Welcome to PatsFans.com

What will history say?

Discussion in 'Political Discussion' started by Patters, Feb 28, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Patters

Patters Moderator Staff Member PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +142 / 1 / -4

I think when history records the major political accomplishments of the United States in the last 80 years, they will point to the Democratic issues: the New Deal, Civil Rights, Women's Rights, and environmental protection. The short list might include Social Security and the space program. Those are all Democratic accomplishments.

What are the five or so biggest Republican accomplishments over the last 80 years? Reagan's role in helping to end the Cold War is the only one I can think of.
  2. All_Around_Brown

All_Around_Brown Rookie

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0

The list must include the internet-information age, ushered in in the 1990s with bipartisan support.
  3. BlueTalon

BlueTalon Rookie

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

If you want history to say anything good about Social Security, it had better already be written. It's in the process of falling apart, and for some reason you just can't see it.

American accomplishments: winning WWII, putting a man on the moon (first), winning the cold war.
  4. BelichickFan

BelichickFan B.O. = Fugazi PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +251 / 8 / -9

#24 Jersey

I'm not in favor of any of those so-called Democrat accomplishments. Just because a bunch of politically correct media types and snotty history professors say something doesn't make it true.

And before anyone throws a fit, I'm for equal rights for women and all minorities, I'm just against laws insisting on it.
  5. Patters

Ratings:
    +142 / 1 / -4

So you prefered the Great Depression to the solution? Oppose the space program? Okay.

Now, you're for women's rights and civil rights, but are against the laws that made that happen? What's the alternative?

Lastly, why aren't the righties listing the Republican political achievements that helped shape our nation?
  6. Harry Boy

Harry Boy Look Up, It's Amazing PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +297 / 1 / -9

Where were these "hero democrats" that insisted on womens rights when Billy Clinton was running amok dragging a slew of humiliated, violated, degraded women behind him, where were they when this wretched "trailer park white trash" had Kathleen Wileys CAT KILLED. Why do the CHAMPIONS of Womens Rights still gush and fawn whenever this "Pig Man" bites his lip and looks "cute" for the Camera's.
    Again "Liberal Phonyism".

Can you Imagine what the NY Times and Maureen Dowd would do to GW Bush if it were rumored that he had a womens Cat killed to shut her up.

The Oscars are being held next Sunday, the powers to be that handle such things for the "Looney Liberal Rats" that dwell and work in that Cesspool have given the OK for the "Rap Crap" people to say "B!tches & Hoes" in their so called musical renditions. WHERE ARE THE WOMENS RIGHTS PEOPLE ON THIS ONE?

Do any of you consider your wife or your daughter a "Hoe" or a "B!tch"?
  7. Patters

Ratings:
    +142 / 1 / -4

Clinton was a philanderer, but I really don't believe he raped anyone or killed anyone's cat. You're believing the conspiracy-nut stories, Harry. At any rate, the support for Clinton was about his policies. Just as you support Bush for his policies, not his his alcoholism, cocaine addiction, cowardice in not going to Vietnam, etc., we support Clinton for his policies, not his sex life.

Actually, Harry, women's rights groups and other liberal groups have spoken out strongly against sexist and homophobic lyrics. Have right-wing groups done the same?

Here are a few randomly chosen examples of liberals speaking out:
    http://www.tolerance.org/news/article_tol.jsp?id=1141
    http://www.mtv.com/movies/news/articles/1521518/story.jhtml
    http://www.cwfa.org/articles/5694/BLI/dotcommentary/index.htm
    http://www.fradical.com/Spittin_acid_at_the_sistas.htm
  8. BelichickFan

Ratings:
    +251 / 8 / -9

#24 Jersey

Letting people do the right thing. If I own a business and want to hire all whites, all blacks, all gays, all mormons, all women, all whatever that should be my right. Now, it'll probably hurt me as I'm limiting my pool of potential good emplyoyees but I should be able to hire who I want.
  9. Patters

Ratings:
    +142 / 1 / -4

My god, your views are stranger than Harry Boy's. First of all, what your describing is exactly what existed, and created a climate that tolerated slavery and lynching, and led the majority exploiting blacks at every turn. Your proposal is racist in that you are saying that you should be allowed to judge people based on the color of their skin (not to mention religion and sex). Your proposal plays right into the hands of those with power, white men. Imagine being a black person in a largely white, prejudiced area. I suppose you wouldn't hire them for fear of turning away other whites. That's racism.

Add to that your bizarre views on abortion, where you call you say you're not very religious, yet reject the scientific view of abortion. You, BelichickFan, seem to have a god complex. My guess is you're rather young and not very worldly.
  10. BelichickFan

Ratings:
    +251 / 8 / -9

#24 Jersey

I'll be 39 in a week, moved out of my parents' house after high school, have been married for 11 years and have two kids . . . I haven't travelled the world but I'm worldly enough. I just don't like legalized murder or having the government tell me what I can do, that's all.
  11. Harry Boy

Ratings:
    +297 / 1 / -9

Patters,
    You don't believe Clinton raped anyone or killed a cat because you don't want to believe it.

You wouldn't believe "Monica" either if it was not for Linda Tripp telling Monica "Don't Clean That Dress".

Even Sweet Hillary and Chelsea wouldn't believe it if it was not for Linda Tripp telling Monica "Don't Clean That Dress".

The silence from the "FEMINISTS" was deafining, they ran and hid.
  12. DarrylS

DarrylS PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +151 / 3 / -19

Good post, interesting responses although I have yet to see any list of Republican Accomplishments.

What I see are the same old Dem bashing, nothing constructive, throw Bill Clinton's sex life around or something that Hillary supposedly said. Just a lot of dittohead regurgitation.
  13. BlueTalon

BlueTalon Rookie

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

It's very interesting how you spin this into a white discrimination thing. What about a gay-owned business that prefers to hire gays? Would you have any heartburn with that? Or would you insist that the employees of that company reflect the demographics of society in general?

And what the f*** is "the scientific view of abortion"?
  14. BlueTalon

BlueTalon Rookie

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

Although Patters posted civil rights as a Democrat accomplishment, it must be noted that the big advancements in civil rights in the '60s took place with Republican help and in spite of Democrat opposition, so you can list that as a Republican accomplishment. The Cold War was won by Republicans. And when history is written, the democratization of Iraq and Afghanistan will be Republican accomplishments.
  15. All_Around_Brown

All_Around_Brown Rookie

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0

BS...the cold war was won with bipartisan effort: by the USSRs very expensive occupation of Afghanistan, the Pope, Gorbachevs conciliation, and a collective bleeding of their economy and exposure to western liberalism.

Its a myth that Reagan won the cold war. George Soros had as much to do with it as that senile brain dead old fart.

Also, the dixicrats that opposed civil rights are now republicans. Why else do you think the GOP locks up the bible belt states each election cycle?
  16. PatsFanInEaglesLand

PatsFanInEaglesLand Rookie

Ratings:
    +77 / 5 / -7

#37 Jersey

Boy talk about revisionist history, I guess the internet has been good for some and a brain corroding blip screen for others.
  17. BlueTalon

BlueTalon Rookie

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

Are you high on crack? Democrats are the ones with the KKK guy in the Senate. Look, you can read all the revisionist history you want, and spin it all you want.

Democrats opposed civil rights advances, Republicans supported them, at the time when it counted the most.

Reagan, with the Republicans, were the ones who supported putting medium range missiles in Europe and supported research into a missile defense system, over the screaming and feet-dragging opposition of Democrats. SDI was the single thing that pushed the Soviet Union into understanding it couldn't compete with us without spending itself into oblivion, and that didn't happen with any Democrat help.

Even today, Democrats are on the wrong side of civil rights with regard to racial equality. Rev. King's dream that one day people would not be judged by the color of their skin but by the content of their character is lost on Democrats who insist on the quotas and differing standards in affirmative action.
  18. Patters

Ratings:
    +142 / 1 / -4

So, you support discrimination? I oppose it. As far as gays go, bad choice. Gays are legally discriminated against in many parts of the country, so they have no choice but to give preference to their own kind. That said, I'm sure a Marine would have no problem getting a job! :)

No one should be allowed to exclude someone from a job simply because they are white men anymore than because they are black transgendered people. At the small business level, I think people tend to hire those they know or have some relationship to. Nothing wrong with that, but if small business posts "no black or gays need apply," I'm against that. BelichickFan is for that, and you seem to be backing him.

In a nutshell, like doesn't begin at conception and by most measures the fetus is not a human until well into the pregnancy.
  19. PatsFanInEaglesLand

PatsFanInEaglesLand Rookie

Ratings:
    +77 / 5 / -7

#37 Jersey

Whites have no choice but to be white
    Blacks have no choice but to be blacks
    Men have no choice but to be men(w/o surgery)
    Women have no choice but to be women

If I choose to rob a bank, yeah it is my choice, but I must live with the consequences.

You have rights to make choices, but that doesn't mean your choices have rights!
  20. Harry Boy

Ratings:
    +297 / 1 / -9

We the people chose G Bush to be the President, this choice turned Al Gore into a raving lunatic. :rocker:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.