PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

What to expect from Andrew Luck next week vs Colts

Status
Not open for further replies.
Against this terrible defense, I fully expect Andrew to LIGHT IT UP! I'm starting him in fantasy

He's an interception-prone rookie. No matter how bad our D is, they are good enough to get turnovers and our offense will score to put enough pressure on him and force a few bad passes in our favor.

Run. It. Up. We'll give the rookie a career day and still get the W. Never thought there would come a day when the Colts would have a QB I actually like and sometimes even root for.

Of course if by some chance the Colts beat us, it will look bad but not as bad as it will make Mr. MVP look. It's kind of, almost, a win/win situation for me.

I think Luck will be productive but I see Jones and Nink getting some pressure from the edge as Indy's OL is not very good.

Look for Luck to throw for about 270 yards and 2TDs but he will be sacked a few times and maybe toss an INT or two......hopefully.

I still am not sold on the Colts and still see them as an 8-8 team......I do think that Andrew Luck will be that next Peyton Manning type and a stud at QB but I think he may struggle a bit in Foxboro next weekend.

Last edited:
Luck has fumbled 6 games in a row, losing 3. Might as well make it 7 games in a row and having lost at least 4.

I agree with many of the posters who say that we should be able to cause a turnover or two, while also applying pressure at times.

That said, I fully expect another 300+ yd game with multiple TD's too, as I think that Luck and the Colts can probably keep this game very competitive.

I don't see many being able to cover Wayne at all, and I also am prepared for the latest "average" WR such as Ty Hilton and that other very fast WR to be able to make a name for themselves against this....sieve of what they call a secondary.

What's funny is that I actually thought the lack of Gregory and Arrington made it better last week, but now they're back (and add a likely Chung to the mix next week) and it will continue to be bad again. Just my opinion.

Last edited:
Any quarterback can throw on this team so how much worse could it get? Once again this game will likely become a shootout with the final score having both teams in the thirty-point range.

The Colts Defense is not good, especially their rush defense, so if we establish the rush, we should be able to control the clock, how much it helps us is anyone's guess, i expect it to be a close game, another nail-biter coming down to the end.

Expect more teams to go for it on forth down when they are behind.

If Mark Sanchez was 28/41 for 328 yards and Russel Wilson was 16/27 for 293 yards against our superb secondary, unless something drastically changes (Talib?) Luck will throw for at least 300 yards. I just hope the tackling of Fred Jackson and CJ Spiller yesterday was a fluke and the defense can at least bring the opponent down if they get their hands on them!

Well ya don't have to be a rocket scientist to figure out that if your a 1/2 azz QB THROW IT ALL DAY LONG!!! Oh Wait! Our savior Talib can play next week so lets hope McCourty doesn't have to turn around on a pass and get burnt but balls are thrown in front of him (see game endind INT vs Bills).

Is playing Talib this game?

You know, this board does this every time... "If Sanchez and Fitzpatrick threw for X yards, then <insert good QB> will break records on Sunday!"

Then Sunday comes, and... the numbers look pretty equivalent. Not good mind you, we're NOT a good pass defense, but the numbers don't seem to be proportional to the talent of the QB. Good passing teams throw for between 250-350, and bad passing teams throw for between 250-350.

My theory as to why? BB wants to try to take away your best weapon. Now, in the heyday (and with any good defense), you can do that AND limit the rest of the weapons, at least to a respectable degree. Right now, we can limit the best weapon, but it leaves us exposed to the rest in general. So, chances are Reggie Wayne will be the focus, he'll get his catches but won't go off, but Fleener, Collie, etc will have big days and Luck will throw for a net of 250-350.

Turnovers will decide the game.

Gaudy stats for the fantasy obsessed but Luck will run out

Andrew Luck will be a great qb, but he has been overrated thus far. He's been a mediocre QB.

10 TDs 9 INTs 2,631 yards 79.1 rtg

Comparably, the other rookie QB who took us to town this season is outplaying him:

15 TDs 8 INTs 1,827 yards 90.5 rtg

I see Luck having a meh type day.

Andrew Luck will be a great qb, but he has been overrated thus far. He's been a mediocre QB.

Comparably, the other rookie QB who took us to town this season is outplaying him:

Stats lie, especially QB rating. Granted Luck's TD/INT ratio is ugly, but that will happen when you're a pass happy offense with a rookie. What kills Luck's rating is not only the INTs but the incompletions. But if you look more closely at the matter, you'll see him throwing the ball away, continuing to gain first downs, rack up yards, move his team, and, most importantly, WIN games. I'm one who tends to dismiss QB ratings because of the overemphasis on completions.

What I like to see:

1. No interceptions
2. first downs
3. points

Move the ball, don't turn it over, score. That's the name of the game.

Yet the stats put emphasis on completions and TDs. Pretty bogus, if you ask me. Incompletions in the midst of long drives are almost totally inconsequential.

Luck has been playing great thus far, but he's also a rookie and has shown a propensity to make mistakes and give defenses a chance in every single game he's played. I don't think you can take Fitzpatrick's performance as a barometer of how Luck will perform against us. Obviously, Luck is way more skilled, but he's also inexperienced and has never played against our defense. Fitz has always had big games against us in terms of yardage and completions, it's always the turnovers that kill him. I think we'll contain Luck.

Tanking Colts with that terrible guy last year threw for 300+

If they need it, he is probably 400 ish with 3 TD or so.
Men the guy is the real deal IMO and we made Sanchez look good so imagine Luck

Wilson has played on more game and has 800 fewer yards. He has zero rushing TDs. He has over a hundred fewer passing attempts. He also has a great D and a running game. He's played one more game and has 6 wins just like Luck.

Wilson most certainly hasn't outplayed Luck thus far.

I hate to say that, but the Pats squad should really be spending some time examining the Colts @ Jets game.... the Jets killed them (still not sure how).

I hate to say that, but the Pats squad should really be spending some time examining the Colts @ Jets game.... the Jets killed them (still not sure how).

Running the ball 44 times for 252 yards and 3 tds.

Shonn Green rushed 32 times for 162 and 3 tds.

They need to give the ball to Ridley 30-35 times and just let him do his thing.

Last edited:
Have only seen him play once, against the Fish, and was very impressed.

I'd expect at least 300 yds and 2 TDs against our defense but I think he'll give up 2 turnovers.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
Back