PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

What was your best source for info on the Pats this season?

THE HUB FOR PATRIOTS FANS SINCE 2000

MORE PINNED POSTS:
Replies:
Very sad news: RIP Joker
Replies:
OT: Bad news - "it" is back...
Replies:
2023/2024 Patriots Roster Transaction Thread
Replies:
Asking for your support

What was your best source for info on the Pats this past season?

• WEEI

Votes: 15 25.4%
  • 98.5 Sports Hub

Votes: 4 6.8%
  • Sirius

Votes: 2 3.4%
  • Comcast SportsNet

Votes: 3 5.1%
  • NESN

Votes: 5 8.5%
  • Patriots Football Weekly/Patriots.com

Votes: 13 22.0%
  • Boston Globe

Votes: 8 13.6%
  • Boston Herald

• ESPN

Votes: 22 37.3%
  • NFL Network

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
I got most of my Pats info from Twitter via Reiss, Rappaport, Schefter, etc. Then I would go to ESPN Boston and here for the details.

There should be a choice for PatsFans, because to be quite honest, this site is a great resource for up-to-date Pats info. and the NFL too.

PatsCast, of course ;)

Mea culpa, I knew I was going to leave something very worthwhile out!

To all those asking for a choice for this site: I considered adding PatsFans.com but I decided to leave it out only because a large percentage of what was discussed here originated from one of those other sources. Looks like I should have included it as a choice regardless.

For me I looked at it this way:

-Timeliness (first/quickest with info): Rapoport (Herald), Reiss (espnBoston), and Price (weei.com) in that order.

-Volume of information/columns: Reiss & Rodak (espnBoston); Price (weei.com); Rapoport (Herald).

-Quality of opinions/analysis: Bruschi (espnBoston); Jeff Howe (NESN.com); Greg Bedard (Globe); Tom Curran (CSNNE); Chris Price (WEEI). I would add Mary Paoletti at CSNNE because the columns she did write were great - but there were so few she doesn't qualify.

-Overall: 1st - espnBoston.com (not espn); 2nd - weei.com; 3rd - nesn.com

I would add that PFW was a great resource especially with training camp reports - but for whatever reason I didn't read/listen to them as often once the season started.

There are a lot of others that I consider very highly (specifically the people who comment here) but for this poll I'm just looking at paid professionals in the media.

Last edited:
WEEI? It's awful. I can't think of how many times I've driven to work waiting for them to talk football, and all I get to hear are ads or recordings of nonsense calls. Sure, on the rare occasion they actually talk football, it's interesting, but there's so much garbage on that station that it's hardly worth listening to. I myself buy the idea that we read three times as fast as we talk, and in 30 minutes I can read the Globe, the Herald, or on an online site (I like ESPN and CBS sports) and get at least as much info as 90 minutes of talk gives me. Personally, I like the Boston Herald best (with the Globe a close second) because they have stronger opinions than the Globe, and I enjoy reading that kind of stuff. I also like the Herald Rap a lot.

ProFootballTalk deserves a nod, too.

WEEI? It's awful. I can't think of how many times I've driven to work waiting for them to talk football, and all I get to hear are ads or recordings of nonsense calls. Sure, on the rare occasion they actually talk football, it's interesting, but there's so much garbage on that station that it's hardly worth listening to. I myself buy the idea that we read three times as fast as we talk, and in 30 minutes I can read the Globe, the Herald, or on an online site (I like ESPN and CBS sports) and get at least as much info as 90 minutes of talk gives me. Personally, I like the Boston Herald best (with the Globe a close second) because they have stronger opinions than the Globe, and I enjoy reading that kind of stuff. I also like the Herald Rap a lot.
I don't disagree. I suppose I could have or should have separated weei.com from weei radio, (or espnBoston from espn.com or espn television), but with a limited number of poll choices I consolidated them into one. Although the radio programming is often unlistenable, Price on the website (or the rare times he is on the radio) is very good in my opinion.

ProFootballTalk deserves a nod, too.
I thought about them but figured since this was specific to the Pats I'd limit it primarily to "local" media. Maybe after this thread runs its course I'll do another poll focusing on national media preferences.

Mike & Mike, I didn't like what they were saying and the changed later on but their early statements were never proven wrong.

If it is for the most insightful posts then it would be Patsfanken on this forum. Long may he continue

I agree w/ this 100%. When they actually do talk football it almost seems like the banter is all scripted and they just cue each other up for the sake of arguing and flip-flop or contradict themselves all the time just to hear themselves talk about football. Once-in-a-while a caller will actually have something decent to talk about, but they'll ignore it and try to pick something more to argue about. I have to completely tune them out and switch to NFL Sirius, which has been hard lately due to all the Ben Rothliesberger ball-washing.

One other source I think is great. This site. The articles and the links to articles and videos on other sites are often great. A lot of times I come here first to see what's new with the Pats. Not only that, I think there are a lot of quality posters here who offer the sort of indepth analysis and knowledge that's often lacking on the major sites.

Went with ESPN (Mike Reiss only) and WEEI. Rappaport was good too.

Without a doubt, this site is the best source in my opinion.

My eyes. I don't need any other blow hards opinion to validate what I see on the field.

Patsfans.com of course!

I usually would come here first. I was a long time "lurker" before I started posting. Other than here, I would get my information from NFL Network, ESPN, Patriots.com and my Boston.com app.

Being an out of towner, this site was my best source for everything Pats.:rocker:

Without a doubt this site and board. Living in exile in the land of the Jets and Giants as I do, whenever I think something's brewing with or for the Pats, I come here and, nine times out of ten, someone has already posted the best links. I try to do my bit by posting the occasional interesting article from the New York media.

Next best, Reiss, as always.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes