Welcome to PatsFans.com

What Time Is It?...It's Murtha Time.

Discussion in 'Political Discussion' started by IcyPatriot, Aug 1, 2006.

1. IcyPatriot

IcyPatriot ------------- PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +2,013 / 41 / -31

#24 Jersey

[​IMG]IT'S MURTHA TIME!!! [​IMG]
    Group that attacked Kerry takes on Murtha
    http://www.upi.com/NewsTrack/view.php?StoryID=20060801-031714-8039r

2. wistahpatsfan

wistahpatsfan Pro Bowl Player

Ratings:
    +13 / 0 / -1

#75 Jersey

WTF, FBN?
    What point does the Swift Boat Veterans for Their Version of the Truth have with Murtha? Congressmen have every right to speak out on foreign policy issues - that's their job! Look up "checks and balances" on Google.

These self-appointed jagoffs need to go back to their civilian lives (if they have one). They accomplished their mission on the last election - well done soldiers! Now the RNC has them on the case of Murtha's qualifications and military record? Good luck on that one you losers!

3. IcyPatriot

Ratings:
    +2,013 / 41 / -31

#24 Jersey

My only problem with Murtha is this...he wants to be a top dog...House Majority Leader if/when the democrats take back the House. I think that puts him under greater scrutiny and he should answer questions perhaps posed by his military brothers and sisters.

As to the Swift Boat people...well...that's a group of Cindy Sheehans dressed in Red.

4. wistahpatsfan

Ratings:
    +13 / 0 / -1

#75 Jersey

They're political assasins for hire, like Sheehan. Murtha is above them.

Is that your only problem with him?

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 7, 2005
  5. IcyPatriot

Ratings:
    +2,013 / 41 / -31

#24 Jersey

He could be above them but he uses the voters emotions in much the same way Bush has used voters emotions from an opposite direction. Sheehan and the swift Boat people have every right to stand for singular issues.

Murtha is so anti-war that whatever candidate that he aligns with will not be judged as properly as they should be. This is how Bush got elected...and it has turned out not so well because he is so inept at running the country as a whole.

Murtha and all who choose to be like him who are our leaders need to represent more than just anti-war or anti-terrorism...because they know better.

As an old fashioned conservative who is considered a moderate in these times...I see the only route to restoring America's greatness lies in the good old fashioned roll up your sleeves and earn it style of politics.

I absolutely despise all public figures who pimp the media and cloud the judgement of the voters in electing well rounded candidates. I don't want Murtha to help elect the best anti-war democratic candidate. I would like Murtha to tone it down so that all issues can help elect the best demcratic candidate who will better serve the people...this emotion is how we ended up with Bush...i don't want the democratic/liberal version of the opposite of Bush.

6. DarrylS

DarrylS PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +824 / 27 / -33

Murtha has his deficits, but I trust someone more who has had his boots on the ground and is a veteran of the military and battle. The current crew were so far removed from war and its horrors, they act like it is a big video game that you can make money at.

7. IcyPatriot

Ratings:
    +2,013 / 41 / -31

#24 Jersey

I tend to agree NEM...Murtha is not Kerry and I think America is tired of the Swift Boat people anyways...their 15 minutes of fame is gone.

At the same time...I say that Murtha needs to portray himself as more than a single issue person nationally or he does open himself up for scrutiny which will be distracting to the party...a party that like when Kerry ran...needs to get the debate going on as many issues as possible...which is where Kerry failed the most.

8. wistahpatsfan

Ratings:
    +13 / 0 / -1

#75 Jersey

I agree with the last three posts, somehow.

I disagree with you, FBN, in that Murtha is motivated by anything other than getting our troops out of Iraq. I believe that he has complete distain for the pasty-faced chickenhawks (pardon the cliche) in the White House, that's true, but I see no alterior motive for Murtha.

Sure, he wants a Democrat in office. He and I agree that the White House is infested with self-motivated cowards who operate completely out of the realm of most Americans' sensibilities. They are conducting foreign policy as if it were a game and have shown no concern for the lives of American troops. That's what his "personal" problem lies with Bush. This is nothing like a rivalry like Tip and Reagan had where those guys disagreed but still had respect for each other. Murtha and Bush are two men who see each other as alein and dangerous.

Murtha doesn't want this occupation of the ME to continue or expand. I doubt the Democrats have the nerve to put up a candidate who is anywhere near Murtha's position on the conservative use of the military. The DNC and RNC are only different by the first letter. I believe that McCain will likely be the next POTUS, as he seems ready to do or say anything to be elected. My hope is that he's justifying the means at all cost to gain the one position from which he can straighten out our policies, make them more rational, and clean out the swine from the White House. I might bve wrong but I have no such hope for any other Republican or Democrat being spoken about right now.

9. wistahpatsfan

Ratings:
    +13 / 0 / -1

#75 Jersey

I always liked Biden, but two weeks ago he allowed Newt to go on a "WWIII" rant and had weak responses. That's an interesting ticket, though.

McCain is a sneaky whore, true, but isn't that job qualification # 1? Doesn't that get the foot in the door? :D

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 7, 2005
  10. PatsFanInEaglesLand

PatsFanInEaglesLand In the Starting Line-Up

Ratings:
    +154 / 10 / -16

#37 Jersey

Sure you do, unless the boots actually have a different opinion than you do.

11. patsfan13

patsfan13 Hall of Fame Poster PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +464 / 12 / -14

Well Murtha is now being sued by a soldier.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2006/08/01/AR2006080101345.html

Murtha had no business throwing Marines under the bus for his won personal political gain. These guys haven't been charged and he pronounced them murderers.

12. FreeTedWilliams

FreeTedWilliams pfadmins PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +582 / 50 / -8

#75 Jersey

From your lips to God's ears!

Y'all insane if you think that Biden could win a state south of Delaware! You might want to look at a map of the entire United States and then re-think your preferred candidates! How bout a Hillary/Biden ticket you could win Massachusetts and the District of Columbia, and that's about it!

13. Harry Boy

Harry Boy Look Up, It's Amazing PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +1,145 / 5 / -10

Biden is a charter member of the Uncle Teddy Gang (Losers)

McCain is a hot tempered spoiled brat (also a nut)

If blubber mouth Murtha wants to dance he has to pay the fiddler (thats politics).
    :bricks: