PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

What station will you watch the game on?

Status
Not open for further replies.
It is. NBC and CBS (and apparently your ABC station) are simulcasting the NFL Network's presentation of the game. So yes, we all have to listen to Bryant Gumbel. :eek: He's got a woody about it too... saw him on the Today show yesterday AM and he is LOVING the fact that he'll be on so many stations at the same time. A-hole!
If ESPN or somebody did a thing comparing current announcers with all-time best announcers, current would get trounced. Michaels and Madden and then a big dropoff. I don't know about New England local announcers.

So we got our new DVR recorder set up last night in prep for the big game. But I was just wondering the same thing. Our NFLN isn't high def, but we get CBS and NBC high def. If they're carrying the NFLN feed, will they still have HD capability?

Wow I just automatically thought the NFL Network was in High Def. That would suck if it is not.

I remember seeing a blog that disussed the state of the union address and compared the HD of many different channels. They said there was only 1 camera used by all networks yet the presentation on each station was pretty different even among the HD versions.

So I am guessing the cameras there will be from the NFL Network and will be HD cameras. Whoever receives that feed can then present it as either HD or Standard.

I'm really not sure, it's a close tie between the Weather Channel, A&E, and the Martha Stewart Network.

NFL Network is in HD; however, the sound is often not a full surround 5.1 or greater. It will be interesting to see if this "glitch" is repaired tonight.

I believe that all national feeds, CBS and NBC will carry the NFL Network feed. The only one to vary will be WCVB carrying the local rights broadcast. I believe they still get the camera feeds from the NFL Network.

As for the answer to this thread, I'm changing to a different network after each play. :eek:

Last edited:
Isn't it amazing. First they screw most people who would not be able to see the game then they screw the people who don't give a flip about the game by having it on two over-the-air networks.

whichever network has the least time delay so I can turn off the sound and listen to Gino & Gil

Isn't it amazing. First they screw most people who would not be able to see the game then they screw the people who don't give a flip about the game by having it on two over-the-air networks.

Hahaha. Enjoy watching the Pats make history tonight Colts fan! :)

The feed should be the same to everyone.

I will watch the channel of NFL finatics, NFLN. I'm already watching.

Last edited:
The NFLN here too. The pre-game programming is great.

i will switch between CBS and NBC during commercial break so that i can hear all the comments from different show hosts.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes