PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

What will Belichick take away from the Giants?

Status
Not open for further replies.

C'est La Vie

Banned
Reaction score
It is a pretty well accepted fact BB generally likes to "take away" some facet of an opponents game. What will be his strategy on Sunday? Will he shut down the Giants run game, and force Eli to beat them with his arm? Will he take Plax out of the game completely, forcing Eli to go to the likes of Toomer, Boss, and Smith? Will he max protect on Brady, eliminating the Giant rush from the equation? WWYD if you were BB?

Re: What will Belicheck take away from the Giants?

It is a pretty well accepted fact BB generally likes to "take away" some facet of an opponents game. What will be his strategy on Sunday? Will he shut down the Giants run game, and force Eli to beat them with his arm? Will he take Plax out of the game completely, forcing Eli to go to the likes of Toomer, Boss, and Smith? Will he max protect on Brady, eliminating the Giant rush from the equation? WWYD if you were BB?

take away the deep ball.....

In my opinion with out that bomp to Burress to start the game they don't even compete.

Re: What will Belicheck take away from the Giants?

Whups, sorry for that. Thanks.

Looks like many agree BB will concentrate on Plax. Do you think that they can? If that happens, do you think the run D can at least keep Bradshaw and Jacobs in check? IMO, if NYG is to have a shot, TOOMER has to be ready to step up and make some plays. If he gets a case of the dropsies, that could be a real killer.

I think Plax will also be difficult task to shut down. He's pretty versatile and physical. Should be interesting to see the NE D versus the Giant O.

When I saw the title my first thought was their souls.

Yeah great minds think alike. When I saw the title I was looking to chime in with...

"Their chance at a Superbowl ring."

Last edited:
He will take everything away from them. Right now the Giants are preparring for what Belichick will take away. Belichick knows this so he's already on to their 2nd, 3rd, 4th and 5th options. I bet Belichick is preparred for what their last player on the roster can do.

Their hopes and dreams?
First born children?
Will to live?

I think early in the game, he takes away the run. One of the advantages we have with this offense is that we do not have to worry about letting up an early big play or score.
As the game progresses and we are ahead, he will focus on limiting the passing game by rolling coverage to Plaxico, and disrupting the rhythm.

I think the offense we have makes defensive gameplanning a lot easier. Typically BBs philosophy is to limit the big play at all cost. This makes it more difficult to totally shut down an offense. I think that at least for stretches, he can be more aggressive and take away the routine plays that add up to drives, and putting the pressure on his dbs to stop the big play. We can play from behind, we have been very succesful on the few occassions we have had to.

The more I think about, it think you may see one of the most aggressive defensive gameplans you have seen from BB. Stifle the run, to put them in passing situations and harrass Ellie into mistakes.

I expect that we score on defense, and set up another with a turnover that starts us inside their 30.

I fully expect a blowout in this game. I am thinking right now something like 48-13.

First offensive series for the Giants:
First down: Run.
Second down: Run.
Third down: Throw under pressure. Three and out.

I think it would take collosal balls for them to throw much until they get the jitters out of their systems. So the Pats will need to shut down the run for a couple of series.

With the Pats you cannot discount going deep at any time, even the first play of the game.

I would say he's preparing for this game like he did for San Diego and Jacksonville where he took away the 2 pronged running attack each team had. Force their QB to beat them. However, it should be interesting to see how he handles Plax one on one against Hobbs.

He'll take from them everything, and give them nothing.

I disagree. The first play will be a pass down the field. The way to beat the Patriots is to be aggressive. The short passing game doesn't work against them. The Patriots are too patient. There wear you down.

I'll go with: Hearts

I think early in the game, he takes away the run. One of the advantages we have with this offense is that we do not have to worry about letting up an early big play or score.
As the game progresses and we are ahead, he will focus on limiting the passing game by rolling coverage to Plaxico, and disrupting the rhythm.

I think the offense we have makes defensive gameplanning a lot easier. Typically BBs philosophy is to limit the big play at all cost. This makes it more difficult to totally shut down an offense. I think that at least for stretches, he can be more aggressive and take away the routine plays that add up to drives, and putting the pressure on his dbs to stop the big play. We can play from behind, we have been very succesful on the few occassions we have had to.

The more I think about, it think you may see one of the most aggressive defensive gameplans you have seen from BB. Stifle the run, to put them in passing situations and harrass Ellie into mistakes.

I expect that we score on defense, and set up another with a turnover that starts us inside their 30.

I fully expect a blowout in this game. I am thinking right now something like 48-13.

There is just no way BB will allow Eli to get comfortable on any level. I also see V Weezy having a monster day against the run. V Weezy is going want to poke his finger into Jacobs eye-hole one more time ;)

Yes...it is all of what you say - now look at things from the Giants perspective.

Everybody says the only way to beat the Patriots is to be aggressive and stay that way all game. Sort of like the Giants did when we first played them until they let up in the 4th quarter - or so they think.

The problem for the Giants is it won't work this time. They had better hope they succeed at their longshot gambles. If they don't, this one may be over very early.

Giants only chance is to have an incredible run of luck, by that I mean all their risk plays paying off on both sides of the ball, coupled with a simply rotten game from our guys.

Won;t happen - I think we win, going away - wire to wire baby!! 19-0.

"Give them NOTHING, but take from them EVERYTHING!!"

He will take away the passing game. He will make Eli's day a living nightmare.

Hey, my 1,000th post!

Last edited:
In the 2004 AFC championship game against the Steelers and a young Ben Roethlisberger at QB the Pats stacked the box on what were obvious running downs to get to 3rd and 4+ yards situations. The Pats then played a zone right at he first down marker keeping the safties deep. Alomost like a blue line trap in hockey. They forced Ben to throw deep, banking on the fact that in the biggest game of his career he would be a little shy about taking deep shots.

Obviously Burress is a better receiver now than he was then, but I think the principle holds up, force Eli to sack up and throw deep, knowing that Burress will be the target. Even if they give up a couple deep throws, the red zone D has been very stout and can make the Giants settle for field goals. It will also increase the chance for turnovers.

The offense is a great insurance policy - if the game becomes a shootout, you have to favor the Pats.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes