PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

What veteran player would you give up the #7 pick for if it were possible

Status
Not open for further replies.

PATRIOTSFANINPA

Pro Bowl Player
2019 Weekly Picks Winner
Reaction score
O.K. Say there was a player on another team that you truly would covet if he were on the Patriots,So much that you would be willing to give your 2008 #7 draft pick away for his addition to this team

Of course the player would have to accept a contract what would be likely a lesser offer than his current team because he is that good and is probably getting top dollar but may do something like Randy Moss did to be on a contending team

The trade would involve giving away the #7 pick and nothing else (no other draft picks or players involved)

Who would it be?

I assume you would want a Linebacker or Corner since the team is bad and extremely thin at those positions right now

So who would it be?

My choice is my favorite Linebacker who is NOT a member of the Patriots and despite his offseason surgery I would LOVE to have Brian Urlacher of the Bears and would give the #7 for sure to Chicago to have rights to sign him....

Deion Sanders

Demarcus Ware

bob sanders

It would never happen, but my guy would be Ed Reed. I have a bit of a man crush on him. Belichick loves, and he is simply the best defensive player in the game today. Bob Sanders is terrific, but he is not on the level that Ed Reed is.

Urlacher..............

If I could add one more person it would be LaRon Landry. I love the toughness he brings. He'll be a stud next year and a Pro Bowler for the next 10 years.

Willis at linebacker or Thomas at left tackle would be good choices, I believe.

Ed Reed, hands down.

Not sure why you quoted Demarcus Ware, but I agree with Ed Reed. The guy can do everything. He would be worth a #1 pick.

bob sanders

Sanders is too injury prone for my taste. Especially as he gets older, the injuries and missed games could pile up even more than they already have.

Personally, I would go with any of the following:

Ed Reed (a little hesistant about his age though, will be 30 at the start of the season)
Terrell Suggs
DeMarcus Ware
Shawne Merriman

Last edited:
Great question! All great responses too. I would add Suggs and couple other guys for different reasons.....Any QB named Manning, simply so we dont have to play against them in or on our way to the SB.

I would have to say Ed Reed and Demarcus Ware would be the best choices.

If I had to chose one I would chose Ware. but maybe we can pull off a three team deal...We get those two, Dallas gets the number 7, and Balt gets Dallas two number ones. Guess Dallas is getting a little ripped off but this is as likely as the OP.

This might be crazy, but what about Lofa Tatupu? Here is one more, I wouldn't, but it would warrant consideration based on the fact how he can change the game, and also for his potential chance of being a good receiver Devin Hester? I wouldn't, but just a thought.

I know we have a lot of recievers but w/e, Steve Smith

Maybe Peppers as LB.

Ware

Reed

Champ

Adrian Peterson?

This might be crazy, but what about Lofa Tatupu? Here is one more, I wouldn't, but it would warrant consideration based on the fact how he can change the game, and also for his potential chance of being a good receiver Devin Hester? I wouldn't, but just a thought.

I don't think Hester is worth the #7, but he would def. be worth a lot to a team with a good offense like NE, IND or Dallas. Basically, an offense that is so good the opposing team can't afford to kick away from Hester and give up field position.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes