PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

What would be big?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Red_Sox_Fan

On the Game Day Roster
Reaction score
* Celtics 16 NBA Championships. 8 in a row from 1959-1966.

* Red Sox great comeback from a record deficit 0-3 to 4-3 and move on to winning championship

* And (no jinx intended), our dream run to continue Pats 19-0

No doubt we have a lot to be proud of but lets here it.

* Celtics 16 NBA Championships. 8 in a row from 1959-1966.

* Red Sox great comeback from a record deficit 0-3 to 4-3 and move on to winning championship

* And (no jinx intended), our dream run to continue Pats 19-0

No doubt we have a lot to be proud of but lets here it.
well, winning 4 straight baseball games is much easier than 19 straight FB games, so toss the sox out...

hard to argue against 8 straight championships of the C's, but remember it was a smaller league then...

which will happen next? a 19-0 NFL season, or 8 cons NBA champs? i think neither will ever happen again... probably the 19-0 would happen before 8 straight champs... but if we went back to the small NBA league of that time, then maybe the 8 champs would happen first.

well, winning 4 straight baseball games is much easier than 19 straight FB games, so toss the sox out...

hard to argue against 8 straight championships of the C's, but remember it was a smaller league then...

which will happen next? a 19-0 NFL season, or 8 cons NBA champs? i think neither will ever happen again... probably the 19-0 would happen before 8 straight champs... but if we went back to the small NBA league of that time, then maybe the 8 champs would happen first.

The Sox' comeback from 0-3 had never been done before - by anyone. As the fan with the poster implored them in game 4 of that series, "Make history or we're history!", and that is indeed what they did.

Credit where credit due, huh?

The Sox' comeback from 0-3 had never been done before - by anyone. As the fan with the poster implored them in game 4 of that series, "Make history or we're history!", and that is indeed what they did.

Credit where credit due, huh?
ill give credit, im a sox fan... but there is absolutely no comparision... winning 4 straight in BB is easy, winning 19 in FB is impossible. winning 8 champs in the nba is NOW impossible.

you WILL see 4 straight wins in BB again... you will NEVER see 19-0, or 8 straight NBA champs again.

ill give credit, im a sox fan... but there is absolutely no comparision... winning 4 straight in BB is easy, winning 19 in FB is impossible. winning 8 champs in the nba is NOW impossible.

you WILL see 4 straight wins in BB again... you will NEVER see 19-0, or 8 straight NBA champs again.

Then we can expect this type of comeback in playoffs and World Series to be common events from here on in?

lets put this into perspective...winning 4 baseball games is easier than winning 19 football games. period.

however, lets also remember this was 4 games against the yankees in the ALCS in the wake of what happened in 2003 with aaron f'ing boone and 86 years etc. Yes. we will see 4 straight baseball wins, but i doubt we willl ever see 4 straight sox wins over yankees in an ALCS. ever.

The celebration of the 2004 RedSox world series will massively overshadow a Pats SB this year, because of history and the broad audience of the sox. For me, I would love to see the Pats win every year. I love the dominance of BB/TB etc. I root for that.

anyway..going fishing tomorrow and my alarm is set at 5AM and I am drunk...later

How about adding the fact that the Patriots have already won 3 SBs in 5 years to that list.

When it comes to 'Big' accomplishments in the history of this town I'd say the Patriots are firmly entrenched behind the Celtics only at this point regardless of what happens on Sunday.

boston is a baseball town and it's not even close. of course it'd be the sox historic comeback against their archrival, nothing the pats have done this decade comes close.

Oh god I really seriously hate you so much and if you show up to the Friday meet I will slap you until my boyfriend Hector manages to talk me down.

"Make history or we're history". I like that. Red Sox pulled of the greatest come back when it mattered most. Almost same again this year against Cleveland. BUT, I must admit, 19-0 will be SPECIAL. Yes there is 13-0 before....but this day and age, it will be SPECIAL OF ALL TIME. Pats had tough draw, nevertheless.

boston is a baseball town and it's not even close. of course it'd be the sox historic comeback against their archrival, nothing the pats have done this decade comes close.

Please commit suicide as soon as possible.

This is a dated and ignorant position from a colts fan who probably thinks that St Louis is the big city.

Every year, a team goes 14-2 and occasionally a team goes 15-1.

It would be a stretch to say that you don't think it will ever happen again. Especially since Brady is only 30.

It would be still THE greatest until we have even bigger conference.

Stop Posting. Kill Yourself.

the red sox were GREAT that year... they won 4 games in a row when they had to... i love the red sox... i love ortiz... but please... 4 baseball games is no comparison to an nfl team going 19-0 (which will never happen again)... you will see a lot of 4-game win streaks in MLB (tons?).... you will NEVER, EVER see a 19 game win streak in the NFL.

Last edited:
the red sox were GREAT that year... they won 4 games in a row when they had to... i love the red sox... i love ortiz... but please... 4 baseball games is no comparison to an nfl team going 19-0 (which will never happen again)... you will see a lot of 4-game win streaks in MLB (tons?).... you will NEVER see a 19 game win streak in the NFL.

Especially since a playoff series in baseball is roughly equivalent to one playoff game in football. The analogy is bad because you're talking about the entirety of the Pats season v. an isolated series comeback. It would be more comparable to the Pats pulling off the greatest comeback ever in the AFCCG. Not to mention the fact that "Boston is a baseball town" isn't a very good reason why A is better than B.

Last edited:
lol... say that again after you try to buy a ticket to either event, chump.

Especially since a playoff series in baseball is roughly equivalent to one playoff game in football. The analogy is bad because you're talking about the entirety of the Pats season v. an isolated series comeback. It would be more comparable to the Pats pulling off the greatest comeback ever in the AFCCG. Not to mention the fact that "Boston is a baseball town" isn't a very good reason why A is better than B.

boston may be a (small) baseball town, but new england is a football region... plain and simple... boston doesnt have a football team, never will... new england, a multi-state region does... and by FAR, the biggest sporting team in NEW ENGLAND is the patriots... just check out ticket prices relative to face price.

wildo, you are right.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill