PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

What would have happened if Seattle ran the ball

Status
Not open for further replies.

mikey m

2nd Team Getting Their First Start
Reaction score

Dont'a is Spikes of course. Great call Pete.

Last edited:
They stop Lynch dead in his tracks and/or force him to fumble and Pats recover. I don't give a phuck what anyone says, the Pats were winning that SB regardless of what kind of great defensive play needed to be made.

They give it to Lynch, but Hightower torpedoes through the line, helmet first, causing the ball to missile forward. Kearse makes a lunge for it, but Butler undercuts him to seal the win.

Fantasy world scenario,

Tom Brady is subbing for the injured Hightower at linebacker. Lynch runs it but Tom won't let this Super Bowl slip and he rattles Lynch with a spear tackle forcing the fumble. The ball bounces around on the turf before Wilfork recovers the ball and runs it 99 yards for the game ending touchdown hahaha

Roger Goodell trots onto the field in a Seahawks uniform and barrels over the Patriots line for the game winning touchdown. He grabs his crotch and taunts the Patriots organization and fans "What are you gonna do about it?" Goodell is named MVP for this and all subsequent Super Bowls.

I'd like to thank Vince McMahon for his inspiration.

They'd of steam rolled their O line, ripped the ball out of Lynch's hand and ran it in for a TD.

Patriots 35
SwampPigeons 24

Lynch is stopped for a one yard loss. Pete Carroll has to call timeout or they try rushing to the line and throw a pass on the 3rd down play. I wonder what they would do if they call time out right away. Try running it in? If they fail they'll have no time for a 4th down play.

They score and Gost know ski misses a 60 yard field goal game over.

Lynch is stopped for a one yard loss. Pete Carroll has to call timeout or they try rushing to the line and throw a pass on the 3rd down play. I wonder what they would do if they call time out right away. Try running it in? If they fail they'll have no time for a 4th down play.

We would have stopped Lynch for a loss. We needed a defensive play or two or three.
====
If the play was a run instead of a pass, then they would have called a time out and called one last play.

What the pass play give them was 3 chances to turn over the ball instead of two. Seriously, I think that Belichick would have called a pass play under these circumstances (wide open or throw it away). Of course, Belichick would have called the first running play MUCH faster, give Seattle time for four plays.

Make no mistake, if the pass had succeeded, Carroll would have been the genius for his play calling at the end of the pass, and at the end of the game.

lynch gets stuffed. next play, Butler picks off Wilson for the win.

59162240.jpg

With the personnel out there at the time, which was 8 in the box including Wilfork, Siliga and Branch, Lynch DEFINITELY gets stuffed. That's why Seattle went with the pass.

lynch scores. 25 sec left. brady marches down and gets 3. now it's OT. hawks wins the coin toss. we give up 3. and now brady's turn. we march down methodically and throws TD to...

Solder. same play.

I can't even being to think...could he have scored? yes Could he have been stuffed? yes..just don't know

Seattle got outplayed in 3 out of 4 quarters. It truly was a miracle that they even got that close to winning in the first place.

Defense not only stops Beast Mode, but drives him all the way back to the other end zone for a safety.

Pats had stopped him on short yardage before

Better idea. After a miscommunication by wilson and lynch, Wilson desperately tries to scramble up the middle but runs into his right guard's ass and is flattened. The ball goes flying and butler scoops it up and takes it to the house.
Pats - 35
Hawks - 24

FUMBLE! Patriots Recover! Well that was Dumbest play in Superbowl history Al, I agree CollingsworthLESS. Why didn't he Pass Al, doesn't Carroll know that Lynch has been stopped last 5 outta whatever from 1 yd line? Typical Mediot Spin.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes