Welcome to PatsFans.com

What's suspending the U.S. Constitution between friends?

Discussion in 'Political Discussion' started by Wolfpack, Sep 27, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Wolfpack

Wolfpack Banned

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

I always suspected Bev Purdue of North Carolina was (as they say in NC) a complete idjit. Yup, looks like I was right.

Her office is already doing everything they can to bracktrack on her comments, but it seems she wasn't really joking when she first said it.

Bev Perdue | NC Governor | Suspend Elections | Jobs | The Daily Caller

"I think we ought to suspend, perhaps, elections for Congress for two years and just tell them we won't hold it against them, whatever decisions they make, to just let them help this country recover. I really hope that someone can agree with me on that," Perdue said. "You want people who don't worry about the next election."

The comment -- which came during a discussion of the economy -- perked more than a few ears. It's unclear whether Perdue, a Democrat, is serious -- but her tone was level and she asked others to support her on the idea.

2. Holy Diver

Holy Diver Pro Bowl Player

Ratings:
    +23 / 0 / -0

#80 Jersey

This is about the dumbest thing I've heard since that Rick Perry opened his Jesus-like mouth.

so....

Lets let the elected officials go another term with no consequence for their actions?

I'm sure that'll work out fine.

F-minus.

3. Titus Pullo

Titus Pullo Banned

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -1

different when the Bush Administration wanted to do the very same... Google Army Regulation 500-3, educate yourself, and then think about banning yourself from existence for a few weeks for endless streams of partisan paranoia.

4. sdaniels7114

sdaniels7114 Experienced Starter w/First Big Contract

Ratings:
    +7 / 0 / -0

She's speaking to the idea that, first and foremost, all elected officials think about getting re-elected. Stopping them from doing that, BTW, is the actual benefit to term limits as opposed to the silly idea that changing the faces from time to time will change something.

5. Wolfpack

Wolfpack Banned

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

You know how you can tell when Titus has absolutely no intelligent point to make, but his obsessive need to have the last word compels him to respond to a post?

When he says nothing but "google such and such" - as if it's our responsibility to research a point he is trying to make. :bricks:

6. Wolfpack

Wolfpack Banned

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

That's why I support term limits. But I do not support suspending the Constitution, which specifically says "The House of Representatives shall be composed of Members chosen every second Year by the People of the several States."

Sounds to me like Governor Perdue, D-NC, anticipated 2012 is going to be a very tough year for her party.

7. chicowalker

chicowalker Pro Bowl Player

Ratings:
    +297 / 3 / -4

Funny, you've had no problem in the past saying the same re. your own "points." :bricks:

Last edited: Sep 27, 2011
  8. patsfan13

patsfan13 Hall of Fame Poster PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +309 / 9 / -12

Guess she thinks the Obama campaign isn't going anywhere and would like to suspend the election to help her party......:D

9. Titus Pullo

Titus Pullo Banned

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -1

You can tell when "Wolf" has put himself in an untenable situation when he can't acknowledge the fact that he's been brought face to face with his own partisan hypocrisy. Instead, he has to feign ignorance to the challenge put to him.

Good choice, whiner. Your post, like all of them, is short-sighted partisan fail.

Bush administration submits formal plans for suspending the Constitution and enacting martial law: "Yawn."

One state's 'librul' governor mulls the idea: "Oh noes!!! Communism run amok!!"

As always, different when conservatives do it. LOL.

10. Wolfpack

Wolfpack Banned

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

The Titus rule of debate: When you have nothing to say, just tell someone to research the point you are incapable of making. :bricks:

Fact is this document doesn't even do anything near what you are claiming that it does. And if you don't believe me, just google it and you'll see that I am right.

11. wistahpatsfan

wistahpatsfan Pro Bowl Player

Ratings:
    +13 / 0 / -1

#75 Jersey

I think she was being sarcastic, and even if not- who cares? She's the governor of a sh!thole state. So what? Politicians say stupid stuff all the time. As long as she's not my gov or running for Congress or something that affects me, I couldn't care less.

12. Wolfpack

Wolfpack Banned

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

Well, she's advocating something that would affect you. I wouldn't be surprised if this was a planned DNC trial balloon which obviously went over like it was full of lead.

13. JackBauer

JackBauer Pro Bowl Player

Ratings:
    +795 / 6 / -9

I wouldn't be surprised if you smoke crack in your free time.

14. Wolfpack

Wolfpack Banned

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

If I said such a thing, I would get an infraction and be banned from the thread. Must be nice to be a liberal in here! :rofl: :bricks: :rofl:

15. JackBauer

Ratings:
    +795 / 6 / -9

Oh, poor Wolfpack, ever the victim.

It wasn't a personal attack, so sack up Nancy.

16. Harry Boy

Harry Boy Look Up, It's Amazing PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +829 / 2 / -9

The Loony's are running scared, Jug Ears ain't the "super star" they were all having orgasms and wet dreams over so they threw this fool women out there to say some crazy sh!t and test the water, when people like Herman Cain and Sarah Palin are on the front pages every day it scares the sh!t out of them, THEY WOULD LOVE TO POSTPONE THE ELECTIONS the people are getting to hate the rotten bastards.

:bricks:
    allah ackbar

17. Wolfpack

Wolfpack Banned

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

I can only imagine the storm that would ensue if Sarah Palin ever said the same thing. When Sarah talks, liberals go crazy. BUt the governor of a state? She's just not that important! :rolleyes:

18. Patters

Patters Moderator Staff Member PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +360 / 15 / -13

Actually, Wolfpack, you started the personal attacks in post 5 and continued in post 10. Maybe if you took a little personal responsibility for your behavior you would realize why you are the only conservative in this forum who periodically gets infractions, though none since May. Do you think your dishonest portrayal of Wolfpack-as-victim is serving any purpose?

19. Patters

Patters Moderator Staff Member PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +360 / 15 / -13

It is sort of ridiculous when hyperbole is taken literally, but I know from this forum when I have used analogy to make a point I've been accused of hijacking. "No one ever went broke underestimating the intelligence of the American public," applies to a large segment of the right wing, apparently.

20. JackBauer

Ratings:
    +795 / 6 / -9

Precisely. It was an analogy illustrating the sheer lunacy of the following:

Of course, WP is generally cogent when he posts on the football forum. That plus the fact that he's all but admitted being a (rhymes with "bowl") tells you all you need to know about the guy.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.