PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

What they are saying in Buffalo

Status
Not open for further replies.
Im trying to think of the last 11 games, playoffs too, and i cant see a 6-5 in last 11 starts...

he is 3-0 this season, a playoff lose last year in AFCCG 3-1, a playoff win in divisional 4-1, a bye, so that means last year in reg season we ended season 2-4?

just checked, we did end season 2-4 last year...had completely forgotten about that
Wow I didn't remember ending season 2-4 either

We'll see, but I'm thinking it'll be a 35-16 kind of beatdown. This isn't an injured Brissett coming into town....also Gronk is back.

Wow I didn't remember ending season 2-4 either

The injury train barreled through the middle of the season. Look at the receiving options in that Denver game.

Excellent points by the author (Bills homerism and reasons to be optimistic).

However, What's the differential going from an injured 3rd string QB to the GOAT QB? I'd call that significant. I think back to SB49 when Bennett was getting free releases and getting to Brady in less than 2 seconds. Brady was still able to find and hit his targets. And not only do we have Gronk, we have Bennett too Pick your poison.

Bills can win this game, no doubt, but they are going to see a very different Patriots team and facing BB for the 2nd time in the same season is usually bad for the opponent.

"We beat some bad teams, they beat some bad teams, so that means we are as good as them!"

I know math is hard, but...

5 > 4
15 > 4

5 and 15 are both greater than 4, but that does not mean 5 = 15.

It DOES in Buffalo!

They should be saying, "We benefitted from playing a rookie third rounder who is not yet polished and shouldn't have had to be thrust into action so soon. We played a NE team that was uncharacteristically sloppy and won't have the benefit of either of those things this week."

Without McCoy they have no shot at beating the patriots.

They should be saying, "We benefitted from playing a rookie third rounder who is not yet polished and shouldn't have had to be thrust into action so soon. We played a NE team that was uncharacteristically sloppy and won't have the benefit of either of those things this week."

Here's a legitimate question. A lot of our uncharacteristic sloppiness was on special teams that day. And yet the Pats were also uncharacteristically sloppy on special teams against Pittsburgh on Sunday. So that's 2 games out of 7 the special teams didn't look so good, and 2 of the last 4 overall. At what point does it move from "uncharacteristic" to "the Pats just don't have good special teams units this year"?

Just run the ball down their throats, They can't stop the run, as Miami showed . They have no passing attack and their feature back is hobbled. get a lead early on them and they're done.

Agreed. LeSwag is easily their best player.

And he's injured.

Has he even practiced this week?

Go ahead and play him Rex, you need him. The fact that he is injured is just a minor annoyance, and after the game he can go on IR and start getting ready for next season, right Rex?

Here's a legitimate question. A lot of our uncharacteristic sloppiness was on special teams that day. And yet the Pats were also uncharacteristically sloppy on special teams against Pittsburgh on Sunday. So that's 2 games out of 7 the special teams didn't look so good, and 2 of the last 4 overall. At what point does it move from "uncharacteristic" to "the Pats just don't have good special teams units this year"?
Hey Hammer. My comment was regarding the Pats as a team, as I believe they were sloppy in all three phases of the game. That is uncharacteristic, as we have seen games where they were sloppy in just one phase or another, but we've seen far fewer where it's been all three.

Hey Hammer. My comment was regarding the Pats as a team, as I believe they were sloppy in all three phases of the game. That is uncharacteristic, as we have seen games where they were sloppy in just one phase or another, but we've seen far fewer where it's been all three.

That's fine - I agree that they were sloppy in all 3 phases of the game in that first Buffalo game, but the special teams one really stood out to me and I sort of went off-tangent. But I started wondering that myself during the Pittsburgh game. I wonder if they brought Brandon Bolden back before he was fully healthy - he was part of the ST issues on numerous occasions during that game (and we know about the offensive issue). Sorry, off on a tangent again!

Im trying to think of the last 11 games, playoffs too, and i cant see a 6-5 in last 11 starts...

he is 3-0 this season, a playoff lose last year in AFCCG 3-1, a playoff win in divisional 4-1, a bye, so that means last year in reg season we ended season 2-4?

just checked, we did end season 2-4 last year...had completely forgotten about that
2-4 to end the season, 1-1 in playoffs and 3-0 this season. so yeah, 6-5 but past performance ( with boatloads of injured players last year) isn't relevant to today......

You have to look at the totality of the special teams work. 5 games have shown great kickoff coverage holding them behind the 25 in almost every possession on kickoffs and the punting in those games was great......If it was average in those 5 games I'd see your point but it has been 5 very good/excellent games and two subpar games...

What are they saying in Buffalo this weekend "Super Bowl is here this weekend"

That's fine - I agree that they were sloppy in all 3 phases of the game in that first Buffalo game, but the special teams one really stood out to me and I sort of went off-tangent. But I started wondering that myself during the Pittsburgh game. I wonder if they brought Brandon Bolden back before he was fully healthy - he was part of the ST issues on numerous occasions during that game (and we know about the offensive issue). Sorry, off on a tangent again!
No worries. I hear you, though. Part of the ST's woes in that first meeting was in large part Cy Jones being indecisive, which is just a rookie being a rookie. I do agree, however, that ST's as a whole has been up and down this season (and last). They've had games this season where they've been great and others, to your point, where they've been miserable. What a difference coaching makes, huh? Their last great season was the 2014 season under a different coach. Look at the difference in O-Line play under Scar compared to the past two seasons as well. So it would seem coaching is where some of the issues lay.

I've been frustrated by it on a number of occasions, like you, Hammer. It's something I hope they get under control. It hasn't been as bad as some other teams I've seen around the league, due in large part to guys like Slater and King, but it has been sub par. And Gost, well, I have no real conclusion there. I don't know what has happened to him. Your guess would be as good or better than mine.

Last edited:
Two thoughts.

One. They played the Pats. They beat them in their own house. They can brag (until Sunday at about 4:30).

Two. It looks like the buffalo media have gotten on to Wrecks Ryan's fatal flaw: "The Bills can't let emotions lead to their undoing, even though Rex Ryan and his coaching staff will be looking to give the pregame dressing room the feel of a nest of angry hornets."

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back