PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

What the Patriots really need to draft is....

Pryor and Richard are too small to play 3-4 DE. Pryor is like 6'1".

Too short. He's a good 4-3 DT though. Maybe trade him for a 3rd or 4th.

Pryor is actually taller than Elvis Dumervil. But that is besides the point. Richard is 6'2.5" tall and 300 lbs Just about the right size to be a DE in the 3-4..

Ohrenberger was listed as like 6'2" 280 coming out. Maybe he gains a little weight, but he wasn't much in college (did you see Penn state's bowl game that year where they were BLOWN OUT against USC? How'd he look in that? LOL). Nothing like having your facts wrong. Ohrnberger was 6'2.25" tall and 297 when he went to the combine.

Iaputi OG Idaho, 6'5" 330 and not fat is what we need. He has the power to demolish those DT as well as the agility to pull. That's the kind of thing we need. Not these midgets from munchkin land.

Rich Ohrnberger - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Look at his picture, he looks tiny.

I maintain the BIGGEST thing we need by far is a legitimate offenseive coordinator. Someone who can mix it up a bit and not just have maroney off tackle, dump pass to welker, bubble screen to welker, randy deep overthrown, maroney off tackle, draw to faulk. I mean 90% of our plays are one of 6 or 7 plays, it's ridiculous.

What is ridiculous is the lack of understanding of the offense by people like yourself. There are a lot more than just 6 or 7 plays that this team runs. There are about 30-40 different formations and, from that numerous different plays...

So what they need is another Curtis Martin. I say, you're better off trying to pry Stephen Jackson away from St. Louis than finding a Ray Rice, Kevin Smith, Jamaal Charles, Slaton, Tashard Choice or Hightower. Because, let's not forget, the Patriots can't draft. Or seem to conveniently "miss out" on the steals. Even when the talent is in front of their faces, they typically pass.

A good point was made on the radio yesterday about the Patriots needing to learn to draft linebackers and change their system to fit this player rather than the usual drafting players to fit their system. They've to do something and fast. Change your way of thinking. Because these talented players every draft, whatever the position, offense or defense, are slipping through Belichick's fingers and other teams are prospering.

How do you know that these "talented players" that are "slipping through Belichick's fingers" would prosper on this team?

Because I think we still will have Maroney, Faulk and Morris i think Bill will go for Anthony Dixon ... he may be able to even get him in a trade down to upper round 3.

What was really nice was when we had Corey Dillon ... he was a great pass blocker ... not just good but great. We don't have that this year outside of Kevin Faulk ... we need a RB who can run and pass block to help this offense work. Maroney sucks at pass blocking - he looks like a pinball out there.

Maroney is actually very good at pass blocking. When he's not asked to cover up for the center's mistake anyways. When Koppen lets a guy like Ray Lewis in untouched and Lewis has a head of steam, he's going to beat Maroney or anyone else every time.

Maroney is actually very good at pass blocking. When he's not asked to cover up for the center's mistake anyways. When Koppen lets a guy like Ray Lewis in untouched and Lewis has a head of steam, he's going to beat Maroney or anyone else every time.

He's good at pass blocking.?. Ray Lewis says hello..he half heartedly put his shoulder into Ray. no feet set no standing his ground. He got blown up and therefore so did Brady.

He's good at pass blocking.?. Ray Lewis says hello..he half heartedly put his shoulder into Ray. no feet set no standing his ground. He got blown up and therefore so did Brady.

The post you quoted says "when hes askted to cover up for the centers mistake"....

Last edited:
ok my bad...

but still make an effort to stay in front of Lewis...

I wonder what people see in games sometimes. Maroney had to dodge around Brady to even get that hit on Lewis, the kid's done enough legitimately for folks to get down on him without making other people's errors his.

ok my bad...

but still make an effort to stay in front of Lewis...
Lewis was tossing aside Neal in that game, Maroney trying to change direction and get in front of him wasn't going to be a strong enough effort.

Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
Back