PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

What would make you really happy on draft day?

THE HUB FOR PATRIOTS FANS SINCE 2000

MORE PINNED POSTS:
Replies:
Very sad news: RIP Joker
Replies:
OT: Bad news - "it" is back...
Replies:
2023/2024 Patriots Roster Transaction Thread
Replies:
Asking for your support

Which of the following draft moves would make you happy

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Trade Asante Samuel and #28 to the Redskins for #6 and a 3rd rounder.

Trade #6, next year's 2nd rounder, maybe also something else, 3rd rounder this year to Cleveland for he #3. Assuming Cleveland has its eye on Brady Quinn. Who knows, it may take #6 and next year's 1st rounder, the 32nd pick. I'd be fine with that.

Take Calvin Johnson and then the best safety/cornerback at #24. You still have two more picks in the 3rd round.

Trade #6, next year's 2nd rounder, maybe also something else, 3rd rounder this year to Cleveland for he #3. Assuming Cleveland has its eye on Brady Quinn. Who knows, it may take #6 and next year's 1st rounder, the 32nd pick. I'd be fine with that.

Take Calvin Johnson and then the best safety/cornerback at #24. You still have two more picks in the 3rd round.

This would make absolutly no sense.

" A good DB and a good LB and no first round TEs"

I agree with you

I don't know if I'd be happy because I don't know who any of the players mentioned are.

Last edited:
I like three options listed here:

I like Puz and Griffin
I like Nelson and Harris
I like trading down from #28.

I CAN'T WAIT I'M SO EXCITED!!!11121!@!!@!@

Last edited:
ochmed, what's probability of samuel returning?

Signing Samuel to a long term non-bank breaking deal and getting two major contributors to the 2007 addition of the Pats team.

i seem to recall what when BB/SP let a player go into his walk year, he's as good as gone. when they want to keep somebody they make a move the year before.
koppen, light, jarvis green, brady, faulk, seymour, bruschi, vrabel.
flip the coin: mcginest, branch, AV, gorin, andruzzi,, truck traylor, washington, WRs like jefferson and givens.

in samuel's rookie TC, ty law (soon to depart) said samuel was a "ball magnet". the phrase caught my eye. not only has samuel made a lot of INTs the past 3 years, he's also batted down a BUNCH of passes. IMHO when a QB sees a DB get a hand on a pass, the QB gets angina about throwing there again. for me samuel's touches have added to the value. he will get a LOT of UFA money.
every day he gets closer to UFA status, and can't settle with patriots, the "hometown discount" erodes. resentment builds. samuel knows he can get a serious bonus AND $6-8 Million a season.
ty law and milloy were a LOT older, both around 30, when things got to here. signing a player out to age 34 is difficult.
samuel is young, his better years are still out there.
this is not good.

How about Ross and Griffin?
That's where I'm leaning at this point.
Although I just recently began reading up on this years prospects.
Both of these guys intrigue me.
2 Longhorns in rd 1? Maybe.

Last edited:

No offense, but that's the dumbest idea ever. You had to be called out on this one. Why the hell would the Patriots want to pay Johnson? If the Patriots are going to trade up into that area of the draft, then they would take Landry.

Last edited:
I just think this draft is realy weak and so are these choices!!! Pats should take their one ranked 1st round player that's left and then trade #28 for a pick next year imo.

This draft is NOT weak. This draft is deep in the DB's and LB's, both positions that the Patriots have needs. Who do you have in mind for next years draft if I may ask?

This draft is NOT weak. This draft is deep in the DB's and LB's, both positions that the Patriots have needs. Who do you have in mind for next years draft if I may ask?

The draft is deep in safeties and wide receivers but not linebackers. The 1st round quality linebackers that fit the Pats system and size requirements imo are Patrick Willis and... That's about it. Even then you'll hear plenty argue that Patrick Willis is undersized even though his playing weight was 242.

Beason/Timmons are borderline 1st/2nd round prospects for the Pats because of their size issues. Once you get out of the top 15 picks I don't think you see any linebackers the Pats want until somewhere mid 2nd to 3rd round. Next year's draft from what I hear will be deeper in linebackers but I'm not going to get into projecting them until the time we actually know who is declaring or not.

I will be really surprised if the Pats take a 1st round linebacker. Oh yeah I do like Gaines Adams, a possible Jason Taylor clone, but he's a top 5 lock imo so not really a consideration for us.

Drafting at positions 24 and 28 the Patriots have to HOPE that one guy in their top 20 will slip through the cracks otherwise they are looking at prospects that aren't true 1st rounders and would be better served by trading down or trading for a future 2008 pick. JMO.

Last edited:
No offense, but that's the dumbest idea ever. You had to be called out on this one. Why the hell would the Patriots want to pay Johnson? If the Patriots are going to trade up into that area of the draft, then they would take Landry.

Well, because, my idea is better than yours. Calvin Johnson is the best player in the draft, that's why. You want to draft the next Ed Reed. I'm hoping we take the next Jerry Rice, because I'm looking at our wide receivers, and it's not looking good.

I am frankly STUNNED at how many people want the Pats to draft Poluszny. Good Lord, what do people like about him? In the FIRST round??? Egads.

Nelson and Harris/Woodley or Beason and Griffin, please.

Well, because, my idea is better than yours. Calvin Johnson is the best player in the draft, that's why. You want to draft the next Ed Reed. I'm hoping we take the next Jerry Rice, because I'm looking at our wide receivers, and it's not looking good.

How can you say Johnson is the next Jerry Rice? Different build, different speed, different game.

How many "Jerry Rices" have there been?

Last time I checked, one. Like one Walter Payton, one John Mackey, one John Hannah. You're talking about a guy in Rice who may be the best all-time at his position.

I'm not saying Johnson will be the next Hart Lee Dykes, but jeeeeeeeeeez. :bricks:

I voted any of the above, just because i think our organization really knows what they are doing and will be o.k with any desicion they make.

2-3 high DBs, some LBs, a BJ and a steak, (Porterhouse).:D

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back