PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

What will the starting OL be vs. KC?

Status
Not open for further replies.

tombonneau

In the Starting Line-Up
Reaction score
Ok, let's hear some thoughts on what the opening day starting OL will be ... I for one am cautiously optimistic on Matt Light. RG not so much ... I think they don't fiddle around too much and just try to plug whoever looks best in at RG. I'm hoping Hochstein is ready to go ...

LT Light
LG Mankins
C Koppen
RG Hochstein
RT Kaczur

So basically I'm crossing fingers that Light & Hochstein are healthy and we maintain a decent amount of continuity from 2007 ...

Ok, let's hear some thoughts on what the opening day starting OL will be ... I for one am cautiously optimistic on Matt Light. RG not so much ... I think they don't fiddle around too much and just try to plug whoever looks best in at RG. I'm hoping Hochstein is ready to go ...

LT Light
LG Mankins
C Koppen
RG Hochstein
RT Kaczur

So basically I'm crossing fingers that Light & Hochstein are healthy and we maintain a decent amount of continuity from 2007 ...

Britt at LT isn't the end of the world if it comes to that. Certainly a healthy Light is preferable, of course, but Britt has looked like a good backup so far.

RG is tougher to fill simply b/c Yates has looked bad so far this preseason, Hochstein hasn't looked great and is now injured...I'm hoping either Welbourn or Flynn, both career starters, is good enough to plug in for the time being.

RT is a bit of a sore spot too b/c Kaczur has looked pretty poor so far to me. Not sure what that's about, but he has appeared to struggle every time I've keyed in on him this preseason.

LT Light
LG Mankins
C Koppen
RG Welbourn
RT Kaczur

Two tackles, two guards and a center, I hope.

Moe, Larry, and Curley.

Oh wait you mean our guys?
Light, Mankins, Koppen + 2 scrubs

LT- Light
LG - Mankins
C - Koppen
RG - Flynn
RT - Welbourne

Very vanilla offense with the 2 newbies against a weak KC defense giving the Jets nothing to game plan for next week.

There has been a lot of discussion. We are likely to have all our 2007 starters back for KC, except for Neal. And yes, Britt might start instead of Light.

I suspect that real dispute is between those who thought the 2007 line was one of the best in the AFC, and those who thought we needed wholesale changes to improve on 2007 performance (I suspect that only 19-0 is acceptable that group of posters).
------------
As of now, we have replaced Neal and Hochstein with Welbourne and Flynn. I don't know the injury status fo Yates. I am not at all uncompfortable with going into meat of the season with an active line of Light, Mankins, Koppen, Welbourn, Kaczur, Britt and Flynn. This is a strong line, with strong backups.

I expect Yates and O'Calaghan/Ross as the backups after the break.

At this point, whoever is healthy. I'm taking:

LT: Light
LG: Mankins
C: Koppen
RG: Welbourn/Flynn
RT: Kaczur

Light
Koppen
Mankins

and 3 RBs

LT- Light
LG - Mankins
C - Koppen
RG - Flynn
RT - Welbourne

Very vanilla offense with the 2 newbies against a weak KC defense giving the Jets nothing to game plan for next week.

Does Welbourne have experience at RT? I can't imagine he is beating out a healthy Kaczur (who BTW is about to regain his rightful place as Patsfans.com's Third Favorite Whipping Boy after a late summer surge by Cassel; Chad Jackson & Hobbs remain comfortably in first and second, respectively).

Though I do agree with vanilla offenses to start the season. Lots of easy stuff to help get the line in sync.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes