PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

What they are saying in K.C. (link) Chris where are you?

Status
Not open for further replies.

MrTibbs

In the Starting Line-Up
2019 Weekly Picks Winner
2020 Weekly Picks Winner
Reaction score
http://www.kansascity.com/sports/chiefs/

"Running back Larry Johnson says he likes that no one is giving Kansas City a chance against perennial powerhouse New England in the Chiefs's season opener."

http://pointers.audiovideoweb.com/stcasx/va90win15056/090408_chiefsJOHNSON_NEW_spts_jt.wmv/play.asx

Chiefs’ green secondary ready to see how it matches up against the Patriots - 09/04/2008

http://www.kansascity.com/sports/chiefs/story/781002.html

I'm on it--I've been delinquent this week--my bad. (Good to know that people were missing it.......)

Thanks!! Yeah we need to read that stuff to get pumped up for Sunday!

Of course Larry Johnson likes it... surely he of the 3.3 ypc average can topple the mighty Patriots and throw it in the faces of all those that doubted the mighty Chiefs.

Seriously, I get the "us against the world" mentality, but when the disparity is so great between teams and everyone is picking against you, you probably shouldn't be thrilled. Chances are extremely good that all your doubters are right.

Here's what they are really saying in KC:

"Will there be a potential franchise QB worth drafting with the first or second pick in the draft next year because we sure need one."

"Who do you think our Head Coach will be next year?"

"Can we get this blow out over early? My wife has a baby shower to go to at 2."

"I'm not covering Randy. You cover him. Hey let's get Surtain. He can't cover anyone anymore anyway. Hey Surty!"

"Hey let go over the schedule again. I am sure if we do it again, we will actually find a team we can beat. There's gotta be one."

"Where's Coach Edwards?" "He's in his office with his kid's crayons making another one of those #@*&ing signs." (for those of you who watched Hard Knocks last year)

"Coach Edwards wants everyone in the meeting room for our weekly sing along."

Did you start working for the Herald? :D

lol, ouch :)

Does the herald still have a sports department besides Tomase? I think everyone else left. :banned:

lol, ouch :)

Does the herald still have a sports department besides Tomase? I think everyone else left. :banned:
Honestly, since I've signed up here I haven't looked at the Herald once. I don't have the same grudge as many of you guys, but the coverage between the forum and Reiss/Gasper is light years better.

oh shut it! You will only beat us by 23 pts!!!

oh shut it! You will only beat us by 23 pts!!!

It's all about Herm.
"If you're gonna play, you have to play to win and if you're gonna win then you have to play not to lose. Nobody ever didn't win by not playing either to lose or not win. In other words, you can't play not to get a win."

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes