PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

What was our longest run this year?

Status
Not open for further replies.

carolinatony

In the Starting Line-Up
Reaction score
Just watched Hightower go for 70 yds for the Cards.
Nice

Sammy Morris and his 55 yarder?

Sammy Morris and his 55 yarder?

Yup. And then Maroney had his famous 45 yard take-it-to-the-house-and-show-the-fans-that-you're-the-real-deal run.

It was a 55 yard from Morris

Last edited:
I always think about this when I watch other teams play. In the last few weeks we've seen Hightower, Felix Jones, Reggie Bush, Ray Rice, Shonn Greene and others rip off long TD runs. I feel like I can count the long Patriot runs from the last 5 years on one hand. Must be nice.

Who cares about Long Runs for christs sake.

I bet if we ran the ball 40 times a game, people would be pissing and moaning because Brady threw the ball 20 times and Moss had a sulk.

We aren't that type of team.

Deal with it.

I always think about this when I watch other teams play. In the last few weeks we've seen Hightower, Felix Jones, Reggie Bush, Ray Rice, Shonn Greene and others rip off long TD runs. I feel like I can count the long Patriot runs from the last 5 years on one hand. Must be nice.

That was my point. When you can remember all our Big runs for the last few years I think that tells us something we don't like.

I really hope we draft a RB somewhere in this draft.

Maroney 1 yard and shake n bake

Who cares about Long Runs for christs sake.

I bet if we ran the ball 40 times a game, people would be pissing and moaning because Brady threw the ball 20 times and Moss had a sulk.

We aren't that type of team.

Deal with it.

I think the point is that it is frustrating that we never seem to have truly explosive backs. Tony Romo threw the ball 550 times this year, Brady threw it 565. But how many big plays did Felix Jones make? Explosive players don't need the ball 40 times per game to make an impact. And it would be nice to have an impact back. That is all.

Enter the 4.3 speedster from clemson CJ Spiller, or Reggie Bush.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back