PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

What was Maroney yelling out to the fans after the TD run?

Status
Not open for further replies.

PATRIOTSFANINPA

Pro Bowl Player
2019 Weekly Picks Winner
Reaction score
First off,as an avid Maroney 'basher' I must give LoMo credit for a very good inspired performance in this game....HOWEVER my feelings have not changed at all regarding him being a bad dissapointment since the Titans were not only a team that plays poorly in horrific weather conditions like that but they were also badly depleted in just aout everywhere on defense and are simply far from a good team anymore,lets see him turn it on against Indy and N.O. to see if this is an abberation or something to change.

Anyway back to the original question.... Does anyone think they know what Maroney was yelling into the crowd behind the bench as seen by the cameras who focused on Maroney after the 45 yard TD run?

I am almost sure he was saying ...NOW BOO THAT!!....I think Maroney is taking the boos heard in the last game seriously to heart...Anyone think this is what he was yelling to the fans yesterday?

I think what he said was...

"M'AN, IT JUS PARTED L'YKE DA REDSEE...I HADDA TAKE DAT!!"

or something like that. :)

First off,as an avid Maroney 'basher' I must give LoMo credit for a very good inspired performance in this game....HOWEVER my feelings have not changed at all regarding him being a bad dissapointment since the Titans were not only a team that plays poorly in horrific weather conditions like that but they were also badly depleted in just aout everywhere on defense and are simply far from a good team anymore,lets see him turn it on against Indy and N.O. to see if this is an abberation or something to change.

Anyway back to the original question.... Does anyone think they know what Maroney was yelling into the crowd behind the bench as seen by the cameras who focused on Maroney after the 45 yard TD run?

I am almost sure he was saying ...NOW BOO THAT!!....I think Maroney is taking the boos heard in the last game seriously to heart...Anyone think this is what he was yelling to the fans yesterday?

Good. Hopefully we'll keep booing him getting him pissed. Maybe that's why he stopped running like a *****? :D

Or maybe he yelled,No I am not Marion Barber or Steven Jackson in disguise!!! :D

I'm with BionicPatriot here. If he ran like that due to the booing, then the fans should boo him every week. He looked great yesterday.

I'm with BionicPatriot here. If he ran like that due to the booing, then the fans should boo him every week. He looked great yesterday.

I guess I will continue booing only because it's for the good of the team :D

It's looking like he will be starting against TBs 31st ranked run D. He has a chance to have 2 good back to back games, but I'll have to see it to believe it.

Maybe he should shut his mouth until he does this consistently.

He's shown flashes in the past. I don't want one good game in the snow then fails for the rest of the year.

I think the only reason he did good yesterday was because of the snow. He still dances around too much imo. The only difference is that in the snow its harder for the defense to recover and regain their footing.

I think the only reason he did good yesterday was because of the snow. He still dances around too much imo. The only difference is that in the snow its harder for the defense to recover and regain their footing.

No I disagree about the snow in general,it was more of the team they played - the Titans after losing some key starters and Haynesworth are far from that 14-2 juggernaut we saw last season - We saw an amatuer Titans defense with more raw and rookie poor talent than most teams have - Some of us here could have ran for 45 yards and a TD during that play ;)

Maroney will be lucky to rush for 30 yards when the Colts and Saints are the opponent.

Last edited:
No I disagree about the snow in general,it was more of the team they played - the Titans after losing some key starters and Haynesworth are far from that 14-2 juggernaut we saw last season - We saw an amatuer Titans defense with more raw and rookie poor talent than most teams have - Some of us here could have ran for 45 yards and a TD during that play ;)

Maroney will be lucky to rush for 30 yards when the Colts and Saints are the opponent.

Saints and Colts are allowing 3.8 and 4.1 ypc respectfully. Big deal.

Are saying that their Ds are dominant?

Saints and Colts are allowing 3.8 and 4.1 ypc respectfully. Big deal.

Are saying that their Ds are dominant?

You don't need to be a dominant team to stop Maroney or have you been sleeping the past 4 years?...Even Lousy teams have contained Maroney...the Titans are beyond lousy however - The Bucs have a decent front 7 despite the whole team sucking,we will see next week if Maroney can make it two good games in a row for one of the few times in his career.

Last edited:
You don't need to be a dominant team to stop Maroney or have you been sleeping the past 4 years?...Even Lousy teams have contained Maroney...the Titans are beyond lousy however - The Bucs have a decent front 7 despite the whole team sucking,we will see next week if Maroney can make it two good games in a row for one of the few times in his career.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but weren't the Titans giving up 75 YPG on the ground prior to playing the Patriots?

Maroney has a career YPC well over 4. Who specifically has been stopping him for years?

Maroney has a career YPC well over 4. Who specifically has been stopping him for years?

That YPC is not making him an all-pro anytime soon - Go back and look at the GOOD teams this team has faced over the years and let us know what type of YPC Maroney has had against them on average...bet you anything its WELL under 4

When Maroney has had decent games it was against inferior opponents with the exception of the 2007 playoffs when teams were more concerned with Brady and Moss than the running game

If Maroney ever has more than 100 yards against teams with great regular season records,I'll eat my laptop

Last edited:
Hard to argue against PA, Maroney still has a lot to prove.

Maroney runs fine when there's a hole like " the Red Sea parting " ( his words, not mine).

His problem is finding a cutback hole. He just doesn't have good vision behind the line.

At least he's young and still healthy. Like him or not, at this point it's LoMO, Faulk and BJGE.

Even after yesterday's game, the Titans are fourth in the NFL in yards per carry against. They're still very good at defending against the run, if nothing else.

And before you claim otherwise, no, they didn't take men out of the box to defend the pass. They should have, but instead they insisted on single-covering Moss and Welker to the tune of 5 2nd-quarter TDs between them.

Last edited:

Did I hit a nerve?

Go back and look at Colts vs Fins and JAX and Saints vs Jets. If the game is close, you can run on both of those teams.

Maroney has nothing to do with it. Sheesh.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but weren't the Titans giving up 75 YPG on the ground prior to playing the Patriots?

Before yesterday's game, the Titans were giving up 2.7 YPC, 75.4 YPG, and I don't think they had allowed a run of 20+ yards. Among all of the crap that was that team, they at least had a top-tier run defense and a good rushing attack. Do you really expect PA to get his facts straight though?

Did I hit a nerve?

Go back and look at Colts vs Fins and JAX and Saints vs Jets. If the game is close, you can run on both of those teams.

Maroney has nothing to do with it. Sheesh.

No way, you CAN'T run against the Colts. I dunno how the Dolphins managed to have 45+ minute T.O.P. against them, but it certainly wasn't by running on them or anything.

Last edited:
That YPC is not making him an all-pro anytime soon - Go back and look at the GOOD teams this team has faced over the years and let us know what type of YPC Maroney has had against them on average...bet you anything its WELL under 4

When Maroney has had decent games it was against inferior opponents with the exception of the 2007 playoffs when teams were more concerned with Brady and Moss than the running game

If Maroney ever has more than 100 yards against teams with great regular season records,I'll eat my laptop

So, you're wrong, except when you change the criteria, but then you're still wrong, unless you exclude the playoffs.

Awesome.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes