PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

What's Making Me Mad on this Fine Day

Status
Not open for further replies.
I hope if the phins keep running that play some team does what I think BB should have in that game - when they flank chad out at WR line up an AD type across from him with instructions to ignore all else and just focus on thumping chad inside the 5yd zone. Would roughing the passer still apply in that case? Who knows who cares, if they gonna hang their qb out there naked then take full advantage d%#*!@t

No, because he doesn't receive the snap.

If you remember, at some point last year, the Pats lined up in a formation with Maroney under center and Tom in the slot. Needless to say, they did not actually run the play that way. :)

Last edited:
Something like 5 minutes before the direct snap was used in the Super Bowl, I was thinking:

1. If the Pats scored, they'd go for 2.
2. If they went for 2, they'd use the direct snap play, because it seemed to be automatic for about 3 yards.

I remember from subsequent discussion that a number of you reported having similar thoughts.

THAT'S how prominent the play is in the Pats' scheme.

What's hilarious is that it's not just the announcers who are butt ignorant of the Pats' consistent use of this play but apparently the DCs of our opposition seem to ignore that film as well. :)

Well Keith Olberman at least seemed to remember the Pats have used the direct snap to Faulk before - though he's such a moron you can never be sure he's being tongue in cheek or rectum.

The media continuously proves its ignorance.

The Pats aren't talked about much anymore unless we lose like we did 2 weeks ago. And I wouldn't want it any other way. Right now we're 3-1, a half game behind Buffalo who has struggled alot in recent weeks, and quietly flying under the radar in a parity filled league. Underwhelming but effective and on pace for a 12-4 season. This team will be peaking at the right time, believe it.

What's hilarious is that it's not just the announcers who are butt ignorant of the Pats' consistent use of this play but apparently the DCs of our opposition seem to ignore that film as well. :)

No kidding! My first thought when I saw the play is "wow, that still works!" (Edit: we're talking the "trick" version where the QB pretends the snap was high, not the straight-up direct snap.) (Second edit: on the radio broadcasts, why does Gil constantly say "direct snap to Cassel/Brady"?)

Last edited:
Well Keith Olberman at least seemed to remember the Pats have used the direct snap to Faulk before - though he's such a moron you can never be sure he's being tongue in cheek or rectum.

they called it in the SB and in the AFC div game not some week 3 or 4 games .

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes