Welcome to PatsFans.com

What's Peter King trying to get at?

Discussion in 'PatsFans.com - Patriots Fan Forum' started by jeffro, Aug 17, 2006.

1. jeffro

jeffro Rookie

Ratings:
    +4 / 0 / -0

Pardon me if this has already been posted, but I didn't see it discussed here. Maybe few felt like reading through yet another Brett Favre story from Peter King. But I was wondering what he was getting at by this. He thinks the Pats are going to pull something just because of the current cap space? (from http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2006/writers/peter_king/08/13/morning/3.html)

-------------------------------------------------------------------------

5. I think Goodell's first big test, at least in the eyes of those who supported his opponent, attorney Gregg Levy, will be this: Can he take a draft choice away from Bob Kraft if the Patriots cheat on the cap? Not to single out Kraft, but can Goodell discipline one of the men who supported him so forcefully when the time comes? I'd bet he can, but we'll see.

2. BelichickFan

BelichickFan B.O. = Fugazi PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +785 / 18 / -23

#24 Jersey

I think it was an unfortunate thing for King to say. The way I read it, he's clearly making an issue of whether the new commissioner can separate himself from favoring those who supported him but the way he worded it, a quick read makes it sound like he thinks there's something to be punished for. I'm a big King fan but a quick read of this is very misleading.

3. flutie2phelan

flutie2phelan Rotational Player and Threatening Starter's Job

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0

What "cheating on the cap" is he - or are you - referring to?

4. BelichickFan

Ratings:
    +785 / 18 / -23

#24 Jersey

That's the problem, he's not referring to anything except for the theoretical possibility and what Goodall would then do.

Bad, Peter, bad.

5. Mike the Brit

Mike the Brit Minuteman Target PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +713 / 2 / -2

Disable Jersey

Extraordinary! Does he have any evidence that the Patriots don't play by the rules?

All I can think of that the Patriots have done that one might question is the use of LTBE incentives to find ways of pushing money into the next year. But that is a legal loophole that other teams are using too ... aren't they? ... Miguel?

6. dryheat44

dryheat44 Experienced Starter w/First Big Contract

Ratings:
    +78 / 2 / -0

#75 Jersey

I really think we're getting a little bit over-sensitive. Apparently Kraft was very vocal in his support for Goodell, and wonders if Goodell can maintain objectivity in a hypothetical situation.

If anybody should be offended, it's Goodell, whose morality is unnecessarily being questioned.

Last edited: Aug 17, 2006
  7. BelichickFan

Ratings:
    +785 / 18 / -23

#24 Jersey

That's fine, but a quick read makes it seem like the Patriots have done something illegal.

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 26, 2005