PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

What would our stats be if Colts and Saints tried to lose to us?

Status
Not open for further replies.

PatSunday

Third String But Playing on Special Teams
Reaction score
The Jets are #1 on defense and #1 in rushing after their highest ranked rivals this season (aside from the Pats) avoided playing them for real since in almost every scenario, if the Pats beat their opponent, the Colts would play the Jets and the Bengals would, as well.

What would our stats be if we played the Colts and New Orleans, the two toughest teams we've faced, in our last two weeks, and they played us the exact same half-assed way?

We would be 12-4. We would have some road wins. :) By the logic some mediots use to pimp the Jets, they should use the same to pimp every other team. For example, the Titans would be 10-6. The Jaguars or Dolphins might have made the playoffs with 9-7. In either case, does that automatically make those teams the most likely to win the Super Bowl?

Re: What would our stats be if Colts and NO tried to lose to us?

Why do people constantly throw around these hypothetical nuisance posts? The Patriots were as good as their record illustrated.

This wasn't about the Patriots at all; I wanted to point out that any playoff team would be in the same position as the Jets if their final two opponents did not field a team, but I had to bring the Pats into this to keep the thread on topic. :) There are a lot of threads and posts here about how great the Jets are but any of the playoff contending teams could have beaten these two teams. Even teams that had no chance to make the playoffs and had no reason to try, like Detroit, might have beaten at least one of the Colts and Bengals.

Last edited:

The Jets have been #1, or top 5 in those stats for virtually the entire season.

Who cares? Would it change how good or bad the defense really is? Stats are useless in the NFL. The only stat that matters to me is wins. There is no awards for being the top ranked offense or defense.

I don't understand the real point. Nobody is giving the Jets any credit for the Indy win anyway. And when did the Saints roll over for them? They beat the Jets in week four.

Like other posters, I fail to see the point of this thread. The Jets have had one of the best defenses in the NFL all season even with injuries. We've been inconsistent all season, getting free wins from the Colts or Saints wouldn't make us any better.

No one has been praising the Jets for beating the Colts or Bengals anyways. People are just giving them a chance because typically having the #1 defense and #1 rushing offense is a pretty good combo for the playoffs.

Doesn't matter. But what do you think the Costas, Kings, Ditkas, et al, of the world would be saying about the NEP if they had made the play-offs the way the Jets did? Be honest, now...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back