PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

What's harder to find/more valuable...

Status
Not open for further replies.

patsox23

Experienced Starter w/First Big Contract
Reaction score
a potentially good DL or a potentially good WR?

The Patriots just got a possible bust DL with upside in a straight exchange for a possible bust WR. Given currently equal production/value, you do that trade every, every, EVERY TIME.

I don't disagree....a 3nd rounder that wa smore a stretch to get to 2...with a number 6 first round pick...Obviously potential is there for Sullivan..if he can get motivated..and in line..might have a really super pro!!

I'll break it down like this. Bethel hasn't done much with the Pats and as much as I had hoped he would break out, it just didn't happen. It was time to let him go. Sullivan was really hyped up just like Gerard Warren and didn't do well with their original teams. Now Gerard Warren had a pretty good year with the Broncos. Although the stats won't show it, he did a really good job penetrating and letting the LB's clean up. So hopefully with a change of scenery, Sullivan can play to his "potential". And lets keep in mind he is only 25 years old. Not every player that the Pats recruit will be successful "Duane Starks", but with Seymour and the rest of the coaching staff hopefully push Sullivan to be a really good player. It may work out or it may not, in order to be successful teams must take chances sooner or later and taking a former first round DL is a start.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes