PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

What will Moss cost next year?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Whatever he and the Pats agree on. He won't go to the open market.

No way to know, it depends on him. The "going rate" is he wants to maximize his money will be out of our price range; what he'll take to stay with Brady, Belichick and the Patriots is another question and can't be answered at this time.

Moss will be reasonable/wont care. he said money is 0 issue for him now a days but Patriots will be fair and give him at least 3/4 mill

Do you think he will want a wheelbarrow full of money or more of a homer deal? I think a lot of teams will throw a lot of $$ at him and his agent will listen.

it doesn't matter as long as it's straight cash homey.

Do you think he will want a wheelbarrow full of money or more of a homer deal? I think a lot of teams will throw a lot of $$ at him and his agent will listen.

Doesn't matter if his agent gets offers. Randy wants "Tommy" throwing him balls.

Whatever it is it'll be a bargain.

The Pats FO has been very kind to players that we liked to keep in the past. Much more than we get credit for. People like Dillon and even Antwain Smith got sweet deals. Ty Law, Branch, Givens, you name it, we were willing to pay these players good money. The bottom line is that the players usually rule themselves out of the picture by getting greedy and going elsewhere for marginally more money. Not saying we gave every last player the best deal, but the majority got a good enough deal to stay if they wanted to. And the players that stuck around sort of understood what this team is really about: winning.

IMO, no chance in hell Moss walks away from this team. I think Moss really gets it, maybe for the first time in his life. He has a home with this team and this QB and this coach.

And I don't think the pats will let him walk either. They have never hesitated to give good players guarenteed contracts and/or good money to stick around. It just happens that the grass appears greener for many players for some reason.

We can not pick up option on K.Washington and save 5m. I hope he doesn't want more than 7-8m per year. We can handle that. But, I don't know about 10m+. I would also keep D.Stallworth. He's due for a nice raise. But, I think he's going to have a great 2nd half. TB might have some unkind words for front office if we don't keep Moss.

Good question.Since he has cleaned up his act and is associated with the Pats,Brady,etc,(and if they should have continued success :) )he might be able to command some serious endorsement money,something to consider ,such as playing for less than he could get elsewhere,but getting millions in ad money.

wow already.......so much can change between now and then but here goes.

Brady and Moss are the same age, we lock him up for 3 years guarantee w/a 4th years option, front loaded to take advantage of the recent wiggle room from thecap increase.

unfortunately the money isn't available to do the same for stallworth. We say enjoy your ring, thank you and bye bye. we take a deep breath and hope that chad jackson guy we been sitting on for two years will be an able replacement as the 2.

Last edited:
unfortunately the money isn't available to do the same for stallworth. We say enjoy your ring, thank you and bye bye. we take a deep breath and hope that chad jackson guy we been sitting on for two years will be an able replacement as the 2.

Moss and Stallworth are an ace and a king of the same suit ... showing.
Jackson is a come card.
He won't be much of a factor in the decision.

This really requires more than snap shots from the hip.
I venture to hope that they are both do-able ...
given a willingness to make a lot of money, yet still short of ALL the money.

Tommy Terrif himself might consider giving up something
(not just rolling it forward; actually taking less)
to cement his own football immortality.

lol, i dont know...

however, i do know we cant and wont keep both moss and stallworth...its clearly impossible, and i think moss will cost us less then stallworth...

as much as i hate to say it, especially after seeeing how stallworth plays for us...i think were gonna let him go thsi offseason, and instead let chad jackson take his spot...

even though stallworth and jackson are better compliments, we just cant let moss get away...

Moss will be reasonable/wont care. he said money is 0 issue for him now a days but Patriots will be fair and give him at least 3/4 mill
That's fair? We offered Givens more than that.

And Givens said, "Thanks but no thanks."

Not less than $8 mil to keep him here.

lol, i dont know...

however, i do know we cant and wont keep both moss and stallworth...its clearly impossible, ...
why is that? it isn't clear to me.

lol, i dont know...

however, i do know we cant and wont keep both moss and stallworth...its clearly impossible, and i think moss will cost us less then stallworth...

as much as i hate to say it, especially after seeeing how stallworth plays for us...i think were gonna let him go thsi offseason, and instead let chad jackson take his spot...

even though stallworth and jackson are better compliments, we just cant let moss get away...

moss
stallworth
samuel

you can keep 2 not all 3 barring a miracle

I bet Moss would sign a 3 year/$25 million deal with $16 million guaranteed. He would make a ton of money in endorsements with a cleaned up image which the Pats can provide. He would be a walking goldmine for advertisers, and guarantee himself entry to the HOF.

Really, there is or will be more than enough money to go around to retain both Stallworth and Moss if they are reasonable. Donte may have to rework his deal a little, Moss can have at least Washington's $5.7M and they can squeeze out a few million more by doing a simple restructure (no givebacks) on Tommy's deal (which could also be ripe for a 4 year extension that takes him through retirement and would exponentially lower his 2008 cap) and by extending Colvin who has a high cap # and is a UFA in 2009. There are also several other players whose deals lend themselves to restructure if they need to free up some 2008 cap. They are also rolling forward a nice chunk of cap unless they use it on extensions this year.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes