Welcome to PatsFans.com

What we can infer has happened in the scandal SO FAR (Wed night)

Discussion in 'PatsFans.com - Patriots Fan Forum' started by Fencer, Sep 13, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Fencer

Fencer Veteran Starter w/Big Long Term Deal

Ratings:
    +234 / 4 / -18

#12 Jersey

1. BB talked with Goodell. This information was part of BB's official statement.
    2. BB also made an apology. This strongly suggests BB knows there will be penalties.
    3. Kraft's statement also suggests he expects penalties.

Based on BB's short statement, it seems BB explained why he thought he was innocent of all wrongdoing. As per my reasoning above, it seems very likely Goodell made it clear he wasn't buying it.

Just about everything beyond that bare skeleton is, I think, unfounded speculation and/or wishful thinking.

2. mgteich

mgteich PatsFans.com Veteran PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +513 / 37 / -7

The content of our posts is often unfounded speculation.

3. DGameguy

DGameguy Third String But Playing on Special Teams

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0

haha true. same can be said about certain herald writers who dont visit training camp :rolleyes:

4. JJDChE

JJDChE 2nd Team Getting Their First Start

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0

Updated...

1. A Patriots scout had his camera confiscated during the game Sunday. What is on the camera is pure speculation.
    2. BB talked with Goodell. This information was part of BB's official statement.
    3. BB also made an apology. This strongly suggests BB knows there will be penalties.
    4. Kraft's statement also suggests he expects penalties.

Last edited: Sep 13, 2007
  5. Bobs My Uncle

Bobs My Uncle PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +126 / 10 / -3

#12 Jersey

Updated...

1. A Patriots scout had his camera confiscated during the game Sunday. What is on the camera is pure speculation.
    2. BB talked with Goodell. This information was part of BB's official statement but behind closed doors BB said to Godell that "his policy on this subject matter has holes in it the size of my hoodie"
    3. BB also made an apology. This strongly suggests BB did so in order that Godell will continue to allow him to wear said hoodie this year.
    4. Kraft's statement also suggests he expects BB will continue to be able to wear his hoodie on the sidelines but only if no camera is hidden in it. But behind closed doors Kraft said to Godell "my legal guys told me that this is an easy victory for me if we challenge. My strong advice to you son is not to p i s s off the New England Patriots"

6. PatsWorldChamps

PatsWorldChamps Rotational Player and Threatening Starter's Job

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0

1. BB explained his interpretation of the rules to Goodell.

2. BB apologized for the hassle and distraction this has caused, not for any wrongdoing. This does not suggest anything at all. Havent you learned yet?

3. Krafts statement suggests nothing at all... are you reading something different?

7. Patriotic Fervor

Patriotic Fervor Rotational Player and Threatening Starter's Job

Ratings:
    +3 / 0 / -0

This is the one most likely to reflect the reality of the current situation.

I think the reason it's taking as long as it is, is because the league is trying to get something accomplished that Bob Kraft will find "acceptable". If Goodell goes off half-c0cked, without regard for what Kraft might think, things could go south for a lot of people very quickly.

They're trying to avoid that, methinks.

8. Fencer

Fencer Veteran Starter w/Big Long Term Deal

Ratings:
    +234 / 4 / -18

#12 Jersey

The league often hassles BB and the Pats, causing distraction. BB has never apologized before, that I recall, for being the target of same.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.