PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

What will your game day be like?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I will be in my recliner, my buddy a Giants fan, will be in the other recliner. We will be watching in High Def on a 92" screen with the 5.1 surround cranked all the way up.

Last edited:
that's awesome--I turned my mom and her boyfriend onto a 20" LCD a few years back, and they were so amped that they asked me to find them a 42" plasma for him the next year. what a treat to know how happy he is watching the Sox and Pats on a big HD screen!

Yeah my parents live in an Apt down here so they can't get Sunday Ticket but my Dad does get MLB Extra Innings. He watches like 3 games a day, I've never seen someone get their moneys worth out of something like he does with that.

He hollered and yelled when we got it for him because he hates when we buy him stuff. Then I set it up for him and turned on a football game and he started watching and got really quiet like he was mesmerized. Kinda like when you put an Elmo DVD in front of a 4 year old. Then after a while he says "this is pretty good". Hehe, I have dragged him kicking and screaming into the 21st Century.

I'm a bad person. I'll be seeing my girlfriend for the first time in a month over this weekend, so we'll be up all night...watching the superbowl in my front room :)

that's awesome--I turned my mom and her boyfriend onto a 20" LCD a few years back, and they were so amped that they asked me to find them a 42" plasma for him the next year. what a treat to know how happy he is watching the Sox and Pats on a big HD screen!

Totally agree, I am blessed to have a 52" LCD HDTV with full HDMI Hook Up. Dude, in th egame against the Chargers they did a zoom on Matt Light in a 3 point stance and I could frickin see the SNOT ROCKETS in his nose! IT WAS CRAZY! You know things are good when you can see blades of grass, better yet paint drops on top of the blades of grass! WOW! I too bought my Dad a 47 inch LCD with HD this past year. I didnt tell him or my mom I was doing it. He is 61. So one day why they were out me and my boy went to there house and hung that puppy above there fire place. I left a note something like, Hey Chief, (Thats what I call my Dad, he worshiped Parrish #00) anyway, I know you said that they were a waste of money and that your 27" is all you need, but now you have it might as well enjoy it. My mom said when he turned iton and HD came flowing through he looked like he was at a nudy bar. Her words not mine. My mom is really cool, obviously. Anyway, he too is now an advocate of wide screen HD. WORD UP! Gonna come in handy on SUNDAY the 3rd! GO PATS!

You my friend, have my deepest loyalty and esteem! That is frigin awesome! Give those GIANT FANS hell! GO PATS!

thanks. ever since sunday i've felt like i'm behind the lines in enemy territory. folks here are taking this very seriously and i haven't spoken to a single giants fan who doesn't think the giants are going to win (pretty much the same feeling as folks in my hometown of philadelphia had a few years back). i'm amazed at how much i sound like bb when i'm talking to them. "you have a great team." "boy you've played great down the stretch." "it's gonna be a tough game."

what's really amazing is how many jets fans, who usually Hate the giants, have had a temporary conversion, crossed lines and are pulling for big blue.

thanks. ever since sunday i've felt like i'm behind the lines in enemy territory. folks here are taking this very seriously and i haven't spoken to a single giants fan who doesn't think the giants are going to win (pretty much the same feeling as folks in my hometown of philadelphia had a few years back). i'm amazed at how much i sound like bb when i'm talking to them. "you have a great team." "boy you've played great down the stretch." "it's gonna be a tough game."

what's really amazing is how many jets fans, who usually Hate the giants, have had a temporary conversion, crossed lines and are pulling for big blue.

Of course the JETS fans flip over to the GIANTS! They are just like GIANTS fans, theyhave no loyalty, except when they are winning! OH WELL!

Hey guys, I am definately not trying to keep this thread at the front, however I had to share something on this subject that I found both disturbing and funny. I met a guy at the Hardware Store he had to be like mid 50's. He had a PATS jacket and PATS Hat on, so of course I had to give him the WASSSSSUP MY BRUTHA, OUR BOYS ROCK, kind of greeting. Well we got to talking and the conversation ended up about this board, fans of the PATS as you can imagine are pretty scarce down here in VA. So then I told him about this thread and about some of the stuff I have heard on here. Like the westah wistah and the dudes WALMART Mom. Anyway, he diecides to share he and his wifes ritual. Keep in mind the holmes here is like 320 lbs, maybe 5'8" and like 50 something. So he watches the game in his tighty whiteys nothing else. He told me that he does this regardless of who is there. His grown kids, grandchildren, neighbors, he said he has even done this while a Heater Repair Dude was theer servicing a down Heat Pump. Was he cold? I know pretty funny. Here is the kicker, he said that when the PATS score a TD, he drops tighy whitey trow, and does a victory dance in his family room, again, regardless of who is there. He said he started this tradition in the 70's when the streaking craze was big. Yes I asked, he has in fact done the dance in front of others. No little kids thank god, but that's because his kids know that they need to get themselves and there children out of the room when the PATS score. I know what your thinking, YEAH RIGHT! I thought that too. But itwas a great story and the way this dude told me, I mostly believe it. NOW THATS A MAN IN HIS CASTLE! HA HA HA HA! I wanted to ask what he does for a field goal, but I was scared. :eek:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #5 and Thoughts About Dugger Signing
Matthew Slater Set For New Role With Patriots
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/10: News and Notes