PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

What teams do you loathe the most?

Status
Not open for further replies.

DisgruntledTunaFan

In the Starting Line-Up
Reaction score
What teams do you loathe the most, to the point where it gets under your skin?

Personally-

1. Eagles-their fans are the biggest scum of this earth. The passion they give to their team is beyond sickening.

2. Raiders-Al Davis is French for "Washed Up Sore Loser"

3. Cardinals-Lifeless organization that gives a very bad name to this league

4. Skins-Only out of obligation being a Dallas fan-have, and will never get this whole rivalry thing

5. Viqueens-The Paper Champions of the NFL-always will

6. Lions-belong in the Junior High School leagues

I loathe fan bases more than teams.

Pitt will always be number 1 because every Pitt fan I know has virtually zero redeemable qualities, least of all humility.

Miami is next because they are some of the least objective fans on Earth.

I used to have a problem with Indy, but not really any more.

Baltimore is a team that I can't stand without any help from fans. I just hate how self-promoting they all are, including the coach.

I don't really like Carolina mostly because something about Jake Delhomme bugs me.

That's about it.

I'm going to take a hint from my recent compulsion to mute the TV whenever Manning is on, mentioned, reviewed or even hinted at.

The Colts. Then the Broncos. But mostly the Colts. The hate is sometimes overwhelming.

1. Redskins. The "anti-Patriots." Snyder is a spoiled 12-year-old with too much money.

2. Raiders. Still too much swagger for a laughingstock. Fans are braindead.

3. Colts. Should never have kept the name "Colts." Whiney Polian, Peyton the quarterhick, indoor roller-rink of a stadium with "runner-up" banners, etc. Once Manning is done so are they.

4. (tie) Jets and Dolphins. Nothing likable about either team.

5. Falcons. Sick of Vick. Fans in Atlanta are bandwagoners only.

Last edited:
First of all, I have no hatred for any football team the way I do for the Yankees. The Lakers and Knicks used to come close for me.

On to football:

I guess the Jets and Dolphins are too obvious for people?

I am sick of the Colts. Don't like Ravens -- more of a Ray Ray thing for me.

I do not mind the Steelers. The fan base has nothing else to root for or live for, and you have to respect the fact that the franchise has been mostly good, with a few short downturns, for 35 years. Ditto for the Broncos, although their fans are more idiotic homers than Steeler arrogant.

I kind of resent the Cardinals and Lions. They've been blessed with an NFL franchise and they have been losers forever.

I also like to root against the Raiders.

That's easy, real easy:

1. Colts, Colts, Colts.

It's mostly because of the national media love fest the past 3-4 years over Peyton and co. Plus, many of the local fans (not all) have gotton more nasty/antsy/anxious/pissed in recent years regarding no SB appearances. It's all added up in my mind to now despise all things Colts.

Colts. A big chunk of this is the media love for a team which hasn't even reached a superbowl. You'd swear they were the 3-time champions or something. Polian alone would probably make them #1 on this list. Dungy-love is annoying too... I know someone who credits the Bucs superbowl to Dungy and I'm like "you know they were only able to win after he left, right?"

Steelers. They're the least gracious losers. The better team lost, eh? I have quite a few co-workers who are steelers fans and they're nice and respectful as can be, but i assume that's because they're all pretty passive fans. Oh, and the fact that the idiot fans think that waving towels intimidates the opposition. riiigght

Raiders. The whole raiders persona annoys me. You guys were tough and intimidating 20 YEARS AGO. You're a joke now. You don't see celtics fans strutting.

Dolphins. Only because of the 1972 thing. The toast is petty. fans saying "we were the last undefeated team." Well whoop-de-doo. Yaz was the last guy to win the triple crown. whats that, who cares? exactly.

Redskins. I live in northern Virginia. I don't know if i loathe them as much as I thoroughly enjoy their failure

Baltimore. Once more the northern virginia thing. they're the local afc team so I often cannot watch Pats games and get Baltimore instead. They're painful to watch, and i'm stuck watching them or nothing (unless there's a good game on fox).

Jets->Colts->Squeelers->Dolphins->Broncos->Raiders->Cowboys (America's team my arse)

Last edited:
TomBrady'sGoat said:
Colts. A big chunk of this is the media love for a team which hasn't even reached a superbowl. You'd swear they were the 3-time champions or something. Polian alone would probably make them #1 on this list. Dungy-love is annoying too... I know someone who credits the Bucs superbowl to Dungy and I'm like "you know they were only able to win after he left, right?"

Steelers. They're the least gracious losers. The better team lost, eh? I have quite a few co-workers who are steelers fans and they're nice and respectful as can be, but i assume that's because they're all pretty passive fans. Oh, and the fact that the idiot fans think that waving towels intimidates the opposition. riiigght

Raiders. The whole raiders persona annoys me. You guys were tough and intimidating 20 YEARS AGO. You're a joke now. You don't see celtics fans strutting.

Dolphins. Only because of the 1972 thing. The toast is petty. fans saying "we were the last undefeated team." Well whoop-de-doo. Yaz was the last guy to win the triple crown. whats that, who cares? exactly.

Redskins. I live in northern Virginia. I don't know if i loathe them as much as I thoroughly enjoy their failure

Baltimore. Once more the northern virginia thing. they're the local afc team so I often cannot watch Pats games and get Baltimore instead. They're painful to watch, and i'm stuck watching them or nothing (unless there's a good game on fox).

They don't have sports bars with NFL SUnday ticket in your area?

The Broncos are my least favorite team now because the Patriots have failed miserably against them. The Chargers are on my list because of Farty ****tenheimer. I like the Chiefs because my wife is from KC. Of course I always will hate the Raiders but it was funny as hell to see them knock off Pittsburgh and watching those fans at the Sports Bar cry in their yellow towels - Just Priceless.

Bella*chick said:
I'm going to take a hint from my recent compulsion to mute the TV whenever Manning is on, mentioned, reviewed or even hinted at.

The Colts. Then the Broncos. But mostly the Colts. The hate is sometimes overwhelming.

heh heh heh - I'm with you Bellachick!
my utter hatred towards the colts is almost consuming.
there are not many humans who have walked the earth in all of history who make me feel hatred like peyton manning. I also despise dungy completely. Polian? hate em. harrison?, wayne? hate. hate.
the inability to accept their part in the losing and to point fingers in other directions is at the center of it, along with the sad amount of commercials. Just hate his whole family. Nothing more enjoyable on this earth then beating him again and again and again and watching his true, worthless qualities come out from under all that pretending. He needs a giant pacyfier stuck in his mouth.
after that it's the jets. this stems from the border wars days when parcells went there and then took curtis martin. I still despise that slimy, classless organization and enjoy they way they are a complete laughing stalk year after year after year!!
the the dolphins for all thos eyears of watching them win with shula.
I hate the raiders, but they are so bad, they aren't even worth my attention. I'll never forget what jack tatum did to darryl stingley though.

I can hinestly say I grit my teeth with hatred towards the colts sometimes though. there are not enough bad things I can wish apon them.

1. Colts.

CANNOT stand Peyton (Opie) Manning. He looks just like a whiny little loser anal boy. I do realize that he DOES have alot of talent, and I can't stand it that he does. He has so many weapons around him, that Ryan Leaf could succeed at it though.

2. Broncos.

Where I live, the popular teams are: Broncos, Packers, Seahawks, Vikings. I dislike ALL of these teams, but I have a clear cut disdain for the Broncos. The owner was born in and still lives in Canada (not the main reason why I dislike them though... just a side note). Never liked Elway. Never liked Shannon "not so" Sharpe. Never liked Jake "the joke" Plumbum. Oh yes, and their offensive line and the way that they block... I'm sure that you all agree...

3. Cowboys.

A few years ago, this would have been easily number 1 on my list. Mexico's team is a shoe-in to be hated for so many reasons.

The owner is a flat-out thief. He phucked over MANY Oklahoman investors of his oil company (the reason that he bought the Cowboys in the first place), Enron style. This fact alone would be sufficient to hate them.

Michael Irvin. Do I REALLY have to explain this one????

Deion Sanders. Ditto.

4. Packers.

The only thing that I like about this team, is the owner (this is a great idea really). Other than that... NO WAY.

Last edited:
IndyKen said:
That's easy, real easy:

1. Colts, Colts, Colts.

It's mostly because of the national media love fest the past 3-4 years over Peyton and co. Plus, many of the local fans (not all) have gotton more nasty/antsy/anxious/pissed in recent years regarding no SB appearances. It's all added up in my mind to now despise all things Colts.

The Colts represent everything I hate about the NFL. The bully GM who is poisoning the rulebook and the refs. The overhyped QB that has yet to EVER win a significant game, but runs up the score on the Texans just for the fun of it. The media lovetrain that never stops for one nauseating minute until the Dolts are sent packing for yet another offseason. The passive-aggressive head coach who is more overrated than any other in the league. Even his own QB overrules him when the game is on the line. The fans who cry like idiots about how great they are all year long and then make excuses when they fail as usual.

Denver has to be number two, for having the Pats number, but mainly for being dirty pigs and having an arrogant and heartless fanbase that doesn't care what leg breaking tactics they use.

Dolphins and Jets for old time sake.

Raiders suck too much to really inspire much emotion at the moment, but clearly make the list.

I have had a grudging respect for the Steelers organization and Cowher. But Toothlessdizzle has ruined that for me. He is a chump's chump. And the fans need to STFU about how 'great' his is/was/could have been/should have been.

5 Rings for Brady!! said:
The Colts represent everything I hate about the NFL. The bully GM who is poisoning the rulebook and the refs. The overhyped QB that has yet to EVER win a significant game, but runs up the score on the Texans just for the fun of it. The media lovetrain that never stops for one nauseating minute until the Dolts are sent packing for yet another offseason. The passive-aggressive head coach who is more overrated than any other in the league. Even his own QB overrules him when the game is on the line. The fans who cry like idiots about how great they are all year long and then make excuses when they fail as usual.

Denver has to be number two, for having the Pats number, but mainly for being dirty pigs and having an arrogant and heartless fanbase that doesn't care what leg breaking tactics they use.

Dolphins and Jets for old time sake.

Raiders suck too much to really inspire much emotion at the moment, but clearly make the list.

I have had a grudging respect for the Steelers organization and Cowher. But Toothlessdizzle has ruined that for me. He is a chump's chump. And the fans need to STFU about how 'great' his is/was/could have been/should have been.

yeah - I forgot about the broncos - I hate them too, although mostly because they are so toughto beat. I guess I respect shanahan alot. There's some hate there though.

I don't hate the steelers as much as I just laugh at them. they are like some dumb cousin who you just humor.

I totally agree with you about dungy by the way. I friggen despise that fem.

by the way, it's amazing how much hate football brings out of us - usn;t it?

I bet that's part of why we love it so much!

just a thought!

QuinielaBox said:
They don't have sports bars with NFL SUnday ticket in your area?

yeah you got me there, there's a great patriots bar in alexandria, va. My fiance and i really value our weekends together though and she was put off by how insane some fans are the one time we went.

i just need to buy her a new videogame and step out while she's playing.

the jets, and it's not even close - mainly due to "knowing" some of their fans for years on message boards. They can't lose enough.

my list ...(may have missed a few)

atlanta - overhyped vick all the time
ravens - somehow they are always "back" every season but end up not going anywhere.ray lewis/billick too much noise for no result
cowboys- too much
colts - mainly because of the players who whine and their manager
redskins- another of those teams which is supposed to "contend" every yr..

i personally dont loath fans...they are of every type for every team...therefore i have high respect for the steelers who play the game hard as our teams and their fans are equally passionate..

No question. Indy. Please, don't call them the Colts. That name should be stripped from them.

I hate teams that leave a city behind - how can the Titans be allowed to honor Warren Moon? He played for Houston not Tennessee!

Broncos - Hate Shannon Sharpe, hate Champ Bailey. Plus the Broncos give the Patriots fits.

Ravens - Think the Miami Hurricanes on the pro level. That's basically what they are.

Colts - Only because of Bill Polian, and that crappy "We Ready" they play on kickoffs (it's caught on to other stadiums unfortunately). LOL @ the "AFC Finalist" banner.

Raiders - The fans dress up like Mad Max rejects, and their own is a walking cadaver.

Eagles - Just don't like Philly fans at all.

Steelers - Fans are okay in my book, don't like the players.

TomBrady'sGoat said:
yeah you got me there, there's a great patriots bar in alexandria, va. My fiance and i really value our weekends together though and she was put off by how insane some fans are the one time we went.

i just need to buy her a new videogame and step out while she's playing.

Phew! Before the videogame comment, I was afraid you were going ot get crushed by a giant beercan. I guess it depends how that time together is spent ...

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes