Not open for further replies.
Re: Which will be our record?

My expected seeding are as follows.....

1) San Diego
2) Baltimore
3) New England
4) Cincinnati
5) Indianapolis
6) Houston (yes I said it,Houston as a sleeper!)

Houston? You are the goofball -

I think it will go something like this....

1. Patriots
2. Ravens
3. Broncos
4. Colts

5. Chargers
6. Jags

Not one to pick my own team, but no other team blows me away.

Ravens was my first pick with the addition of McGahee, but I don't like McNair at QB and a questionable passing game. Defense is still stout.

Broncos still need to address DE and build up their run defense. Second year QB doesn't earn confidence points.

Colts will continue to field a great offense, but the defense is questionable. Yeah, they stopped the run in the playoffs, but they still need to do it in the regular season.

Chargers playing in a tougher division with additions around the league. Secondary and receivers are questionable. Wonder about Rivers a bit and how they will manage at linebacker without Edwards (which is what Smith wanted).

Jags are tough defensively and if their receivers can stay healthy, they will be just as good as any team in the AFC. I worry about their QB situation.

Re: Which will be our record?

To be serious among the goofballs in this thread I say 11-5 ,This is a tough year with a tough schedule...I would not be surprised to see the top team or teams in the entire league have at best a 12-4 record.

If its only 1 team with a top record of 12-4,that 12-4 team IMO is the Chargers - although its a new coaching staff they still have the best overall players and most players have not left the team from last year,If Merrimen can hold off on the steroids and play 16 games they will be even tougher against the run than last year.

If the Patriots can stay healthy all year I see them as a possible #2 seed or at the worst a #3 seed behind the Ravens who I think may be a dominant team as well. - Of course if injuries occur to our team then as a wild card team may be the way to the playoffs.

My expected seeding are as follows.....

1) San Diego
2) Baltimore
3) New England
4) Cincinnati
5) Indianapolis
6) Houston (yes I said it,Houston as a sleeper!)

This would be impossible because in this scenario Indianapolis would have to be a division winner which would give them the #4 seed.

Re: What will be our record?

I am always boggled by threads like this. Especially with all the ragging on other teams that we Pats fans do and how we MOCK other fans for talking about the SB because of some free agent signings. Particularly when we say "When do you get your rings for the off-season SuperBowl?" or something of that nature.

Come on people. There is no way in frigging hell anyone can guess what the pats record is going to be for the 2007 season in March, before the draft and while free agency has really just started.

Starting a thread like this makes Pats fans look like the Redskin Fans and Miami Fans who have been mocked unceremoniously in previous years. Mocked by PATS FANS.

I disagree. In 2003 coming off a superbowl win and picking up Dillon. I was overly confident of a repeat. Judging by how close they were this season and by the enormous upgrades we've had, I don't see it is as unreasonable.

What will our record be?

Only answer that matters is -

(At least) One win better than all the other AFC teams!

It's just a number - what counts is that the number is higher than all the other numbers (of wins) for the other teams. I could care less if it was 14-2 or 11-5 as long as it gets us a first round bye (top 2 seeds) and hopefully home field advantage (top seed).

Cheers.

Re: What will be our record?

I am always boggled by threads like this. Especially with all the ragging on other teams that we Pats fans do and how we MOCK other fans for talking about the SB because of some free agent signings. Particularly when we say "When do you get your rings for the off-season SuperBowl?" or something of that nature.

Come on people. There is no way in frigging hell anyone can guess what the pats record is going to be for the 2007 season in March, before the draft and while free agency has really just started.

Starting a thread like this makes Pats fans look like the Redskin Fans and Miami Fans who have been mocked unceremoniously in previous years. Mocked by PATS FANS.

more people need to reread and consider this post

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Back