PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

What's better a 1-5 or 6-10 Pick?

Status
Not open for further replies.

carolinatony

In the Starting Line-Up
Reaction score
The reason I ask is this.
I heard the 1st 5 picks areslotted money wise and you have to pay X amount.
After that it drops quit a bit.
Also, If you pay a unknown rookie so much your cap space is tied up for other players you may want to sign.

Am I in the ballpark with this?

I'd say picks 3-4-5 are probably the best in the draft. Partly it's because teams are willing to trade up into those spots if you choose to drop down. And if you decide you like the pick, you dont pay the ridiculous salary premiums that the #1 and #2 picks get.

SF is looking good for us, right now. A 2-14 season would be hard to argue with.

If we get, say, the 3rd overall pick in 2008 plus Randy Moss in exchange for our #28 pick in 2007, I'd say that was probably the trade of the century.

We could have had Posluszny or Harris, true. But Moss AND a blue chipper? The last time we picked that high in the draft, we got Richard Seymour.

I'd agree, 3-5, Teams that suck, will sell their soul to jump into the top-5. Unless, it's a can't miss guy, I'm willing to bet even cash BB parleys SF pick (if it's a top-5) into a couple #1 this year, thereby ONCE AGAIN, saying Eff You to the NFL.

That would be sweet.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Back