PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

What would have been ...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well, no offense to Modell's, but they took a pretty stupid gamble--both in a business sense, and in overall common sense.

This was not the right year to gamble 500,000 that we'd somehow go to Denver and beat Manning for the 4th straight time with the team that they were fielding.

We obviously had a reasonable shot, but I don't know what would have led anyone to believe that it was worth a 500,000 gamble. Not too many people looked at yesterday's game and immediately felt that N.England were definitely going to win. As a matter of fact, the heavy consensus and money were favoring Denver tremendously.

Well, no offense to Modell's, but they took a pretty stupid gamble--both in a business sense, and in overall common sense.

This was not the right year to gamble 500,000 that we'd somehow go to Denver and beat Manning for the 4th straight time with the team that they were fielding.

We obviously had a reasonable shot, but I don't know what would have led anyone to believe that it was worth a 500,000 gamble. Not too many people looked at yesterday's game and immediately felt that N.England were definitely going to win. As a matter of fact, the heavy consensus and money were favoring Denver tremendously.
Agreed, but apparently it was worth it to them and a loss they could comfortably enough absorb. I wonder if they did the same thing last year.

There are few things that piss me off more than seeing those stupid "collector's item" t-shirts from past failed attempts. I guess I don't pay attention too closely in other years, but I swear I don't see nearly as many of these items for other teams.

tax writeoff...some kids in Belize will be wearing them in a week

tax writeoff...some kids in Belize will be wearing them in a week

Yep, and while we all see the good in clothing poor kids from other countries, we'll also have to experience 100 different pictures and articles showing what could have been.

Puke...

and forget Manning's video game year when was the last time if ever that new England beat Denver in Denver in the playoffs I cant remember a reg season win there

and forget Manning's video game year when was the last time if ever that new England beat Denver in Denver in the playoffs I cant remember a reg season win there

Well, there was the regular season victory where we intentionally took the safety late in the game and came back to win it, but that was quite some time ago.

Since they can't sell any of these, can I get a free one?

Well, there was the regular season victory where we intentionally took the safety late in the game and came back to win it, but that was quite some time ago.

wow I forgot about that game that was a very good game

Non story.

Modells grosses over half a billion a year. They do this kind of thing all the time with NY and PA teams. Part of doing business.

This is like being shocked that Vegas takes bets on both teams in the game. LOL

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
Back