PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

What we learned yesterday???

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sean Pa Patriot

Veteran Starter w/Big Long Term Deal
Reaction score
Well after a 1 day to sink in , what did we learn..

1 We know one thing is for sure, there will be no gimmie games on the schedule.. I was gulity of it, Im sure alot of fans were as well.. We were overconfident.. We wont be going down the schedule and saying that is a win, but I wont be saying that is a loss either.. 13 weeks to go , will have to take 1 day at a time

2 The O line is still in its super stuper --- For Matt Cassel to have some sucess , the o line needs to step up and so far this season has not.. It has not been the same, dont know if steven neal makes that much of a differnce, but Cassel is rushing his throws, and needs some steady play from the O Line

3 Matt Cassel is a young QB that needs some confidence. Which means somebody beside's Wes Welker needs to step up.. Hello Randy Moss.. But Cassel also needs to patient, which goes back to the o line , he also should not feel he needs to make ever play, he needs to take some chances, and not by throwing a duck like he did on his int.. The vertical game needs to return , to keep the defense honest..

4 No one played well on defense, so its not this person or that persons fault , group effort, they need to bury the ball and move on..

2 weeks for this digest, and that will be the hard part for the pats..

Well after a 1 day to sink in , what did we learn..

1 We know one thing is for sure, there will be no gimmie games on the schedule.. I was gulity of it, Im sure alot of fans were as well.. We were overconfident.. We wont be going down the schedule and saying that is a win, but I wont be saying that is a loss either.. 13 weeks to go , will have to take 1 day at a time

2 The O line is still in its super stuper --- For Matt Cassel to have some sucess , the o line needs to step up and so far this season has not.. It has not been the same, dont know if steven neal makes that much of a differnce, but Cassel is rushing his throws, and needs some steady play from the O Line

3 Matt Cassel is a young QB that needs some confidence. Which means somebody beside's Wes Welker needs to step up.. Hello Randy Moss.. But Cassel also needs to patient, which goes back to the o line , he also should not feel he needs to make ever play, he needs to take some chances, and not by throwing a duck like he did on his int.. The vertical game needs to return , to keep the defense honest..

4 No one played well on defense, so its not this person or that persons fault , group effort, they need to bury the ball and move on..

2 weeks for this digest, and that will be the hard part for the pats..
I agree with all your points. I don't know how the Pats can resolve
their offensive line problems with their current personnel. They don't
have a good blocking tight end like Daniel Graham to help a struggling
offensive line.
With regard to the defensive problems, part of the problem is being on
the field too long. The Pats don't have Tom Brady consuming large
amounts of time controlling the ball. Also, the defense doesn't have
enough competent bodies to rotate in and out.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes