PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

What to Do with Faulk ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

BelichickFan

PatsFans.com Supporter
PatsFans.com Supporter
Reaction score
The guy is so good but he just drops the ball.

Then I read this :

Running back Kevin Faulk

(On responding after his fumble)
“A lot of guys hit me. It happens. You have to shake it off and play football.â€

It happens, huh ? Well it happens too much. It happens enough that I couldn't trust handing him the ball. There may have been glancing contact to the ball on his fumble but it wasn't hard contact at all. I hate to say it but I think I'm done with Faulk except as a receiver. Kevin, look at what Tiki did, admit you have a problem and try to fix it. "It happens" isn't good enough.

I don't care what anyone says, just about anyone would have fumbled in that spot. I won't argue about his fumbling history. He has had a history of really bad fumbles but that one was a case where no matter how your were holding the ball it was going to come out. Remember last week when Wilson hit that guy? He was holding onto that ball with both hands and it still shot out. You guys are overreacting on this one. Anyone who thinks we need to do anything but keep this guy on the team is foolish.

What do we do? We use him as a 3rd down back and a change of pace RB. The guy is very very good in those roles. He catches the ball well and has saved Tom numerous times on blitz pick-up.

huskeralk said:
Remember last week when Wilson hit that guy? He was holding onto that ball with both hands and it still shot out. You guys are overreacting on this one. Anyone who thinks we need to do anything but keep this guy on the team is foolish.
Well I never played RB, I'll admit, but he wasn't hit hard and the ball wasn't hit directly.

Faulk's upside is way greater than his downside.

My guess is that with under a week to prepare, BB didn't focus on avoiding fumbles, but he should have after we had 4 fumbles against the Jags. And I bet Shanahan spent extra time on creating and recovering fumbles. The solution: Next year, we need a bye week with the extra week to prepare.

You have a lot of football knowledge, but this is sheer ignorance.

Please post Faulk's stats for the past two years, carries and fumbles, and then compare these percentages with all the runners in the league!! Faulk is a fine runner. Also, almost anyone would ahve fumbled on that play.

just my two cents :)

BelichickFan said:
The guy is so good but he just drops the ball.

Then I read this :

Running back Kevin Faulk

(On responding after his fumble)
“A lot of guys hit me. It happens. You have to shake it off and play football.â€

It happens, huh ? Well it happens too much. It happens enough that I couldn't trust handing him the ball. There may have been glancing contact to the ball on his fumble but it wasn't hard contact at all. I hate to say it but I think I'm done with Faulk except as a receiver. Kevin, look at what Tiki did, admit you have a problem and try to fix it. "It happens" isn't good enough.

Typical knee-jerk reaction. His recent history fumbling wise isn't even that bad. He's picked some bad times to give up the ball but he doesn't do it that often. I still want Faulk on this team.

Well like dhamZ said he bailed out Brady and this team all year long, when Dillon wasn't heathly or when he was just inaffective Faulk came in and gave us a boost. Faulk always had fumble troubles, we still had a chance to win the game so it's not like we lost it on that play.

RI Pats Fan said:
He's picked some bad times to give up the ball but he doesn't do it that often. I still want Faulk on this team.
I still want him on the team too. I love the guy. But every time he gets the ball in a big game I wince and he usually comes through for me unfortunately. As a coach I just don't think I could call his number.

mgteich said:
Please post Faulk's stats for the past two years, carries and fumbles, and then compare these percentages with all the runners in the league!!
This year Faulk has 4 fumbles in 99 touches.
Dillon has 1 fumble in 263 touches.

I'll blindly look up Tiki, Edge and Alexander and see if I'm wrong :

Last edited:
Tiki had one fumble in 427 touches.
Edge had two fumbles in 404 touches.
Alexander had six fumbles in 454 touches.

I didn't bother looking up Kevin's number last year but this year he just fumbled too much.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Back