PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Whatever happened to the Vinny Testaverde signing?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pats_Man1

Rookie
Reaction score
Whatever happened to the Vinny T. signing, or did I already miss it???

Re: Whatever Happened To The Vinny T. Signing

I read somewhere that he's expected to sign in the latter part of camp after the two a days are over.

I read somewhere that he's expected to sign in the latter part of camp after the two a days are over.

Eh I hope they start out the year with only two QBs so they can use the spot for another position.

He mentioned in that article it would be after two a days..a few weeks..if/when he is needed. A shadow roster QB in waiting.

Eh I hope they start out the year with only two QBs so they can use the spot for another position.

I'm sure they could always sign him during the season if they really need him.

Thats kinda funny. He refuses to sign a contract until the brutal 2 aday practice schedules are a thing of the past.

I guess when you're 43 and respected by BB you can do what the hell you want.

Maybe that's Asante's strategy? Skip the 2-A-days?

Last edited:

Thats kinda funny. He refuses to sign a contract until the brutal 2 aday practice schedules are a thing of the past.

I guess when you're 43 and respected by BB you can do what the hell you want.
Think about it. He's spent 21 years in the league and if you figure 6 weeks, give or take of training camp, Vinny has spent 126 weeks, or 2.5 years of his life in training camp and suffering thru 2 a days. Put that in the 'been there, done that' category.Se you in late August....

Think about it. He's spent 21 years in the league and if you figure 6 weeks, give or take of training camp, Vinny has spent 126 weeks, or 2.5 years of his life in training camp and suffering thru 2 a days. Put that in the 'been there, done that' category.Se you in late August....

I have no problem with it. I respect the hell out of Vinny T and what hes done over his career. Hes a good guy for Brady to talk to, he knows the offense and can give you a couple of games to start in an emergency. I just think it's funny that he has that level of repore and understanding with BB. Very cool.

I met him once down at Disney waiting to get on Tower of Terror when he was with the Jets. Real nice guy.

Last edited:

But will he pass the conditioning test? No pass, no play! :rolleyes:

He'll pass it. Vinny T is a gym rat. Keeps himself in great shape all year round.

Or maybe he'll take BB out for a couple of beers and miraculously pass it ;-)

Last edited:

Something tells me that Vinny will be in shape and it will be age-adjusted for the times required......

He specifically said he'd sign when training camp was over. Nothing has changed. Nothing has happened. When camp is over, he'll be here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes