PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

What was the most impressive feat in the NFL in week 1?

THE HUB FOR PATRIOTS FANS SINCE 2000

MORE PINNED POSTS:
Replies:
Very sad news: RIP Joker
Replies:
OT: Bad news - "it" is back...
Replies:
2023/2024 Patriots Roster Transaction Thread
Replies:
Asking for your support

What feat was most impressive in Week 1?

• Tom Brady's 517 Yards Passing

Votes: 14 26.9%
  • Cam Newton's debut Passing over 400 yards

Votes: 18 34.6%
  • The Ravens blowout win by 28 points over the Steelers

Votes: 11 21.2%
  • The Bills blowout win by 34 points at Kansas City

Votes: 7 13.5%
  • Other (explain)

Votes: 2 3.8%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

PATRIOTSFANINPA

Pro Bowl Player
2019 Weekly Picks Winner
Reaction score
Which of the following was most impressive to you in week 1?

Now I would bet Tom wins by a landslide but let's take the rose colored glasses off for a minute

I didn't choose Tom despite the record because he is the best QB in the league and it's no big shock when he does stuff like this which can be any given week.....Chad Henne with 400 yards passing was a bigger surprise

I chose Cam Newton...watching the game film it looked like he has been in the league 10 years,he was remarkable against an Arizona D that is really not all that bad.

Last edited:
i said the bills i dont think KC is going to be that good this year but they have allways been a tough out at home

Other. Raiders 63 yard field goal. Ties a record with only 2 other people doing it. We see some one torch a not prepared defence with monster yards either passing, running or recieving every week. But a 60+ yard FG? Whats that? Once a decade? So, I pick 63 yard FG

Cam Newton for me. 400 plus yards on your debut is unbelievable to me. And he was pissed that they lost the game. That's a good sign that he's a team guy.

i voted other

ted ginn

not only punt and KO return for td, but he did it back to back.........AND if that wasn't amazing enough...he did it in less than 60 seconds between both haha

plus seabass's 63 yarder was kicked in denver

mile high....

Don't like Newton but gotta vote for him. Very very impressive for his first game of his career.

How do you rate team feats vs individual feats in the same poll? I just can't do it.

I voted the Bills, I guess because that was the most surprising thing to me. Everything else, while impressive, was not so surprising.

Great idea for a poll!

Brady suffers from the "tyranny of high expectations," so it's hard to give the nod to him.

Of the other choices, I'd give the "individual performance" award to Newton. 400 yards in his first NFL game. That's pretty remarkable.

I'd give the "team performance" award to the Ravens for smacking down the Steelers so decisively, but I will also point out that I have the Bills going "From Worst to Wildcard" this season and I'm sticking by that.

Last edited:
Definitely Newton... 400 yards? Couldn't believe it.

I'd have to say Cam Newton's debut, but mainly because he appeared to have Ryan Leaf 2.0 potential written all over him. The Arizona secondary is crap, but still that was a great performance.

I'd give a close 2nd to the Ravens ground game vs. Pittsburgh. Ray Rice and Ricky Williams tore them up, which is unheard of in their recent matchups. Add in 7 turnovers by the Steelers (vs. 0 by Baltimore) and Pittsburgh is lucky to only lose by 28.

Impressive in its ineptitude was Dallas' 4th quarter collapse in NY. Between the Romo fumble deep in Jets territory, allowing a guy to come in untouched up the gut for the blocked punt/TD and the pass right to Revis, I don't think Dallas could have tried harder to give a game away.

Regards,
Chris

I'd have to say Cam Newton's debut, but mainly because he appeared to have Ryan Leaf 2.0 potential written all over him. The Arizona secondary is crap, but still that was a great performance.

I'd give a close 2nd to the Ravens ground game vs. Pittsburgh. Ray Rice and Ricky Williams tore them up, which is unheard of in their recent matchups. Add in 7 turnovers by the Steelers (vs. 0 by Baltimore) and Pittsburgh is lucky to only lose by 28.

Impressive in its ineptitude was Dallas' 4th quarter collapse in NY. Between the Romo fumble deep in Jets territory, allowing a guy to come in untouched up the gut for the blocked punt/TD and the pass right to Revis, I don't think Dallas could have tried harder to give a game away.

Regards,
Chris

Yeah, they could. Rosencopter, anyone? :mad:

I expect the occasional absurdly good performance of Tom Brady every now and then but I never expect a rookie QB on his first ever game to throw a bunch of TDs and 400+ yards. It goes to Mr. Newton on this one.

With teams it takes 1 playing well and the other playing awful for there to be such a spread as in the Buf/KC or Bal/Pit games. Consider that Newton hasnt lost a game in 2 years....and that he only lost because of a ST return TD. I see good things from him, 400 yards isnt what it used to be(see Henne!)but it is the NFL. Hats off to Newton!:rocker:

Brady's game is believable, because we all know who he is. Newton? That was a shocker.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #5 and Thoughts About Dugger Signing
Matthew Slater Set For New Role With Patriots