Not open for further replies.

NJPatsGirl

Rookie
Reaction score
I saw this on AOL tonight & frankly I'm totally disgusted. :mad:

Mike Wilbon: 'I'd Hit Tom Brady With Everything I Had as Late as I Could'
Posted Oct 29th 2007 8:22PM by Michael David Smith
Filed under: Patriots, Boston

Yowza. It's not often that a respected journalist openly advocates for one player trying to injure another player, but that's what Michael Wilbon of the Washington Post seems to be doing in this chat at the Post's web site.

Tom Brady's Knee: I can understand Bill Belichick's desire to crush every team in the NFL, but why keep your franchise QB in there to do it? One cheap shot helmet to the knee and it's goodbye Super Bowl unless Cassell suddenly gets good.

Michael Wilbon: You're absolutely right. And if I was on the opposing team, I'd hit Tom Brady with everything I had as late as I could and take the penalty and join the fight that would surely follow. Football is a violent game and there's got to be somebody out there sharpening his fans for the Patriots Golden Boy in the 4th quarter one of these weeks.

Wilbon is a Post columnist as well as a Pardon the Interruption co-host, and although he has more of a passionate fan side to him than most journalists, it's highly unusual that he would actually go so far as to say that he'd actually take a cheap shot at Patriots quarterback Tom Brady if he were on the other team.

Wilbon can't really mean that. Can he?

Hat tip: Pro Football Talk.

Let me just say that if some football player is actually stupid enough to listen to him then Wilbon's own kneecaps will not be long for this world because Pats fans will be lining up to Tonya Harding his ass.

This may sound stupid to some of you but I don't think we should talk or even thinking about things like this. It breeds negative energy. Why do you think some guys get hurt every year meanwhile guys like Favre, Brady or Manning never get hurt? Its their mindset, when you play scared, you get hurt.

Now we aren't on the field so it doesn't matter much but I think we should ignore this as much as possible. I mean think about it, most of you are from Boston, you all know what 86 years of negative thinking can do.

Yup, Wilbon is a dipshyt, I say don't even give him the satisfaction of considering his opinion because it is so stupid it is beyond words.

^ good point. I was just so pissed off when I read this, but yeah, I guess that was his main objective.

For all the "patriots hate crap" and drauma in the NFL this year, the NFL offices have to be pleased as punch the way things are now humming along. The Patriots (and Colts) are premere NFL products and they gloss over some of the sh!tty ones with how they "do what they" do.

If some player (specially after all this dumb media focus on it), were to take an obvious shot a Brady's knee. Goodell would come down VERY HARD, might even find themselves out for a year or more.

Add to that, that player would have to get yanked from the game cuz EVERY PATRIOT player would be lining up for illegal hits speers, chop blocks you name it.

Add to that, the guy would have to go into the witness protection program after the game, cuz he'd probably have a Hit out on him by the angy masses.

I doupt this is a realistic scenerio. The may try to pack a little extra heat in a hit of sack, but a dive at his knees. I don't think so. That's media crap.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey