PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

What will it take to get Welker into HOF?

Status
Not open for further replies.

rookBoston

In the Starting Line-Up
Reaction score
Belichick and Brady and Moss are consistently referred to as first ballot HOFers.

I dont think Welker, at this point, will get much consideration... or maybe I've misread national perceptions of him. Regardless, he's been one of the most prolific receivers of the past few years and the cornerstone of our offense. But I dont think he gets the love outside of Foxboro.

What will it take to put Welker into that elite echelon of players that gets the media accolades that will push him into Canton? Does he need a Superbowl ring? Will that be enough? He's a lunchpail kind of player. Does he need to break records? Or... do you think he's already on the cusp of HOF consideration?

500 more receptions and a ring will make him a 1st ballot HOFer.

Only one chance – an evil scientist unleashes a virus that specifically targets, attacks and kills elite level NFL wide receivers.

Belichick and Brady and Moss are consistently referred to as first ballot HOFers.

I dont think Welker, at this point, will get much consideration... or maybe I've misread national perceptions of him. Regardless, he's been one of the most prolific receivers of the past few years and the cornerstone of our offense. But I dont think he gets the love outside of Foxboro.

What will it take to put Welker into that elite echelon of players that gets the media accolades that will push him into Canton? Does he need a Superbowl ring? Will that be enough? He's a lunchpail kind of player. Does he need to break records? Or... do you think he's already on the cusp of HOF consideration?

Longevity and health.

500 more receptions and a ring will make him a 1st ballot HOFer.

If his average production with Brady over the past few seasons remains on track, he will get those catches before he hangs em up. And I like to think the Pats will get a ring or two with him on the team as well. :D

According to the NFL website, an adult ticket costs $16. So it will take $16.

Sorry, I love Welker, but he is a long, long, long shot for the HOF.

Which hall?

The one at Patriots place? He is already in.

The one in Canton? A ring. A ring that has SBMVP on the side would help even more. Couple of more pro-bowl trips. Just keep catching passes and moving the chain.

Only one chance – an evil scientist unleashes a virus that specifically targets, attacks and kills elite level NFL wide receivers.

Dr Belichick's Stuxnet Worm worked against Iran's nuclear program....simple matter to adapt it to the NFL:yeahthat:

At leat 5 more years of productivity similar to the last 4 years.

Where are you looking?

Admission Rates

Shows it at $20 not $16.

But next question...do you think Danny Woodhead could sneak in at the $14 rate?

lol this .

What will it take? How about another career.

There's a difference between fan favorite and HOF. He's not even close to HOF.

Right now Troy Brown is more deserving of the NFL HOF than Welker.

Welker's career right now is kind of like Herman Moore's when he had a few amazing seasons with the Lions.

Beat me to it

Agreed.

We love guys like Tedy Bruschi and Troy Brown but neither will make it into Canton.

Miami was three years at a much lower level -- he was more a returner than a receiver. That robbed him of a significant portion of his career.

If you project another 4 years at the level of his Patriots years, he gets near the top of the leaderboards but still not high enough (he'd be in Irving Fryar territory for example). And his TDs are a killer... only 1 TD before the Patriots, 22 since then. So he will be way back on the TD lists.

So I'd say *six* more seasons at this level. Very unlikely.

Wes Welker NFL & AFL Football Statistics - Pro-Football-Reference.com

NFL Career Receptions Leaders - Pro-Football-Reference.com
NFL Career Receiving Yards Leaders - Pro-Football-Reference.com
NFL Career Receiving Touchdowns Leaders - Pro-Football-Reference.com

While that's true, he could get a Hall Pass for the same price and get into the Rock and Roll hall too.

Or he could have 20, 100 catch seasons and five SBs.

first of all. I think he needs to get over 100 catches and 1000 yards this year.
THen X 4 or 5 years more

a ring or two would nice nice

But I agree with most here. Its a stretch to say the least.

first of all. I think he needs to get over 100 catches and 1000 yards this year.
THen X 4 or 5 years more

a ring or two would nice nice

But I agree with most here. Its a stretch to say the least.
It's terrible to be a game changing receiver that makes opponents scheme against him whilst consistently producing performances of a high quality more weeks than not.

By the end of his career, I'll be interested to compare Wes Welker's numbers against the HoF receivers.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes