PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

What team do you WANT to see get #6 seed?

THE HUB FOR PATRIOTS FANS SINCE 2000

MORE PINNED POSTS:
Replies:
Very sad news: RIP Joker
Replies:
OT: Bad news - "it" is back...
Replies:
2023/2024 Patriots Roster Transaction Thread
Replies:
Asking for your support

What team do you want to see in the playoffs?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Banjo

Rotational Player and Threatening Starter's Job
Reaction score
2013 NFL Playoff Machine - Simulate Matchups and Scenarios - ESPN

Here are the scenarios.

If all four teams lose in Week 17:

Baltimore wins tie break over NY Jets and San Diego based on best win percentage in conference games. Division tie break was initially used to eliminate Miami (NY Jets wins tie break over Miami based on best win percentage in division games).

If all four teams win in Week 17:

Miami wins tie break over San Diego and Baltimore based on best win percentage in conference games.

Head-to-head tiebreakers:
Baltimore beat Miami in Week 5. Miami beat San Diego in Week 11.
If Baltimore and San Diego tie, Ravens would have a better conference record so they get in.

If two teams ties, those tiebreakers will decide it. Yet, Miami can win a multi-team tiebreaker because H2Hs are thrown out the window and it's all about a better conference record. This is why they need the Chargers to win and tie their record as well.

As for the scenario where the Steelers are the only one of the four to win, this is their tiebreaker:

Pittsburgh wins tie break over NY Jets and San Diego based on best win percentage in conference games. Division tie break was initially used to eliminate Miami (NY Jets wins tie break over Miami based on best win percentage in division games). Division tie break was initially used to eliminate Baltimore (Pittsburgh wins tie break over Baltimore based on best win percentage in division games).

San Diego

I feel like they'd give Manning another one & done

Compared to Miami, Steelers and Ravens who are a joke

Something I've been hearing a lot lately... Last 4 teams to play in the Eagles home opener won the Super Bowl.

09- Saints
10- Packers
11- Giants
12- Ravens (even though they lost the Eagles game.)

This year, Chargers played in the Eagles opener. So... knowin that, I'm not really sure I want them in the playoffs...

San Diego, don't really like them but can't stand the Fins, ****tsburgh or the ravens

I know this isn't the point of the thread, but I've made the mistake too many times of saying, "I would rather face X than Y" then watching X beat the Patriots:

Giants in '07
Jets in '10
Giants again in '11
Ravens in '12

I'm going to let it happen and consider every team a threat.

Before last night, I would have said the Ravens. Now? <shrug>

Also, if the Ravens beat the Bengals, it pushes the Bengals down to the 4th seed (unless Colts choke to Jags). Which means Bengals/Chiefs in the wild card. I would like that. Those two defenses are easily the scariest to me in the AFC. Better to just let them take each other out.

Chargers because of Woodhead.

Outside of the Patriots, I see San Diego as the only other team of the bunch that could go into Denver and win and bring another home AFCCG back to Foxboro.

I don't actively hate the Chargers (everyone from the organization that I couldn't stand in the mid-2000s is gone), and I actually kinda like Rivers and really like Woodhead. So I guess I'm going to go with them. Also doesn't hurt that I could see them going into Denver and knocking off the Broncos, which is basically the only way the Pats can end up with home field throughout.

I could also easily see them coming to Foxboro and beating us, but that's a bridge that you cross when you come to it. I could see every team that's left in the running coming into Foxboro and winning anyway.

I know this isn't the point of the thread, but I've made the mistake too many times of saying, "I would rather face X than Y" then watching X beat the Patriots:

Giants in '07
Jets in '10
Giants again in '11
Ravens in '12

I'm going to let it happen and consider every team a threat.

Amen to that. Every team that's left in the running can (and in many cases, has) beat the Patriots. Nobody should get caught up in the "no way X team beats us" mindset.

Either San Diego or Pittsburgh I think both Teams are better than their records.

Also, if the Ravens beat the Bengals, it pushes the Bengals down to the 4th seed (unless Colts choke to Jags). Which means Bengals/Chiefs in the wild card. I would like that. Those two defenses are easily the scariest to me in the AFC. Better to just let them take each other out.

Lol Banjo.:D

I have a funny feeing that KC will beat Indy at home if things stay like they are.

KC has not won a post season game since 1993 and they are due.

In other words, which team do I think is most likely to give the Broncos the most trouble? I'd have to go with the Steelers or Chargers.

The Steelers because I ain't never counting them out of nothin'.

The Chargers because if the "Good Philip Rivers" shows up and plays 60 minutes, they could pull it off in Denver.

Baltimore with an immobile Flacco is no threat and the Dolphins would just be happy to be there.

Whoever has a legit shot at making it to the divisional and knocking off Manning.

Personally don't care because I don't see a 2007/2011 Giants or 2012 Ravens in the bunch. I think whoever wins that slot is one and done.

But if I had to choose, I guess it would be San Diego because last week the Dolphins and Ravens were the two hot "It" teams that were on hot streaks and could come in as the 6th seed and surprise people. How funny would it be if both lost their last two games and didn't even make the playoffs?

Chargers because of Woodhead.

And Welker is with the Broncos. And Vinatieri is with the Colts.

And all three are our enemies, regardless of when they used to wear our jerseys. Playoffs are coming. No more wishing any other AFC team good luck.

Let's look at it this way:

The more teams who we've already seen and recently prepared for, the better...

We just played both MIA and BAL, and dealt with DEN and CIN earlier in the season. This would point to likely pulling for MIA in my opinion, although we could go BAL if the hope is to have someone knock CIN out and make some possible noise.

That could help significantly in our gameplanning technique, as KC and IND are the only 2 teams that we haven't seen this year.

I think there is VERY little separating from 1-9 in the AFC. For example, you put Denver and Pittsburgh on a neutral field and it is a tough game to pick. So, I guess my answer here is I don't care.

MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Back