PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

What would you do at #21 if the Pats picked...

Status
Not open for further replies.

tombonneau

In the Starting Line-Up
Reaction score
Leonard Pope TE Georgia

Bc you know with BB/SP its not oustide the realm of possibility, however unfathomable it might seem.

Would even the In BB We Trust Brigade be shopping for new TVs? Bc I know I would be.

Good pick, bring on Round 2.

I would probably hurt myself.

Why would we select a tight end when there are better players at positions of bigger need?

We already have two fantastic TEs. Are we going to use a goal line set every play or something?

I doubt we'll do it but with Graham a UFA in 11 months, it's not as impossible as some may think.

TE out of the question. CB Jimmy Williams at #25 after moving out of the #21 spot.

Workable, but Klopfenstein seems better suited for the Pats if you want a TE.

I think it would all depend on who else was drafted...but I really doubt he would be taken; Many think he's not passionate about football. There are plenty of TEs to grab later and may others who would help the club more at #21.

about a month or two ago i brought up this point
i would not be shocked
and i would not be angry

although i dont expect it

the guy is massive
but hasnt really lived up to his potential
i think given time this guy could be one heck of a weapon though

and as ive said, and im sure, we will pick a te
prob by round four

patsfan55 said:
about a month or two ago i brought up this point
i would not be shocked
and i would not be angry

although i dont expect it

the guy is massive
but hasnt really lived up to his potential
i think given time this guy could be one heck of a weapon though

and as ive said, and im sure, we will pick a te
prob by round four

If size is the big factor, the Pats could probably take Ed Nelson (a UConn basketball player) in round 6 or 7. . . . He's 6'8", 260.

As other folks have said, the Pats can probably do much better as far as TEs go in later rounds.

1.) I'd hurl up my lunch.
2.) I'd scream
3.) I'd kick in the screen
4.) Only THEN would I start shopping for a new tv.

There has to be an order to these things, you know.:D

I have felt all along that a TE is a possibility, as I think we will see Watson line up in a dual role of either TE or WR...he can probably play both, and BB likes Tight Ends..

I have to stick up for another Dawg. Pope is 6'8" 257 with 4.65 spped, and once he gets a head of steam going no DB is bringing him down. Imagine having a 6'8" TE near the goaline? He is also an excellent blocker, remember he didn't have the greatest QB last year. Give him some time with Brady and his old teamates Ben Watson he could be a stud for the Pats. Your first rd pick is the best player available, you can fill "needs" later on in the draft.

http://www.nfl.com/draft/profiles/2006/pope_leonard

I would be shocked if Graham isn't resigned and I have to believe they must be talking extension with him along with Branch. The Pats will definitely draft a TE probably in rounds 4 or 5 but its almost impossible to tell with them they stack their board differntly than most teams and value seems to be the key along with how the player would fit into their system.

2005--Caught two passes for 49 yards and two TDs in annual spring G-Day game...named Best All-Around Offensive Player following spring drills... named to the 2005 John Mackey Award Watch by the Nassau County Sports Commission.... grabbed his first touchdown of the season during Georgia's 23-10 win over Mississippi State...led the Bulldogs in receiving with four catches for 70 yards against Tennessee...tallied a career-high eight catches for 102 yards and a touchdown versus Auburn... led Georgia in receiving yards with 541...named to All-SEC first team by the Associated Press and the SEC Coaches.... Elected to pass up final year of eligibility to enter NFL draft....Best Game - 102 yards, 8 receptions, 1 TD vs. Auburn. (CAREER-HIGH REC YDS, REC: 102, 8 vs. Auburn - 11/12/05)... Recipient of Scott and Elizabeth Kelly Football Scholarship.

All this with a run first offense and a QB that will not even be drafted.

FreeTedWilliams said:
2005--Caught two passes for 49 yards and two TDs in annual spring G-Day game...named Best All-Around Offensive Player following spring drills... named to the 2005 John Mackey Award Watch by the Nassau County Sports Commission.... grabbed his first touchdown of the season during Georgia's 23-10 win over Mississippi State...led the Bulldogs in receiving with four catches for 70 yards against Tennessee...tallied a career-high eight catches for 102 yards and a touchdown versus Auburn... led Georgia in receiving yards with 541...named to All-SEC first team by the Associated Press and the SEC Coaches.... Elected to pass up final year of eligibility to enter NFL draft....Best Game - 102 yards, 8 receptions, 1 TD vs. Auburn. (CAREER-HIGH REC YDS, REC: 102, 8 vs. Auburn - 11/12/05)... Recipient of Scott and Elizabeth Kelly Football Scholarship.

All this with a run first offense and a QB that will not even be drafted.
ALL that is very good..but many have said he isn't mature or has the passion and desire to take it to another level. I think THOSE qualaties are so much more importnat than college stats. If the desire is not there to get better, what does that say??

I wouldl say IBWT and wait three years to see if it was the right choice for the team. I would also wait until the complete draft was over to see who else they picked to help the team.

I'd be very surprised. Pope doesn't seem to be the TE we need. He isn't a premier blocker.

I would not be at all surprised by the pick of a TE at 21, with Fauria gone, and Graham in his contract year. bb wants to have three TE's who can start.

I guess it's possible but I think most Pats fans would react similarly to the Jets fans when Kyle Brady was selected. Pope is a talented player, but not someone who i'd like to see picked at 21.

mgteich said:
I'd be very surprised. Pope doesn't seem to be the TE we need. He isn't a premier blocker.

I would not be at all surprised by the pick of a TE at 21, with Fauria gone, and Graham in his contract year. bb wants to have three TE's who can start.
Just wondering, if you don't Pope at 21, which TE do you think would we go after?

With pick #21 we grab Greenway or trade down with INDY and grab Carpenter and Stovall
We pick up a blocking TE in the 6th Cooper

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back