Welcome to PatsFans.com

What would BB do about Manny being Manny?

Discussion in 'Red Sox Fan Forum' started by PittPatriot, Jul 27, 2008.

1. PittPatriot

PittPatriot PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +2 / 0 / -0

#11 Jersey

I know not everyone on the board is a BoSox fan...but many of us are. I have always found the Sox and Pats to be very different in how they manage their players...divas don't live in the Pats lockerroom. The Red Sox clubhouse strengthened after Diva #1 Nomar was shown the door. Now, Manny (is their a better overall hitter in my life time?) is being Manny again. What would Belichick do if he were in Terry Francona's shoes?

It is a loaded question because baseball is a far more individual sport than football, but I am curious as to how you guys feel about the situation.
  2. scout

scout Rookie

Ratings:
    +43 / 0 / -2

#15 Jersey

It's the ol' George Carlin scenario; Football/baseball. Tho, way back when, in 67 Williams didn't take sheet from anyone.
  3. patriotspride

patriotspride Banned

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0

you cant compare the two for obvious reasons. its apples and oranges. baseball has guaranteed contracts football doesnt. if bb was the sox coach he would have to live with it just like francona does. francona's record speaks for itself. the first coach to win a redsox ws in 86 years and two in four. both with Manny on the team
    Last edited: Jul 27, 2008