PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

What Will the Pats' Emotions Be Like Sunday?

Status
Not open for further replies.

aluminum seats

Pro Bowl Player
Reaction score
I think it'll be interesting to see, and maybe determinative of the season. This team has thrived under Belichick in never getting too high/too low. They've been the pretty much perfect combination of playing with precision, and passion. Now all of the fans, all of us, will be full-throttle Sunday, of course. But will the Pats be drained from this, will they be sky-high, or what? I'm honestly not sure--I'm just hoping they maintain the focus that they need.

The reason this seems important to me is that this team is stacked......if they are able to block out everything from this week, if they are able to beat what is obviously one of the top couple teams in the league, then watch out.

In the movie 'Fast Times at Ridgemont" there was a footbaqll player named Jefferson (played by Forest Whittaker IIRC) who though his car was wrecked by the members of the other team, He played with a chip on his shoulder. IMO you will see 45 guys on the filed playing the way Jefferson did.

I think the Patriots are gonna come out sunday and dismantle SD, we've been pushed back into a corner and are gonna come out swingin... the players are fed up with all the BS that went on this week and are gonna take it out on the chargers..... just my opinion but im really confident bout what I said...

MY THOUGHTS

There is no need to worry about emotion in this game.

Both teams will be jacked and ready.

One team will be disappointed.

Barring major injuries, this game will not be determinate of the season for either team. This is one game.

Both teams are playoff teams, by current consensus (!!!!) two of the top three teams in football.

Other than a potential 15 yarder for paying back LT for his big mouth, nothing that has happened this week will affect this game.

Last edited:
I think the crowd will have an impact on this game. It will be the first time this week the Patriots will hear anything but mouthbreath and jeers...if they have been listening at all. A supportive crowd will be worth points.

It's probably a plus that this particular game under these particulars circumstances is being played at Foxboro.

I think those two areas give the Pats an advantage. Other than that..keep the turnovers and the penalties out of the Patriots game...control the ball..and score the most points.

GO PATRIOTS!!!!

In the movie 'Fast Times at Ridgemont" there was a footbaqll player named Jefferson (played by Forest Whittaker IIRC) who though his car was wrecked by the members of the other team, He played with a chip on his shoulder. IMO you will see 45 guys on the filed playing the way Jefferson did.

fast.jpg

Ironically, I happened to catch Fast Times last night on cable. I always loved the football game scene

"Tackled by Jefferson...Crushed by Jefferson...Killed by Jefferson...Jefferson...Jefferson"

Final Score:
Ridgemont High 41
Lincoln 0

The Pats are THE PATS...play well, adverse and very very Loaded...NO mercy for the chargers...gotta make an example out of the top AFC West challenger

I bet the PATS come out all fired up and ready to defend their coach. Going to be a very, VERY fun game.

I think the field mainenance crew will be pulling up Chargers players with spatulas after the game.

I really think this game will be a slaughter, one way or another. It will really tell us about the season, either the Pats have been demoralized by this whole thing and will be crushed, or will be pissed off and destroy the CHargers !!

I wouldn't put it past BB to have done this on purpose just for the extra motivation it provides. :D

This sort of reminds me of the "Inches" speech by Al Pacino in Any Given Sunday. I just watched it on YouTube, and it's not bad if you apply some of it to the Pats and BB.

They are going to utterly tear up the Chargers, no doubt.

I had to make an account, I've lurked for a while, but I saw too many fans jumping off-ship and couldn't stand it.

Go Pats, In BB I trust.

I bet the PATS come out all fired up and ready to defend their coach. Going to be a very, VERY fun game.

Are you kidding?

Publicly they have to support him and NE fans would support Charles Manson if he produced trophies! In private they gotta be pissed that their coach thinks they can't win straight up and feels he has to cheat and embarass them. The'll play hard because their pros but not FOR BB...no way!

Are you kidding?

Publicly they have to support him and NE fans would support Charles Manson if he produced trophies! In private they gotta be pissed that their coach thinks they can't win straight up and feels he has to cheat and embarass them. The'll play hard because their pros but not FOR BB...no way!

I'm pretty sure you were in the front row of all the same idiota who believed they would never play hard for him after he cut Brady's best bud Lawyer Milloy.

Unless you speak to each one of them, what the effin crap you know they're thinking.

Real classy to bring a mass murderer comparison. He must've whacked your family

Are you kidding?

comparing pats fans to serial killers???????? Sorry dude, but here's one Pats fan that says you are full of ****....

Last edited:
I'm wondering What Will the Pats' Fans' Emotions Be Like Sunday? When Rodney was busted, it got the expected/appropriate amount of attention, nothing more/nothing less. When BB was busted, it got ripped as the crime of the century and every success in the past (even though this "camera" rule is only a year old) has been questioned.

Should be interesting.

I have a feeling BB has adressed the issue to the players. In Michael Holley's book Patriot Reign, during Tuna Bowl 1, when there was tremendous media hoopla BB told the team to not field questions about the coaches. He said

"Don't worry about us, we're both ***holes".

I have a feeling he's telling the team something similar this week.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
Back