PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

What would YOU do with an extra first rounder?

Status
Not open for further replies.
FWIW, Young is ranked as a low Day one or Early Day two pick by Pro Football Weekly. When I said what I did about Pat Hill's comment I may have misinterpreted it, meybe he said he favorite OL, not the best, or something. He sounds very legit as a prospect but lower than Mankins.

BelichickFan said:
FWIW, Young is ranked as a low Day one or Early Day two pick by Pro Football Weekly. When I said what I did about Pat Hill's comment I may have misinterpreted it, meybe he said he favorite OL, not the best, or something. He sounds very legit as a prospect but lower than Mankins.
Most of the stuff I read had Mankins in the 3rd round as a prospective G, he seems okay now though...:D I'm skimming the Jest game to kill time and watched him own Vilma on the first play, Vilma turned the tables on the next play plugging the hole Mankins was leading through to allow a DT to fight off his block and get Cory.

Box_O_Rocks said:
Most of the stuff I read had Mankins in the 3rd round as a prospective G, he seems okay now though...:D I'm skimming the Jest game to kill time and watched him own Vilma on the first play, Vilma turned the tables on the next play plugging the hole Mankins was leading through to allow a DT to fight off his block and get Cory.
Yeah, I actually had Mankins to the Pats in my mock but it was at the end of round two, not round one. It is important to remember, though, that was a very weak draft - although I'm sure the Patriots really liked him I bet he didn't have a first round grade.

But, sure, if Koppen leaves, Young would be a good option if they want to go a bit bigger but slower.

rookBoston said:
Rufus Alexander and Patrick Willis? Are you just picking the top rated LBs? Neither of these guys fit our scheme. Alexander is 220#s. He's not even on our radar. Willis is only slightly bigger. Neither one is likely to get much attention from BB/SP in the first round.

Landry and Meriweather are both undersized safeties (185 and 190#, respectively). Not a fit for the type of S Belichick would target in the first round. I'm telling you, Zbikowski at 210# is a pure tough guy that Belichick would find appealing... but probably not in the first round.

I dont think much of Leon Hall (another creation of the Michigan media machine), and DeAndre Jackson sounds... good but unexceptional.

My watch list for the first round: OLB Woodley, OC Young, WR Samardzija.... S Zbikowski, if he rises... and that's it so far.

I want to see more of Quentin Moses and Gaines Adams. If either of them can make the shift to LB, either one could be worth a trade-up.

Other than that, maybe Buster Davis, but he'd be better in the 2nd. And I'm prepared to give Posluzsny another look-- although I agree he's been a non-factor in a few games so far this season, his resume is too impressive to write off that casually. Someone like DE Lawrence Jackson (USC) if he declares; I'll need to see more of him on the field.

actually Alexander is 235 and a straight baller..kid can play and Willis too whos about 240ish. Their bodies are still growing..cant expect every LB to be 250+. Its easy to gain weight..Maroney went from 185 in freshman Minnesota up to 210-215 in Junior year and now hes 217 listed. just because they arent Willie Mac big means we wont look at them? Many said Maroney wouldnt fit our system because he was a "zone blocking" product. Well proves people wrong

Undersized safeties? No..they play SS and FS. Theres plenty great safeties who are 5"11. We have Hawkins at 5"10 and Sanders at 5"10-5"11 playing strong side..so yeah. The 2 of them and Griffin are so much better than Zbiwoski. He blows in coverage..everyone is saying hes overrated and last 2 games..hes been crap. Hes a hard hitter and fast kid but thats all..his cover leaves a lot to be desired about.

Hall another Michigan creation? Ty Law and Charles Woodson sure served well and Marlin Jackson just might be the next Michigan corner. Watch Hall play..hes a Patriot type of player..great in man coverage..hes physical. DeAndre Jackson i dont know much about honestly but teammate of Hobbs at Iowa State..maybe Bill goes back and takes a look there. Buster Davis could be a great player but hes not a first rounder just because hes 5"10-5"11 and his combine 40 wont impress but his game speed will. He a sideline to sideline player..hits hard and plays aggresively. Id like him in 3rd if we can get him by then.

I agree about Moses, Adams and Jackson. I also like Woodley and Burgess as LBs from Michigan Woodley would make the DE-OLB switch. For some strange reason, i feel like BB will do a Michigan draft this year if the players fall in place and we might end up with Hall + Woodley/Burgess.

I dont like Samardazia...he hasnt played too well and hes not fully commited to football. I like Calvin and i would definatley trade up for him but unlikely to get into top 5 so forget it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back