PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

What Was Your Feeling When the SD Game was Over ?

THE HUB FOR PATRIOTS FANS SINCE 2000

MORE PINNED POSTS:
Replies:
Very sad news: RIP Joker
Replies:
OT: Bad news - "it" is back...
Replies:
2023/2024 Patriots Roster Transaction Thread
Replies:
Asking for your support

What Feeling Did You Have as We Were Super Bowl Bound ?

• Euphoria

Votes: 16 16.2%
  • Relief

Votes: 32 32.3%
  • Both of the Above

Votes: 51 51.5%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
---------------------

You want excuses? Let me recap those 2 games:

December 06 game: Chargers leading by 11 points into the last 6 min. of the 4th Q; McCree just needed to swat the ball and game over; and who's coaching again? Yes, that's right.

September 07: Same players new coaches.

Translation: SD has lost the last three games to the Patriots. Two in the playoffs, and one by blow out in the regular season. That's, if I'm reading your post properly.

There are certain games that you feel confident about before the game. Then are some games where you confidence grows as the game progresses. Then there are those that drive you nuts at the end.

I was very confident about the Steelers game despite the fact that everyone was saying that they would be the biggest threat. Same with the Jaguars. I was not at all concerned during the Raven game. I just knew we would win. I never felt so confident in my life.

But during the Charger's game I was nervous at the beginning but by the beginning of the 4th quarter, I was shivering. I had to go soak in the hot tub after the game to feel normal again. I didn't bother watching the NFCCG. It felt very anti-climactic.

Like the other posters said, I feel that we already have won the SB (at least in my mind). It's just that I don't want to be proven wrong.

I can't wait for the season to end. I know I'm supposed to enjoy the ride. I get more enjoyment reminiscing about it than actually watching it happen this way. Of course, if the games were a blow-out, hell yeah, I would be enjoying them a lot more. I feel that we have the rest of our lives to enjoy this season. I just can't wait for the season to end, as pathetic as it sounds.

Last edited:
This has been a really weird season for me. The first half of the season I was so amped for every game, the Pats dominated, and life was good. Starting with the Pittsburgh game, the TB TD watch started and even though I was confident the Pats would win every game they were in, I was more concerned with Brady throwing TDs and surpasses those @$$e$ Manning and Marino (I respect both guys, but by TFB man-love forces me to hate those 2). Then game 14 was important, the Colts had gone 13-0 a couple years ago and I really wanted to go 14-0. Game 15 was a breeze and I totally felt the weight of 16. Relief is what I felt after finally finishing the 16-0 season.

Now I've totally convinced myself that this season becomes a huge joke if we don't win the SB. It's a bad way to be, but I've felt just relief after every game in the playoffs. I guess it's like watching the clock in a close game, just wishing the for that one last first down and the victory formation play to end the game.

This will be a season I can enjoy in retrospect, I will rewatch all the games in the off season and sit back and enjoy.

Relief, no question. And it gets to something I said in another thread--while the perfect season, if it happens, will be something we'll always treasure, it has made the last few games of the journey more of a burden than I thought. In the past, a victory in the AFC Championship would have had me bouncing off the walls--because it's so EXPECTED now, the win produced more relief than joy. I think the players mostly felt the same, by the way.

The Super Bowl should be different, though, because it's finally the one that counts.

Only relief so far - the job isn't done.

Actually, to my dismay, I realized that was I how I was feeling after the 3rd Super Bowl. So for me the silver lining of the bitter playoff defeats the past two seasons is that the excitement is back.

I mean, after the first SB victory, I bought about 100 hats and T-shirts cuz I figured I would never have another chance to wear victory stuff. Then they won two more, and after the 3rd one my T-shirt draw was already so stuffed I only bought one or two shirts and hats. Just a reflection of the satiation of overwinning, I guess. Anyway, for me the hunger is back!
I think nowadays, it's a feeling of 'we can't lose to that team', vs. against the Rams in XXXVI, it was hope we could make it close before the game started. I watched all 16 of the Celtics titles and I wanted 16 just as much as 1. Never gets old.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
Back