PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

What this draft/offseason means...

Status
Not open for further replies.

harveyw

Practice Squad Player
Reaction score
IMHO this draft and offseason thus far has to mean that BB has faith in the likes of Claridge and TBC to take on increased rolls this season. I love the quotes Rodney has made in regards to Claridge and I can only hope that they are accurate.

harveyw said:
IMHO this draft and offseason thus far has to mean that BB has faith in the likes of Claridge and TBC to take on increased rolls this season. I love the quotes Rodney has made in regards to Claridge and I can only hope that they are accurate.

What exactly has Rodney said about him? I have heard people on this forum mentioning rodney's comments on claridge, but I have never heard them.

I do not have the exact quote on hand, but it was some to the effect of "watch out for this kid (claridge) he is going to be an impact player." I know that was a weak paraphrase, but I don't feel like digging up the quote.

no problem, thanks for letting me know the jist of what he said though

There have been several positive comments from knowledgeable players about Claridges potential but it remains to be seen on the field. I am very hopeful for the young man who also is facing tragic personal loss. TBC really needs to step it up this TC... Maybe they have a FA targeted and expect to sign. I wouln't mind seeing Ty Law in the backfield either..... I think that would help more than anything. We need you Ty and promise to feed your family!:rocker:

Last edited:
Ok, the draft is over now we will pick up the crumbs of UDFAs...
Several decent LBs and prospects will still be signed.
A few gems are still available in FA.
Some teams (about 6) must make cuts to fit the salary cap.
Eventually everyone will cut down to a 53 man roster.
We may still trade away some 2007 picks to finish out the roster...

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes