PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

What was your favorite moment/game of the Patriots dynasty?

Status
Not open for further replies.
The goal line stop by Big Ted and Willie vs the Colts at the RCA Dome. It was especially sweet because I was there......:)

I agree that beating Miami (SQUISH THE FISH!!!) was my ALL-TIME favorite moment.

NEM said:
This one wasn't from the "dynasty" period, but I have to say that it will, forever, be my all time favorite moment.

It was January of 1986. The Pats had just beaten the Dolphins to qualify for their first ever Super Bowl, Super Bowl XX.

It had been 25 years of complete frustration till that moment.

I was sitting on the steps between my living room and the upstais bedrooms, when the game ended.

I will never forget the tears that were flowing down my eyes, and I do mean flowing....the tears of joy were just pouring out.

And I sat there, kind of mumbling to myself, "we're going to the Super Bowl, we're going to the Super Bowl"

My ex wife and my ex sister in law came over and hugged me to death.

It was a moment that I will never forget.

I remember midway through the 4th quarter of that game, the Pats were ahead....I couldnt take it... so I put on my jacket and hat, it was bitter cold, and walked and walked and walked...along empty roads as the entire city was inside watching the game somewhere.

I walked and walked and timed ot to get back to the house when the game would almost be over..... and the rest of the story you know.

OldEnglandPatriot said:
My favourite moment bar none was the team's entrance for Superbowl 36. The Rams doing the usual poncey 'name by name' intros, and then.... the PATRIOTS emerging from the tunnel as one jumping, shouting, pumped up MASS...

It was an awesome moment, a real statement, and it still sends shivers down my spine just thinking about it.

The first hit of the game was made right there.

Definitely my favorite SO FAR (but it will be hard to top). That's a huge moment in SB history b/c no team since has done the player introductions.

When I heard "choosing to be introduced as a TEAM" my heart raced and I thought to myself "We ARE going to win!"

NEM said:
This one wasn't from the "dynasty" period, but I have to say that it will, forever, be my all time favorite moment.

It was January of 1986. The Pats had just beaten the Dolphins to qualify for their first ever Super Bowl, Super Bowl XX.

I was sitting on the steps between my living room and the upstais bedrooms, when the game ended.

I will never forget the tears that were flowing down my eyes, and I do mean flowing....the tears of joy were just pouring out.

And I sat there, kind of mumbling to myself, "we're going to the Super Bowl, we're going to the Super Bowl"

I remember midway through the 4th quarter of that game, the Pats were ahead....I couldnt take it... so I put on my jacket and hat, it was bitter cold, and walked and walked and walked...along empty roads as the entire city was inside watching the game somewhere.

I walked and walked and timed ot to get back to the house when the game would almost be over..... and the rest of the story you know.

a good post NEM

NEM said:

Yes, I remember that moment too Nem, the thought of us going to the SB seemed ethereal.....and going through the Fish down there to make it happen made it incredibly sweet.

Really good post NEMster, thanks for sharing.....:)

Without any doubt, it was Adam's kick against the Raiders. Without that impossible kick, 2001 would have ended there, and I wonder if the team and fans would have galvenized behind Belichick the way it did in subsequent years.

Because BB was untouchable in the hearts of fans and in the public eye, he was able to institute his 3-4 scheme in 2003. To make it work, he had to get the entire team to buy into it, after being forced initially to abandon it.

The words "In BB we Trust" has evolved because, in general, we disagreed with a lot of the innovative and non-intuitive things he was doing as GM. Passing on David Terrell was the start, but trading up for Ty Warren?, trading down instead of drafting Larry Johnson?, releasing Lawyer Milloy?, trading Bledsoe to an AFCEast rival? (which doesn't seem so bad now but was hugely controversial at the time).

If Vinatieri hadn't made that almost unmakable kick, would BB have been given enough rope to do all those things, or would have have been run out of town by the media and public pressure as he had been in Cleveland? In the time since, BB had been proven right, over and over again. Winning in 2001 bought him the time in the minds of the fans and media to completely re-build his team in his own image.

Honestly, the glow of winning the SB after a dramatic 2001 season (with a very flawed team, on paper) was the thing that MADE THE DYNASTY POSSIBLE, in the first place.

Brady#12 said:
So what are they guys?

Patriots_Entering_Field.jpg

When they walked out of the tunnel as a team in Super Bowl XXXVI, I literally got goosebumps.

Beside Super Bow 36, it has to be a toss up of 2 games.. The Raiders Snow bowl game, and the Indy Playoff game in 2004... Snow game for being the obvious, The Indy game because of how Indy was so in charge and nothing was going to beat them, not the banged up Pats.. How wrong they were...

rabthepat said:
Adam kicking the game winner in Superbowl 36. I was on my knees in front of my TV. I had been a Pats fan for 23 years at that point and I had done alot of suffering over the years because of the Pats. I knew if we did not win it in regulation the Rams would take it in OT. They had all the momentum.

Before Adam kicked I yelled to my wife, "I can't take it anymore, if we don't win this I will never watch another Pats game. I can't take it anymore." I was dead serious about that too.

Adam makes the kick and I jump up off my knees and grab my wife and we hug and jump up and down for 10 minutes. Then I cried, 23 years of suffering over!!!

I get choked up just thinking about it.:rocker: :rocker:

What an awesome post -- right from the heart! :singing:

Last edited by a moderator:
So many. Tough to chose 1.
I'm really partial to the 20-3 win over Indy in the Div. round.
Dillon - 144 yards. After all the hype for Indy coming in, we shoved it right up their ass. I was jumping around the room like a madman. It's a good thing noone else was home. It was pretty intense.

Attachments

• 1105917018_7715-1.jpg
    1105917018_7715-1.jpg
    35.3 KB · Views: 86
Last edited by a moderator:
There were several but...

Troy Brown returning the blocked kick for a Td in Pittsburgh,Ty Law intercepting Warner after Vrabel blew by the offensive line,and Rodney Harrison picking off Rothlisberger in the Afc championship,running it in for a Td....priceless....

The Patriots being announced as a "TEAM" before SB 36. "First time eva" ;)

The thread makes the dynasty sound like history. I'm not giving up.

Favorite game or moment: second win in Pittsburgh -- holding the best O to 3 points and then following up by scoring 41 on the best D. Amazing!

There are so many and I feel blessed to have witnessed many of them in person. But I'd have to say it was Super Bowl 38 -- the first SB I've ever attended in person and perhaps the most competitive SB ever played. What an incredible experience to be there. My seats were 12 rows up from the field on the goal line, the end zone where the Pats scored two touchdowns and where Adam's winning kick went through. I can remember jumping up and down and just going crazy. Being there and also being at Super Bowl 39 plus all the playoff games preceding both was as much as any football fan could hope for in a two-year span.

There have been so many favorite moments, i.e. each of the Super Bowls, etc.

But a personal favorite of mine was the last game of the season in (I believe) 2005, against the Buffalo Bills. If you will recall, that season got off to a rocky start, with Lawyer Milloy being cut a few days before the start of the season, and consequently signed with the Bills. Bledsoe was just getting his start in Buffalo, making the pain of facing them almost double in intensity. The Patriots got flat-out spanked in that game, losing 31-0, with the highlight being Sam Adams' interception return for a TD. Tom Jackson made his famous "this team hates Belichick" quote shortly thereafter. A rough time for a Pats fan.

Fast forward to the last game of the season...the Patriots have demonstrated themselves to be one of the best defensive teams in the NFL, and are on a record-setting win streak. Finally they get a chance to play the team that knocked them off their keister at the start of the season.

The final score? 31-0, Patriots. The game was well out of reach around the 4th quarter, and the backups from both teams were in the game for garbage time. I think J.P. Losman (or whoever the backup QB was) was driving down into the red zone against the Pats' backup defense, with time running down. The last play of the game? Larry Izzo intercepts a pass in the end zone, keeping the score to 31-0.

The symmetry -- the way the season began 0-31, and ended 31-0 -- really reflected in my mind of how much that team overcame during that season. I remember standing there, with goosebumps, thinking, "we're going to win the whole damn thing."

Carolina was an excellent and tough SB opponent, but that was hell of a game.

I have a couple favorites. . .

. . .the snow game vs. Miami. Nothing cooler than to see the replays of the crowd throwing snow up in the air.

. . .the 2003 game vs. Indy on Thanksgiving weekend. Stopping Indy on 4th and goal.

. . .Tedy's first game back in 2005. Absolutely filled with emotion.

. . .2001 AFC championship game vs. the Steelers.

. . .of course, all the Super Bowls.

rabthepat said:
Adam kicking the game winner in Superbowl 36. I was on my knees in front of my TV. I had been a Pats fan for 23 years at that point and I had done alot of suffering over the years because of the Pats. I knew if we did not win it in regulation the Rams would take it in OT. They had all the momentum.

Before Adam kicked I yelled to my wife, "I can't take it anymore, if we don't win this I will never watch another Pats game. I can't take it anymore." I was dead serious about that too.

Adam makes the kick and I jump up off my knees and grab my wife and we hug and jump up and down for 10 minutes. Then I cried, 23 years of suffering over!!!

I get choked up just thinking about it.:rocker: :rocker:

more i read this post more i love it...amazing and beautiful.

i read it allready ten times minimum, rabthepat

you was able to transfer me emotion...

The Snow Fountains

McGinest waving his WHITE towels yelling "Cancel those reservations! Cancel all those reservations!"

Ricky Proehl's proclamation "Tonight a dynasty is born baby" at the begining of SB36

Every interception of Peyaton Manning and accompanying crybaby look of disgust complete with palms up hand gesture to refs as if it is their fault he F'd up again.

The dismantling of the Greatest Show on Turf

The destruction of Kordell Stewerts career as an NFL QB

The utter thorn in the side of Peyton Manning... the annointed one.

anyway i think that when AV made the FG against STL...

ALL OF US REACHED THE TOP !!!

finally we reached the Vince Lombardi / finally we were definitely the best / finally there were no 'if' no 'but' no 'could' no 'would no 'should'...

finally we were number 1

finally we were unable to sleep still excited

finally happy again like kids when Christmas is coming

finally taking note it was not a dream but it was true !!!

finally all players on the field - New England Patriots World Champions - finally confetti also for us after so many many years of sufference

finally finally finally !!!

GoWhalers said:
There have been so many favorite moments, i.e. each of the Super Bowls, etc.

But a personal favorite of mine was the last game of the season in (I believe) 2005, against the Buffalo Bills. If you will recall, that season got off to a rocky start, with Lawyer Milloy being cut a few days before the start of the season, and consequently signed with the Bills. Bledsoe was just getting his start in Buffalo, making the pain of facing them almost double in intensity. The Patriots got flat-out spanked in that game, losing 31-0, with the highlight being Sam Adams' interception return for a TD. Tom Jackson made his famous "this team hates Belichick" quote shortly thereafter. A rough time for a Pats fan.

Fast forward to the last game of the season...the Patriots have demonstrated themselves to be one of the best defensive teams in the NFL, and are on a record-setting win streak. Finally they get a chance to play the team that knocked them off their keister at the start of the season.

The final score? 31-0, Patriots. The game was well out of reach around the 4th quarter, and the backups from both teams were in the game for garbage time. I think J.P. Losman (or whoever the backup QB was) was driving down into the red zone against the Pats' backup defense, with time running down. The last play of the game? Larry Izzo intercepts a pass in the end zone, keeping the score to 31-0.

The symmetry -- the way the season began 0-31, and ended 31-0 -- really reflected in my mind of how much that team overcame during that season. I remember standing there, with goosebumps, thinking, "we're going to win the whole damn thing."

Carolina was an excellent and tough SB opponent, but that was hell of a game.
Dude I'm serious that game should have been 62-0!!! i MEAN WE HAD 28 points in the first half, I think we just kept it at thirty to give them the middle finger once Izzo got that INT.

Though that was 2003.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
Back