Welcome to PatsFans.com

What The Christ Is This About

Discussion in 'Political Discussion' started by Harry Boy, Feb 6, 2007.

1. Harry Boy

Harry Boy Look Up, It's Amazing PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +29 / 0 / -5

AMERICA IS GOING CRAZY:

Wash. initiative would require married couples to have kids

02:34 PM PST on Monday, February 5, 2007

KING5.com Staff and Associated Press

OLYMPIA, Wash. - An initiative filed by proponents of same-sex marriage would require heterosexual couples to have kids within three years or else have their marriage annulled.
    IT'S TIME TO GET OUR GUNS OUT,
    http://www.nwcn.com/statenews/washington/stories/NW_020507WABinitiative957SW.546c6a4d.html
  2. Holy Diver

Holy Diver Rookie

Ratings:
    +6 / 0 / -0

Harry,

THE SKY IS FALLING!
  3. Pujo

Pujo Rookie

Ratings:
    +4 / 0 / -0

Makes perfect sense to me, gay marriage opponents always point out how marriage is an institution for having children.
  4. Harry Boy

Ratings:
    +29 / 0 / -5

You Can Say That Again :mad:
  5. Holy Diver

Holy Diver Rookie

Ratings:
    +6 / 0 / -0

I thought you'd enjoy.
  6. Harry Boy

Ratings:
    +29 / 0 / -5

It's people that dream up sh!t like that who CREATE "Timothy McVeigh's"

CREEPS :rocker:
  7. Pujo

Pujo Rookie

Ratings:
    +4 / 0 / -0

I'll keep an eye out. If the people introducing this go on to bear any children who turn out to be involved in a federal building bombing, I owe you a Coke.
  8. Harry Boy

Ratings:
    +29 / 0 / -5

OK,
    Clinton/Reno caused the last one (Waco)

Imagine saving your money for twenty years for your only daughters wedding (daddy's little girl) you walk her down the aisle, then she is off to live happily ever after oh boy.

Then along comes these f-cked up slime ball rat bastards and ends your daughters happy little home because of their jealous nasty twisted fruitcake demented bullsh!t all because your daughter hasn't been knocked up yet.

That is when it is time for Daddy to go out in the garage and start making his Bomb.
    :bricks:
  9. Pujo

Pujo Rookie

Ratings:
    +4 / 0 / -0

Harry, you're smarter than this. The bill doesn't have a snowball's chance in hell of passing, or even being debated, and the people sponsoring it will be the first to tell you that it's a bad idea. All they're trying to do is bring attention to the hypocracy ("If you can't have kids, you shouldn't be able to mary.") around gay marriage. It's a gambit, like the Democrats "trying to bring back the draft".
    Last edited: Feb 6, 2007
  10. PressCoverage

PressCoverage Banned

Ratings:
    +13 / 0 / -0

bingo... why anyone would give this so much as a huff and sigh is beyond me... but then, Harry needs to get angry at least 50 times per day...
  11. Harry Boy

Ratings:
    +29 / 0 / -5

OK, thats taken care of, now lets get Sandy Burglar to take a "Lie Detector Test"
    :bricks:
  12. Fogbuster

Fogbuster Rookie

Ratings:
    +10 / 0 / -0

Not the only reason by any means.
  13. PressCoverage

PressCoverage Banned

Ratings:
    +13 / 0 / -0

hey fog.... how come there's an outcry about "uncecessary, vindictive payback" whenever Libby's name is brought up, but you never seem to bat an eye when this clown squawks about Sandy Berger every 15 minutes? gosh...
  14. Fogbuster

Fogbuster Rookie

Ratings:
    +10 / 0 / -0

Because Harry's right!!! Duh-h-h-h!!
  15. PressCoverage

PressCoverage Banned

Ratings:
    +13 / 0 / -0

mmm, yeah... that's where i always thought your view on the double standard was exactly.... thanks for making it clear for everyone...
  16. Fogbuster

Fogbuster Rookie

Ratings:
    +10 / 0 / -0

Ha-ha. Nice try. Everybody knows that Harry (and I) are simply reacting to the bull-crap looney tunes game that one side plays while simultaneously saying how the rules don't apply to them. Harry wants a return to sanity, fair play, and honesty, and so do I. Something wrong with those things??
  17. Harry Boy

Ratings:
    +29 / 0 / -5

I'm Always Right
    Sandy's A Crook And It's About Time They Went After Him
  18. Fogbuster

Fogbuster Rookie

Ratings:
    +10 / 0 / -0

Don't worry, HB. If Aunt Nancy and her cohorts get too frisky, Sandy will be hung by his heels. That's why she said last September that if she became Speaker, there would be no attempt to impeach. She knows well enough what chits are going to get called in, and what secrets are going to be brought to the light of day. You think Uncle Bob Byrd's KKK past was the only thing? Hoo-boy!! You ain't seen nuthin' yet!

:yeahthat:
  19. PressCoverage

PressCoverage Banned

Ratings:
    +13 / 0 / -0

lol... you're emoting a response to your own post? ... that's rich... i bet RW won't mention that at all...

earlier, you said something about Harry wanting "a return to sanity?" that's funny on a whole number of levels i don't even need to touch on... your good pal...

reminder for the 98th time... perhaps this time you'll absorb it: Sandy Berger PLED GUILTY already.... i mean, i know you guys wanna erase many parts of the Constitution and Bill of Rights, but will that also include nullifying Double Jeopardy as well?
  20. Fogbuster

Fogbuster Rookie

Ratings:
    +10 / 0 / -0

:wha:

Ha-ha-ha. Good to see we got you worried!!

Try not to lose too much sleep over it. I guarantee I won't.

:yeahthat:

:ditto: out of respect for Rushbo, made to look good by PressC.
  21. PressCoverage

PressCoverage Banned

Ratings:
    +13 / 0 / -0

Worried about what? lol...

Harry, is that you? come back to us when you've learned to make sense...
  22. PressCoverage

PressCoverage Banned

Ratings:
    +13 / 0 / -0

oh, yes... of course everybody knows that... all 5 personalities inside your own head... heck, why stop at double standard? why not go for a triple or quadruple standard?
  23. Fogbuster

Fogbuster Rookie

Ratings:
    +10 / 0 / -0

:wha:

Gee, and YOU were the guy fairly *begging* for posters to stay on topic and NOT get personal!!!

//
  24. PressCoverage

PressCoverage Banned

Ratings:
    +13 / 0 / -0

well, while i never begged, or anything remotely resembling begging (Once again, you're continuously making things up. A sad statement for your arguments), i did adhere to that policy for a time... but, then, you made it personal today by 1) lying about what i said; 2) insisting i "damn well know" about your goofy opinion about Geffen; and 3) starting up your annoying, elitist, holier-than-thou speak...
  25. Fogbuster

Fogbuster Rookie

Ratings:
    +10 / 0 / -0

So, I gave you more credit than you deserve by saying you had the sense to beg for goodness. Foolish me.

You adhered to the policy of non-personal attacks until you saw statements by me that you didn't like, to wit: that Anne Heche has been black-balled by Hollywood because she broke off from that unprincipled relationship of lesbianism she had with Ellen Degeneres. You could not contain yourself to argue facts, and you made it personal.

That's your standard modus, to lower yourself to ad hominem, degrading, and insulting statements and tones. And whether you want to believe it or not, EVERYBODY *does* know that. :D

So, if anybody's arguments are "sad" they are clearly YOURS.

Because I don't believe in piling on, I'm going to leave it at that. There's a part of me that wants to keep going, but you've been thrashed enough today, so I will let you go.

//
  26. PressCoverage

PressCoverage Banned

Ratings:
    +13 / 0 / -0

Dear State of Denial:

I already displayed CLEARLY that you started the personal jabs back then, and you alone... I merely finished them..... I also displayed precisely how you started sh!t again today after a brief cease fire... You're the most blatant hypocrite on this message board, and it rings true once again here... You wanna keep things on the up and up, then quote me accurately, and keep the "i'm a better Christian than you" crap out of the political forum...
  27. fleabassist1

fleabassist1 Rookie

Ratings:
    +3 / 0 / -0

However that is wrong. Marraige is not about having kid's, it is about your love for someone. Should Hispanic people not be able to marry? How about blacks? Whites, Asians...American Indians? What is the difference - We are all people ... we are all Americans.

If you disagree with this, saying that Marraige is not about love then you are a ^^%&!@# idiot.
  28. Pujo

Pujo Rookie

Ratings:
    +4 / 0 / -0

Yeah, and yet there are people on this board, maybe even people participating in this very discussion, oh the hell with being coy, Fogbuster, who think that people should go to jail for being gay. Because God said so.
  29. fleabassist1

fleabassist1 Rookie

Ratings:
    +3 / 0 / -0

The reason that this country is so divided is because people still believe in that old crap. "Set in their ways" type of thing; religion is the ultimate curse. If there is a god, he loves all his children - no matter how you interpret the bible, god loves all.
  30. Fogbuster

Fogbuster Rookie

Ratings:
    +10 / 0 / -0

This initiative is just a lame attempt by the homosexual lobby to try to isolate the discussion onto "having children". Having children is certainly NOT the ONLY criteria for heterosexual love; the most obvious indicators are the totally complementary opposites of the sexual organs themselves: man's straight pole and woman's soft opening, convex and concave.

The other indicators are: the complementary natures of the two personality types: men are yang, women are yin; masculinity and femininity are cosmic characteristics: light and dark, heavy and not heavy, strong and weak, up and down, right and left, etc. These opposite characteristics are everywhere in the universe. Without them there would be no existence.

Humans are no different. We need to combine as two opposites in order to be happy in love and to create something new, eg a new life. Without creating something new -- or at least follow the way of creating something new -- then we do not have any future, nor long-term purpose.

Since we all feel we have some long-term purpose to our existence, we want to participate in making it happen. Thus we want to participate in the creation of life, which necessitates one man and one woman. Nothing more, and nothing less.

At the same time, there are many different kinds of love: children's love for their parents is how we are supposed to start off; then we have love for our siblings; then we have love for our spouse; and finally we have love for our children. These loves are different in terms of giving and receiving, what is expected and what is desired.

A child begins by receiving from the parents, starting with receiving mother's milk and touch. Soon the child sees that the parents (starting with the mother) are happy to see their child being happy, so the baby begins to communicate based on the sharing of this happiness back and forth with the parents, through smiles and giggles, frowns and crying, etc.

Sibling love is more complex in that it is more of a sharing of resources love: sharing food, sharing a laugh, sharing a secret, sharing tickets to the ball game, etc. It is based on mutual trust and care for another, which grows in proportion to the amount that one gives to the other and how it is reciprocated.

Conjugal love is more complex still: it is like sibling love but also with the sexual dimension, a level of sharing that is unique among all things that may be shared. You can share your house, your car, your music, your stories, your food, your possessions, but nobody wants to share that unique love of their spouse. When that love is shared with anyone else it is called "infidelity", and no one likes to treated that way because it automatically cheapens all that one has invested in the unique relationship. Furthermore, only in a stable faithful relationship can the most stable and level-minded children be born; children born outside of such stable relationships between the parents always suffer, and that suffering gets played out later in the child's life.

Parental love is the summation of all the other loves in that it contains the experiences of all the above. Plus it has an added dimension of caring for a new life that has been given as a miraculous gift. It is as parents that human beings can know God, for God is the first parent and the model parent for all of us.

And that's the way it is.

//