PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

What was your best source for info on the Pats this season?

THE HUB FOR PATRIOTS FANS SINCE 2000

MORE PINNED POSTS:
Replies:
Very sad news: RIP Joker
Replies:
OT: Bad news - "it" is back...
Replies:
2023/2024 Patriots Roster Transaction Thread
Replies:
Asking for your support

What was your best source for info on the Pats this past season?

• WEEI

Votes: 15 25.4%
  • 98.5 Sports Hub

Votes: 4 6.8%
  • Sirius

Votes: 2 3.4%
  • Comcast SportsNet

Votes: 3 5.1%
  • NESN

Votes: 5 8.5%
  • Patriots Football Weekly/Patriots.com

Votes: 13 22.0%
  • Boston Globe

Votes: 8 13.6%
  • Boston Herald

• ESPN

Votes: 22 37.3%
  • NFL Network

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

jmt57

Staff member
Reaction score
I was just curious to see what it was that the forum turned to for their 'best', or preferred source of information on the Patriots this past year. I'll leave the definition of best up to you.

For the purpose of the poll this includes all methods of delivery. So for example WEEI would include their radio station, WEEI.com, Chris Price's twitter, etc. Boston Globe would include all their sportswriters, both in print and at Boston.com; NESN would include TV, the website, tweets from Jeff Howe, etc.

WEEI
98.5 Sports Hub
Sirius
Comcast Sport Net
NESN
Patriots Football Weekly/Patriots.com
Boston Globe
Boston Herald
ESPN
NFL Network

Last edited:
Mike Reiss on ESPN Boston

ESPN and the Herald, more specifically Reiss and Rapoport

Honestly? This forum was my best source for Pats info. You guys are quick to post important news and info. Other than that, it is NFLN.

Here and ESPNBoston

in that order

I'll second this. I just can't click "ESPN" in the poll because it gives them credit too broadly; outside of Reiss/Bruschi, I avoid ESPN.

Rapoport — tremendous addition to the local football writing scene. Good sources, understands that there really is a fun side to football (amazing how many in the media miss this), likable persona, no discernible smugness. I also think he's well liked among media types; I see a lot of big names retweeting him lately. Tells me the media themselves see the value in his approach.

I'll add too that I like what I've seen of the Globe's mid-season replacement, Greg Bedard. Local guy, seems to know the game from an Xs and Os stand point, has some fan sensibility without being a homer, and can deliver critique without self-important snark. Also seems to actually enjoy the game.

And then of course there is PatsFans.com. I come here first, knowing that if there's Patriots news someone here has found it and posted it. (Many of us, I think, know how cool it feels to be the first to post some sort of news here; it's not easy!)

Even though I've only been a member since last spring, I've actually followed this board since 2003 (I tried joining once under the user name BobWindsor and had trouble activating. But I digress ...). I will say for any fan who likewise has followed and thought about joining and becoming active: Do it. Becoming engaged in football talk here can be educational. Sure you have to sift through a lot of garbage — those threads that get hijacked by two people who just. won't. let. it. go. — not to mention the Chicken Littles and those who have OD'd on Kool Aid. But putting your thoughts out there and getting feedback is a great way to learn. And if you phrase it thoughtfully, you can get answers to even the most basic of questions (I've followed football a long time and have an intuitive sense of things that is often accurate; but I didn't actually know what "3 (etc.) technique" meant until someone explained it here last spring.)

Where is patsfans.com. Seriously, this site is a godsend for guys like me who no longer live in New England and are starving for Patriots news.

The best source was JMT57

If it was worth reading JMT57 got it to the board.

You had a SB season, my man.

ESPN and the Herald, more specifically Reiss and Rappaport

Agreed. I picked the reporters, not the entities, though.

Jeff Howe at NESN is rippin' it up too. Giving Mike and Ian a run for their money.

PatsCast, of course ;)

I follow them 2 on twitter, and get everything I need!

But this place is fantastic aswell.

PatsFans.com and Reiss/Rappaport on Twitter are pretty much all you need.

Patsfans.com was the best source all year. Guys put stuff up as it happened and so many people have inside info or stats they gathered from some of the geek stat sites it was awesome. WEEI was second because it was the only place Belichick relaxed and talked football with DeOssie and Smerlas and didn't posture.

I cant believe you didnt have Patsfans.com as an option :confused:
As others have mentioned, if you don't live in New England, this forum is THE best source for info. The posters here do a great job of posting the latest news quickly. I get everything I need to know right here.

It's Mike Reiss of ESPN Boston, but I don't want to vote for ESPN in your poll!!

I consider him a separate entity.

Whoops - edit - I forgot Patsfans where I always look first in the morning!!

Last edited:
This site.

Period.

Wonder why it is not considered one of the options???

Last edited:
This forum.

Because usually, someone makes a thread with links when there's new information. There's no need for me to search anywhere else.

Right here.... need to edit that poll!!

Patsfans everything else pales in comparison. You get the news AND the commentary.

Also Reiss/Bruschi combo has been a must read this season. The insights Bruschi gave this year was very good.

Jets Insider - Covers the Pats like no other site! :D

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey