PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

What we could do to land Vincent Jackson

Status
Not open for further replies.
Calvin Johnson and Andre Johnson are better.

Yeah but Fitzgerald is the only that we can get. The other are IMPOSSIBLE or will taje like 6 firsts or so lol .

I ll offer our first and Panthers 2nd and future 2nd or 3rd for Fitz

Yeah but Fitzgerald is the only that we can get. The other are IMPOSSIBLE or will taje like 6 firsts or so lol .

I ll offer our first and Panthers 2nd and future 2nd or 3rd for Fitz

We can't get fitz either. he's simply not available.

We can't get fitz either. he's simply not available.

Actually thats not entirely true. the situation in arizona is quickly deteriorating at the QB position with their 3rd quarterback, their defense is awful and it tooks like they are going to have a terrible year, this would be the perfect time for the cards to trade LF in terms of value, LF also has the final say in any trade he can only be traded to a team he approved of, i doubt he would disapprove of being traded to a team with an elite QB like tom.

LF would be the perfect fit here, he isnt a diva like most WRs are and he is a top-5 WR talent, i would easily give the patriots own first and additional draft picks for him, think of how unstoppable the patriots would be with larry fitzgerald, mesko would forget how to punt.

Kidnap A.J. Smith's family(if he even has one) and demand he trades Jackson to the Pats for our 2nd rounder in 2011. Other than that, I don't see it happening.

And I don't want Jackson either. A guy that has had multiple incidents in the NFL probably isn't bright enough not to get a 3rd one and be out for the year.

Actually thats not entirely true. the situation in arizona is quickly deteriorating at the QB position with their 3rd quarterback, their defense is awful and it tooks like they are going to have a terrible year, this would be the perfect time for the cards to trade LF in terms of value, LF also has the final say in any trade he can only be traded to a team he approved of, i doubt he would disapprove of being traded to a team with an elite QB like tom.

LF would be the perfect fit here, he isnt a diva like most WRs are and he is a top-5 WR talent, i would easily give the patriots own first and additional draft picks for him, think of how unstoppable the patriots would be with larry fitzgerald, mesko would forget how to punt.

Yes, its entirely true. Nobody trades a player who is the best in the league at his position, is signed for way below market value, still has 3 years left on his deal (10,11,12), and isn't complaining at all. It never happens because those sorts of players are worth too much. Talks would start at something like 3 first round picks and Price or Tate.

Hes simply not available in any reasonable sense.

Offering a #1 for Jackson makes no sense.

Offering a #1 for Jackson makes no sense.

On Talent alone, I'd have no issue, but yeah, between the big money, and the fact that he hasn't played all year, and the discipline issues, yeah.

Too many things going against him.

Usually Riddler and I are on the same page, but trading for VJ would be stupid.

This idea is all wrong on a million levels. No thanks.

Yes, its entirely true. Nobody trades a player who is the best in the league at his position, is signed for way below market value, still has 3 years left on his deal (10,11,12), and isn't complaining at all. It never happens because those sorts of players are worth too much. Talks would start at something like 3 first round picks and Price or Tate.

Hes simply not available in any reasonable sense.

Fitzgerald can opt out of his contract after 2011 (especially if Hall is still the QB) here's a link to the PFT article:
Larry Fitzgerald's future could be tied to Max Hall | ProFootballTalk.com
I don't know the exact terms, but apparenlty he can't be franchised or traded

Fitzgerald can opt out of his contract after 2011 (especially if Hall is still the QB) here's a link to the PFT article:
Larry Fitzgerald's future could be tied to Max Hall | ProFootballTalk.com
I don't know the exact terms, but apparenlty he can't be franchised or traded

he can be traded, but he has to approve of the trade first, its a very player friendly contract which allows him to opt out after 2 years. the patriots might be able to work something out by the trade deadline if the cards keep playing like crap. pray for max hall to get pounded by the saints.

I don't want to see Vincent Jackson on this team. That would be like trading Moss for TO. No thanks.

This team can (and will) do better.

he can be traded, but he has to approve of the trade first, its a very player friendly contract which allows him to opt out after 2 years. the patriots might be able to work something out by the trade deadline if the cards keep playing like crap. pray for max hall to get pounded by the saints.

Could you imagine Brady and Fitzgerald (two gym rats) together? It would be a very scary thing for the league. I wonder what it would take to get Arizona to bite on this? A #1 at the very least I would think.

OK, Arizona, here goes: You get the Pats 2011 1st rd pick, plus the Pats 2011 4th rd pick.

The Pats get Fitgerald and the Cardinals 6th rd pick.

would you, and/or would they make the trade???

Last edited:
Could you imagine Brady and Fitzgerald (two gym rats) together? It would be a very scary thing for the league. I wonder what it would take to get Arizona to bite on this? A #1 at the very least I would think.

OK, Arizona, here goes: You get the Pats 2011 1st rd pick, plus the Pats 2011 4th rd pick.

The Pats get Fitgerald and the Cardinals 6th rd pick.

would you, and/or would they make the trade???

I would, they would not. That might be fair value for Fitz but for a team to give up its franchise player they need to be blown away with an offer.

I'd give them our 1st and our 2nd in 2011.

Come on honestly, why would we trade Moss for a 3rd, then trade our 1st for VJ?? Moss is clearly a better receiver, he's 95 overall on madden 11 and VJ is only a 90 overall.

Use your head people! Now the guys who said we're going to get Larry Fitzgerald is on right track......he's a 97

I don't want to see Vincent Jackson on this team. That would be like trading Moss for TO. No thanks.

This team can (and will) do better.

Vincent Jackson's only issue is he drives drunk. TO is a lockerroom cancer. The only real issue with VJack is the risk of him getting suspended (and the picks and money).

TO you risk him blowing up the entire team.

Hall is a good qb in arizona reminds me of Romo, he'll surprise.

No he's not. Hall is the classic example of the local AZ kid getting overhyped and overrated by the rampant homerism in Phoenix.

And there's no way Fitz gets traded, none whatsoever. Fitz is by far the most popular player in Arizona since Larry Centers, if he's traded the team loses all of the fans its picked up recently and guarantees that it goes back to being the NFL's embarrassment.

Come on honestly, why would we trade Moss for a 3rd, then trade our 1st for VJ?? Moss is clearly a better receiver, he's 95 overall on madden 11 and VJ is only a 90 overall.

Use your head people! Now the guys who said we're going to get Larry Fitzgerald is on right track......he's a 97

I'm trying to work out whether you're being serious or not.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
Back