PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

What time to leave from Springfield area for Thursday's game?

Status
Not open for further replies.
A number of years ago, there were some preseason games played on Saturdays and Sundays, although nearly all of them were played in climate-controlled domes. But, September 1:00 p.m. games can be tough enough with the sun blazing, let alone August ones.

ya.......tail-gating would be awesome on the pavement

First weekday game I've been to. First game taking 2 young kids. Not sure what time to leave. I'd like them to experience some of the tailgate, but if we get there too early, they'll probably burn out sometime during the game.

Also, any stadium parking lots more kid friendly than others?

thanks.
So how did it go? They were reporting on the news that traffic was terrible.

I don't know how old your kids are, but 5+ they will love the bass pro shop. They have a shooting range, casting pond and just a lot of "Stuffed" animals including sharks, bears, deer etc. for a couple of bucks in tokens you will keep them happy and you cool. (and is a nice grown up toy store!)

As the previous poster said if you go by 140 and park in the private lots it is easy in easy out. However the private lots seem to be more guys and less families, no Port-a- johns etc. The hall of fame game days is mobbed. With younger kids, I bring a nerf type football, you bring a reg football the kids will be bouncing it off the other cars in the lot, gather some dirty looks.

If the game starts at 7:30, I would leave at 4:30. It will take you 90-120 min to get there and 1/2 hour to get into your seats. if you park in the main stadium lots across route 1. This will get you there 1/2 - 1 hour before kickoff. if you get there 1 hour before go to the Bass pro shop.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #5 and Thoughts About Dugger Signing
Matthew Slater Set For New Role With Patriots