PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

What's Rodney Harrison's status?

Status
Not open for further replies.

bakes781

In the Starting Line-Up
Reaction score
I heard a rumor that he may be placed on the PUP list?

Last edited by a moderator:
He probably is going to be placed on the PUP list along with Gay and Kaczur...no worries though

that just means he is out of camp activities right now, it doesn't mean he starts the season on the PUP list

i fully expect him to be ready

its not a rumor..hes on PUP for TC meaning he can come back any practice if coaches decide to take ihm off. He can still play season if hes on PUP for TC.

Rodney wil start on opening day of the regular season.

Next question.

Guys with similar injuries (Culpepper and Palmer) are expected to be back by the beggining of the season so I expect Harrison to be back aswell. Also Harrison has more time to rehab.

I say that Rodney will spend camp as a PUP which means he cannot take the field with the team. He will start the season on PUP and will be eligible to join the 53 man squad between weeks 6 and 9 plus one day. Alternatively, he could be placed on IR at any time before week 9 and a day. Fortunately, this season BB can plan, evaluate and train backup SS players during summer camp.

No one outside the team's inner circle has any idea. Mike Reiss said as much in his weekly mailbag.

Teams are of two mindsets about injuries during the offseason. Both are equally useless to determining where a player stands.

1 - Silent. This is the Pats. No one has any clue.
2 - Ridiculously and illogically positive. "He's ahead of schedule" "Stronger than before the injury" , etc. This has been said of roughly 100% of all ACL injured player in NFL history and yet 100% of all ACL injuries cause the player to have serious struggles to regain past form the first year back. Has medical science made some new gain in the past few months? Keep this in mind when reading the glowing reports on Palmer, Culpepper, etc.

Finally, a factual post on the topic.

be nice to have him back to put Miami in their place.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #5 and Thoughts About Dugger Signing
Matthew Slater Set For New Role With Patriots
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/10: News and Notes
Patriots Draft Rumors: Teams Facing ‘Historic’ Price For Club to Trade Down