What up with our front office?

Status
Not open for further replies.

carolinatony

In the Starting Line-Up
Reaction score
We still have no defensive coach. Is there a reason BB won't give it to
Pepper Johnson?

Why has Vince not been resigned? He already said he won't be happy if we use the franchise tag on him. He's our best player. We got rid of Seymour, lets not lose our best player left on D.

Are we losing Floyd Reese? Who replaces him if he moves on.

We had the whole Adalius mess during the year which was new for us. That kind of situation never happened when Bruschi was here.

Seems like a lot of turmoil this off season.

Is this a crazy off season or what?
Do you expect Big changes in the next month or so up to the draft?

If I remember correctly, BB said after the Raven's game, they were going to take some time off and regroup. I think he's down at the Senior Bowl this week. Seems like the vacation is over for now.

Does anybody know when the Pats can start and sign free agents?

If I remember correctly, BB said after the Raven's game, they were going to take some time off and regroup. I think he's down at the Senior Bowl this week. Seems like the vacation is over for now.

I belive FA is early March; not sure the exact date.
Glad BB got away for awhile. We all know he wil lbe busy till Draft day. I still expect a lot of moves this offseaon; some good and some not so good.

Right, we have no defensive coach. That will be a surprise to all the defensive coaches.

NEWSFLASH - there's a good chance our new DC will be unnamed just like McDaniels and O'Brien were their first year.

Reese isn't leaving. Wilfork can't leave once tagged. We can't sign FA until March.

It's under control. Maybe Belichick will tweet us about it all soon :rolleyes:

I think that we should understand that failure to re-sign players or sign coaches five weeks before free agency even begins should not be a cause of alarm.

They can start signing unrestricted free agents from other teams on my

birthday, March 5th. A wide receiver and a pass rusher would

be neat presents.

Last edited:
Right, we have no defensive coach. That will be a surprise to all the defensive coaches.

NEWSFLASH - there's a good chance our new DC will be unnamed just like McDaniels and O'Brien were their first year.

Maybe I am missing something but what's the point of a "unnamed" coach?
Just asking

Last edited by a moderator:
I think that we should understand that failure to re-sign players or sign coaches five weeks before free agency even begins should not be a cause of alarm.

Completely agree. The 2009 season hasnt even ended yet. Do these people see any other teams making serious moves? Relax, there will be signings, franchising, releasing and all that stuff. It will come.

Perhaps it would help if people weren't starting silly threads continually bringing it up for no real purpose....

Last edited:
The real off season hasn't started yet. Meetings and plans are being made right now.

Read the chapter in Patriots Reign about what took place after the 2002 season and this what I think is going on now.

Maybe I am missing something but what's the point of a "unnamed" coach?
Just asking
I think it's just to take the pressure off of having the title although everyone knows.

I know Coordinators are now required to talk to the press and Pees had several press conferences. I don't think O'Brien did as he wasn't named OC though I could be wrong.

This goes back at least as far as when Belichick became DC at a young age for Parcells but the first year wasn't given the title.

I think it's just to take the pressure off of having the title although everyone knows.

I know Coordinators are now required to talk to the press and Pees had several press conferences. I don't think O'Brien did as he wasn't named OC though I could be wrong.

This goes back at least as far as when Belichick became DC at a young age for Parcells but the first year wasn't given the title.

Ok Thanks

Pepper Johnson?

Why has Vince not been resigned? He already said he won't be happy if we use the franchise tag on him. He's our best player. We got rid of Seymour, lets not lose our best player left on D.

We had the whole Adalius mess during the year which was new for us. That kind of situation never happened when Bruschi was here.

Have you forgotten?

This is the Off-Season, so the FO has taken Off.

Next time we hear from its PR dept., it'll be St. Paddy's Day

Every year we have posts like this "What are we doing?" Even in the Super Bowl years there were posts like this. Relax, it will all play out.

They just got back from vacation on Tuesday, according to Reiss. There's no rush right now.

I was going to say something clever, but I think this is perfect. :D

Pepper Johnson?

Can we make a rule that you're not allowed to freak out about the offseason in January?

I'm not sure. All I know is that heads need to roll. This failure to re-sign players and/or franchise them and appoint assistant coaches before the Super Bowl is simply unacceptable. Sadly, my friends, I'm afraid that BB has lost his touch and I don't think Kraft has the stones to fire him.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes