PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Whatever happened to the 3 Navy players that were on the reserve list??

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pats726

Veteran Starter w/Big Long Term Deal
Reaction score
I haven't heard anything about these three....RB Eric Kettani...WRs Tyree Barnes & Shun White...I KNOW they are on the Military Reserve list..BUT are they still on that this year OR is there a time limit for that?? Don't know about the rules and ins and outs of MR..and whether they will ever be available for a camp..

I would assume they are still in the military; I think they require at least two years in order to get the reimbursed tuition and other benefits. As a point of comparison, Caleb Campbell was selected by the Lions in 2008 and just finished his commitment this spring.

Kyle Eckel only was on the Reserve/Military list for a year (2005, with the Dolphins after the Pats cut him) because he was kicked out.

I would assume they are still in the military; I think they require at least two years in order to get the reimbursed tuition and other benefits. As a point of comparison, Caleb Campbell was selected by the Lions in 2008 and just finished his commitment this spring.

Kyle Eckel only was on the Reserve/Military list for a year (2005, with the Dolphins after the Pats cut him) because he was kicked out.
I assumed they were wherever serving the country, but I wondered if the Patriots still maintained their rights having them on the Military Reserve list. Thanks...I did not know about Campbell, which I think may have answered my question if I knew about it. So another year or so and then...maybe in camp. Thanks again!

I assumed they were wherever serving the country, but I wondered if the Patriots still maintained their rights having them on the Military Reserve list. Thanks...I did not know about Campbell, which I think may have answered my question if I knew about it. So another year or so and then...maybe in camp. Thanks again!

Yes, the Pats still have their rights. Their contracts toll when they are on reserve lists like this, so they will still be under contract whenever they are reinstated.

Note, though, that the Patriots had supposedly worked put a deal that would have allowed him to be on the PS while serving his commitment, but Saban screwed it up by claiming him off waivers.

Yes, the Pats still have their rights. Their contracts toll when they are on reserve lists like this, so they will still be under contract whenever they are reinstated.
That is what I thought...but wasn't sure. Thanks!! It's not a situation that one runs into often...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back