PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

What will BB do with Meriweather this Sunday???

Status
Not open for further replies.

DarrylS

PatsFans.com Supporter
PatsFans.com Supporter
2019 Weekly Picks Winner
Reaction score
Been thinking about BB and what he will do with Brandon this Sunday, he seemed really pissed at him last week..

Will he leave him home?
Will he start someone else in his spot? Page?
Will he sit him down initially and then insert him after the first series?
Will he just let him start?

As far as I know, Page and Sanders are dinged up. Even if they weren't, though, I don't see any other option besides "start him".

Probably agree.. can see both sides though.

Not sure if BB wants to make a statement here as there are so many young players, and Meriweather has been benched already for "freelancing"...

But not having Page or Sanders may limit his options...

Probably agree.. can see both sides though.

Not sure if BB wants to make a statement here as there are so many young players, and Meriweather has been benched already for "freelancing"...

But not having Page or Sanders may limit his options...

Getting benched for freelancing is one thing. Getting benched for mistiming a hit when there isn't a safety on the roster that is a better option is a whole 'nother issue.

I think he will start. BM is a really intense player and one of my favorite current Patriots.

BB already made his statement by sitting BM after the penalty, BM was fined, I'm sure he got a good lashing from BB about "hurting the team" he'll start, but he's on Bills radar

Last edited:
Give him a game ball for the Ravens game. It was his best game ever. I hope the Krafts give him a $50K bonus.

WRs will think twice about crossing the middle or doing slants against this team and the Ravens' WRs are in for a miserable black & blue season (...boohoo those poor picked on Ravens boohoo maybe Felger can protect them).

Last edited:
He'll play him. Meriweather had the right idea, but unfortunately bad aim.

He'll play him. Meriweather had the right idea, but unfortunately bad aim.

This.

BM deserved the penalty and the fine, but I personally don't think he meant to go helmet to helmet. Just my opinion.

No worries, either the kickoff unit or return team will start the game

Based on what we have seen with Belichick and his belief that no one player is bigger than the team, do not see him starting... after that what he will do is a crapshoot...

BB is about winning and IMO Meriweather, gives the pats the best shot to win so i say he starts

Based on what we have seen with Belichick and his belief that no one player is bigger than the team, do not see him starting... after that what he will do is a crapshoot...

I don't think that the Meriweather issue is about being bigger than the team, so I don't follow the logic here.

the NFL has punished meriweather, so as far as anyone should be concerned, the matter is over.

beyond that, the pats should play the guys who put them in the best position to win and not over who got a 15 yarder the week before.

he has likely already been cleansed for his 'mistake'

the NFL has punished meriweather, so as far as anyone should be concerned, the matter is over.

beyond that, the pats should play the guys who put them in the best position to win and not over who got a 15 yarder the week before.

he has likely already been cleansed for his 'mistake'

This. He already got a 15 yarder, BB benched him for a while, and now he's been fined. To top it off, 2 other safties are dinged up. Didn't we sign Ventrone back to the PS, presumably in case Merriweather got suspended? He's starting.

Been thinking about BB and what he will do with Brandon this Sunday, he seemed really pissed at him last week..

Will he leave him home?
Will he start someone else in his spot? Page?
Will he sit him down initially and then insert him after the first series?
Will he just let him start?

rodin20thinker.jpg

I think BB should make Meriweather a team captain for the way "he brings it" out there.

He'll start & play. Guy made a cheap shot, whatever his intent, but he didn't murder someone, fer crissakes. Consider all the hubbub this week about head shots--too much of it focusing on Meriweather--the last thing Belichick will want to do is keep the attention there.

The play happened, he got a fine, it's over.

Keep up the intensity Brandon...just aim a bit lower next time...:rocker:

I'll chip in that BM makes the start.

if he's still in BB's dog house, we'll have another Safety for the first play or two and then BM goes in for the game.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #5 and Thoughts About Dugger Signing
Matthew Slater Set For New Role With Patriots
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/10: News and Notes
Patriots Draft Rumors: Teams Facing ‘Historic’ Price For Club to Trade Down